[Balance] Proving Grounds question.

A recent try at Ahoo'ru in Brawler's Guild, while I was watching conversations on the upcoming Proving Grounds, has given me something of a concern.

Unless I've missed something, Balance only has 1-3 interrupts, depending on talents and if stun/knockback will stop the mob in question. And they're all on rather long CDs. I had Ahoo'ru casting back to back complete heals on me, and he ended up getting one through because I couldn't stop it.

This got me thinking, and worrying, about Proving Grounds. Am I going to have trouble in Proving Grounds with interrupts? Or am I sitting here worried over nothing?

It's going to be a little more difficult than classes with a 24s interupt, but certainly doable. The mobs in proving grounds are vulnerable to most CC. That being said, disorienting roar gives you a 30s interupt, then you have beam as well. Additionally, it's just best to lure the amber globule traps into the healer npcs first and try to prioritize them if possible.

Hitting the mobs with disorienting or might bash (thought often dodged) works like a full interupt. They do not begin to cast again immediately after the CC ends. I don't think typhoon works this way and iirc they begin to cast again after being knocked.

Classes aren't really balanced around a 463 ilvl so last 1 or 2 levels of gold will be close and I don't really think endless is very doable for balance druids. I really wish they had developed a system that scaled the mobs up to your ilvl rather than scaling us down.

Alright, as odd as this might sound I'm more fine with the scaling issues than the interrupt ones. If I have to interrupt and can't, I'm done for. Scaling, can be fixed on their end without a total remake of the system.

So thank you very much for the answer.

Also, I didn't really have a problem with Ahoor'ru, but I used fae silence glyph or beat the 2nd cast can't remember. Typhoon just makes things worse for his 2nd phase.

I'd be more worried about our whole multi target starsurging with less gear, due to nerf

did it with 535 ilvl 3rd attempt , its actually not that difficult , u save ur cds till the last phase , get a mage to symbiosis , and use mirror images so he doesnt attack u he attacks ur images , you shud get a good 10-20 seconds of solid dps in , if u cant do like 110k with cds up then theres something wrong with u or ur gear is below 496 ilvl. Solar beam the first interupt , then bash/typhoon the 2nd. He shud be at around 10-15 % on the 2nd one , so if u bash it , u need to really push out that last dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    did it with 535 ilvl 3rd attempt , its actually not that difficult , u save ur cds till the last phase , get a mage to symbiosis , and use mirror images so he doesnt attack u he attacks ur images , you shud get a good 10-20 seconds of solid dps in , if u cant do like 110k with cds up then theres something wrong with u or ur gear is below 496 ilvl. Solar beam the first interupt , then bash/typhoon the 2nd. He shud be at around 10-15 % on the 2nd one , so if u bash it , u need to really push out that last dps.
    it's scaled to 463.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    it's scaled to 463.
    I think he's refering to Ahoo'ru in the Brawler's Guild
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Should be fine. Next patch fae silence will interrupt people that can't be silenced.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Hi Miatog, you can refer to my post here for how I killed Ahoo'ru. I also encountered the same problems as you initially (back to back heals).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22105591

I found typhoon would interrupt the Mystics (though verrrrrrry tempermentally). That combined with Roar/Beam made those not a problem. Banshees/Sha seem to be the biggest obstacles, at least to me.