Patch 5.4 Live This Week
The Siege of Orgrimmar begins this week!
If you are tired of seeing armor set previews on the Human Male, we have some good news for you! We are now ready to start testing a modelviewer on WoWDB which will let you preview armor sets on the different races. This modelviewer will also work for regular items and NPCs. This will also allow us to let you see new models even faster with new PTR builds, rather than having to wait for our normal high quality previews.
Keep in mind this is a beta version! There are some bugs that need to be fixed still.
To use the modelviewer, you must have hardware acceleration turned on in Flash. Click the image below to open a version check, right click on the version, open the settings, and be sure the box is checked, similar to the image below.
After you have that working, go ahead and give it a try with Pierre by clicking the View in 3D link on WoWDB!
Patch 5.4 Notes
The final Patch 5.4 notes have been released!
New World Bosses - Ordos and the August Celestials
You can find Ordos on the Timeless Isle, but to access him you will need a legendary cloak on one of the characters on your account. Ordos drops item level 559 gear and is the more challenging boss of the new bosses, similar to Oondasta.
You can find the August Celestials in the Celestial Court in the middle of Timeless Isle. You can kill all four every week, but you will only receive loot from the first one. They all share the same loot table, which consists of item level 522 PvP gear and item level 553 PvE gear. The Celestials are the less challenging world bosses of the new bosses, similar to Nalak.
New Raid - Siege of Orgrimmar
Get ready to fight your way to Garrosh by reading the encounter journals and watching guides! Normal and Flex Wing 1 open on Tuesday.
Patch 5.4 will connect low population realms into groups to form a single Connected Realm.
- Players from the other realms will be treated as if they were on your realm, so you can trade, raid, and join guilds with the other players.
- This solution gives all the benefits of server merges without having to give up your character or guild names.
- In the process of grouping low population realms, faction balance will be taken into account as much as possible.
- Connected Realms won't be applied to all of the realms that need it on patch day, but will be applied to a small group of realms as a test first. If everything works well, it will be applied to other realms similar to the release timeline of Cross-Realm Zones.
- For more information, take a look at the connected realms preview below, as well as the information from developer interviews.
Flexible Raid Difficulty
Patch 5.4 will add a a new raid difficulty:
- Bring anywhere from 10 to 25 people to your raid and the difficulty will automatically scale.
- Works with battletags, so you can bring friends from other realms.
- Item level of loot (540) is between Raid Finder (528) and Normal (553) and loot is awarded with the Raid Finder style loot system.
- Separate lockout from Raid Finder and Normal, allowing you to do all three difficulties.
- The Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider meta achievement for Siege of Orgrimmar can be completed in Flex difficulty.
Proving Grounds is a way for players to practice new specs and get better at their current spec in an environment that doesn't inconvenience other players.
- There are four difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Endless just keeps getting harder every wave and your highest Endless score is stored as a statistic.
- DPS must kill of the enemy mobs in the time allotted while dealing with different PvE mechanics such as kiting and stuns.
- Tanks must protect a single healer NPC while dealing with different PvE mechanics like knockbacks and fire.
- Healers must keep a party of NPCs alive while dealing with different PvE mechanics like dispelling. Some of the NPCs even like to stand in the fire!
- For more information, videos, and the official preview, see the link below!
New Garrosh Models
Several new models of Garrosh were added for the raid, including one that may be a preview of the new Orc character model.
Legendary Cloak Guide
If you already have your item level 600 cloak and are in a hurry to get your legendary cloak on Tuesday, this guide should help!
Legendary Quest Line Updated
Wrathion is back again in Patch 5.4, first asking you to meet him at the Tavern. He has learned of the new Timeless Isle added in Patch 5.4 and wants to further augment your cloak by "time-locking" it.
You will have to head to Timeless Isle and collect 5000 x Timeless Coin for one step in the quest. While you are there, you can also defeat the four August Celestials of Pandaria in combat, which is the other step of the process.
Once you have completed both steps, you head to the Seat of Knowledge so that Wrathion can give you the Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight to upgrade your cloak with.
These cloaks have a nice proc spell effect, as well as a spell effect that appears at random, even on druids! You will need a cloak on your account to access Ordos, the new world boss.
If you aren't caught up yet, you can collect Sigil of Power and Sigil of Wisdom from all of the Throne of Thunder bosses. If you are a little further along, you can collect Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, and Titan Runestone from the first eight bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar.
Level Type Spec Slot Name 600 Back Tank Back Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao 600 Back Tank Back Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao 600 Back Melee Back Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen 600 Back Spell Spirit Back Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji 600 Back Physical DPS Back Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen 600 Back Spell DPS Back Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon
Timeless Chests Guide
One of the main sources for the Timeless Isle Armor is the chests located around the island.
Timeless Isle Events and Rare Spawns
There are almost no daily quests for you to complete on the Timeless Isle, so you are able to explore the island, take part in events, and hunt rare spawns!
Timeless Isle Vanity Items
The Timeless Isle adds more than 50 new items for you to collect!
Timeless Isle Armor Sets
The Timeless Isle will allow players to obtain item level 496 and 535 gear through drops found around the island.
The items used to create the 496 armor are found all over the island in chests and dropped by mobs, similar to the items used to create armor in Battlefield: Barrens. The Burden of Eternity is a rare drop from mobs, found in the Blazing Chest, or in one of Kukuru's chests.
The item level 535 version of the gear is called "Timeless" and is obtained by using a Burden of Eternity on an item that creates armor, such as a Timeless Leather Helm. You cannot use the Burden of Eternity to upgrade existing gear.
