Poll: Should the gnomes reclaim Gnomeregan?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Gnomeregan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw the gnomes. Let them go extinct.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I'm the only person to this day that actually loved that instance to the max.
    Hey everyone

I used to like the instance too - except for the stairs when someone forgot to dismiss their pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    To parrot GC, "what gameplay advantage would removing a commonly run leveling instance and replacing it with a redundant Alliance capital city in a zone that already has an Alliance capital city offer?"
    could it be commonly run cos its the only freaking instance u get from randoms at those levels even if there are other options its just allways gnomeregan, personally after so many alts i completely stopped queing random in certain level ranges and skip instances like gnomeregan or brd. might do brd once for quests but never gnomeregan. and why is there no option "remove the instance but dont waste dev time to turn it into a capital"
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-09 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to be reclaimed. Progress the Gnomes' story arc so they're no longer the eternal homeless exiles and can actually justifiably have some kind of story and impact in the game. The Draenei sorted their shit in less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No home for the gnomes.

Deleted
    its not fair that trolls got thier whole island while gnomes (allaince btw) got shafted again for some really rediculous argument that people actuely liked gnomer as an instance . Am i blowing it out of porportions? maybe but yet again horde favoritism.

gnomeregan is shit. id be so glad if they finally removed it. maybe garrosh shoulda took it out instead of theramore.

To parrot GC, "what gameplay advantage would removing a commonly run leveling instance and replacing it with a redundant Alliance capital city in a zone that already has an Alliance capital city offer?"
    for once he is correct , gnomeregan is crap anyway and we dont need it . give us gilneas

15+ Year Old Account
    To parrot myself...why are those two things mutually exclusive? There's already entire swathes of leveling content that take place IN THE PAST. Why can't they do that with a single instance?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say keep the instance around, I hate the idea of such major parts of the game, and old ones at that, going away.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer they keep the instance, it's already a quest hub and is a good starting area with an interesting story for new gnome characters.

Surely you can remake the instance as "recapturing Gnomeregan" have the players liberate it, then have the city it self restored. Win win? So when you are leveling Gnomeregan is still over run then when you complete the instance it unlocks the other phased version where it is now restored?

It might be a bit of effort but it does have gameplay value to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    They should have got thier home back when the trolls got thiers back
    They did, they got the echo isle back.

And they could still get the home back, and still just not touch gnomergarden, i mean the timeline is still fucked as it is. i mean litterlary You start in Cata(level1) Travel back in time to Outland, then still backwards in time you go to northen AND then you go to cata starter time, and then you go to Mist of pandaria. (the time line is even more fucked if you are a panda)

Deleted
    They could perhaps connect the Deeprun tram to the Gnomeregan tram, for easy access.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes should build a new city - a flying/floating/tunnelling/diving tech city - and leave old Gnomeregan as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Gnomes should build a new city - a flying/floating/tunnelling/diving tech city - and leave old Gnomeregan as it is.
    That would be awesome. We've already seen tons of crazy goblin shit (the giant cannon in Azshara, the "speed barge" in Shimmering Flats, etc.) It would be nice to see gnomes step up and make some sort of wacky landmark.

Deleted
    I'm missing the poll option "Nuke it and don't look back".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I'm missing the poll option "Nuke it and don't look back".
    It's already nuked. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to remove the instance.

We still run ICC and kill Deathwing if the whim strikes us... etc, etc.