Patch 5.4 normal difficulty gear has an item level of 553, while flex gear is 540, and raid finder gear is 528. This makes the 535 Timeless gear a nice upgrade for players that will only raid in Raid Finder difficulty and a temporary upgrade for players who will be raiding Flex difficulty.
Type Role Normal (496) Timeless (535) Plate Armor Strength Tank Elder Tortoiseshell Elder Tortoiseshell Plate Armor Strength DPS Cliffbreaker Cliffbreaker Plate Armor Intellect Healer Everbright Everbright Mail Armor Agility DPS Crimsonscale Crimsonscale Mail Armor Intellect DPS/Healer Ordon Legend-Keeper Ordon Legend-Keeper Leather Armor Agility Tank/DPS Cranefeather Cranefeather Leather Armor Intellect DPS/Healer Fire-Chanter Fire-Chanter Cloth Armor Pure Intellect DPS Cloudscorcher Cloudscorcher Cloth Armor Intellect DPS/Healer Amaranthine Amaranthine Timeless Lavalliere All Necklaces Necklaces Timeless Cloak All Cloaks Cloaks Timeless Signet All Rings Rings
Timeless Isle - Timeless Coins Armor and Weapons
First up we have the armor and weapons that you can purchase for Timeless Coins, which are gathered by taking part in activites on the Timeless Isle. The cache items are used to create a random 496 item for your spec, as seen in the Armor Sets table above.
Level Type Spec Slot Name Cost 496 Trinket Trinket Time-Lost Artifact 7500 × 535 None Burden of Eternity 50000 × 535 Trinket Physical DPS Trinket Discipline of Xuen 50000 × 535 Trinket Spell DPS Trinket Yu'lon's Bite 50000 × 535 Trinket Spell DPS Trinket Contemplation of Chi-Ji 50000 × 535 Trinket Melee Trinket Alacrity of Xuen 50000 × 535 Trinket Trinket Resolve of Niuzao 50000 × 496 Other Timeless Plate Armor Cache 7500 × 496 Other Timeless Mail Armor Cache 7500 × 496 Other Timeless Leather Armor Cache 7500 × 496 Other Timeless Cloth Armor Cache 7500 × 476 Shield Tank Off Hand Daylight Protectorate 10000 × 476 One-handed Mace Melee One Hand Pandaren Peace Offering 10000 × 476 Staff Spell DPS Two Hand Cloudscorcher Greatstaff 20000 × 476 Shield Spell DPS Off Hand Shield of the Eternal Noon 10000 × 476 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Contemplation of Shaohao 20000 × 476 Fist Weapon Physical DPS One Hand Hozen Can Opener 10000 × 476 Polearm Melee Two Hand Yak-Herder's Longstaff 20000 × 476 Dagger Spell DPS One Hand Ordon Sacrificial Dagger 10000 × 476 Bow Physical DPS Ranged Featherdraw Longbow 20000 × 476 Dagger Physical DPS One Hand Scavenged Pandaren Dagger 10000 ×
Timeless Isle - Timeless Coins Vanity and Misc Items
Next is the set of vanity and miscellaneous items that you can purchase with Timeless Coins.
Level Type Slot Name Cost 1 Consumable Magical Pet Biscuit 500 × 90 Mount Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent 100000 × 1 Key Kukuru's Cache Key 500 × 1 Other Censer of Eternal Agony 2500 × 1 Other Mask of Fear 500 × 1 Other Mask of Hatred 500 × 1 Other Mask of Doubt 500 × 1 Other Mask of Violence 500 × 1 Other Mask of Anger 500 × 1 Other Scroll of Challenge 500 × 1 Other Celestial Defender's Medallion 2500 × 1 Other "Dapper Gentleman" Costume 500 × 1 Other "Little Princess" Costume 500 × 1 Other "Dread Pirate" Costume 500 × 1 Other Big Pink Bow 500 × 1 Junk Time-Worn Journal 500 × 90 Inscription Technique Technique: Glyph of Shifted Appearances 4000 × 1 Other Harmonious Porcupette 7500 × 1 Companion Pets Sky Lantern 7500 × 1 Companion Pets Flimsy Sky Lantern 500 × 1 Other Golden Glider 2500 ×
Timeless Isle - Bloody Coins
Patch 5.4 adds Speaker Gulan, who will sell you a Censer of Eternal Agony, which allows you to become hostile to all players (including your own faction) and kill them for Bloody Coins, which are used to purchase the items below.
Level Type Slot Name Cost 1 Other Fire-Watcher's Oath 50 × 1 Other Black Ash 1 × 1 Other Vengeful Porcupette 100 × 90 Mount Reins of the Ashhide Mushan Beast 500 × 496 Trinket Trinket Pouch of White Ash 20 ×
Reduced Cost Vendor Gear
Patch 5.4 converted many of the items that currently cost Valor Points to Justice Points. This excludes the Shado-Pan Assault items, which were discounted by 34% from their previous prices.
Patch 5.4 adds several new mounts, including the very popular Sky Golem!
New Battle Pets
Patch 5.4 adds several new pets, including Pierre and Rascal-Bot!
Orgrimmar and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms have seen some significant changes in Patch 5.4!
Visions of Time
Patch 5.4 adds a new quest line that involves working for Kairoz of the Keepers of Time. He has created an hourglass that will allow for a window into the timeways, but you must collect 50 x Epoch Stones to make it usable.
After collecting the stones, you embark on a series of weekly quests to use the Vision of Time in different locations to calibrate the Vision of Time. As the hourglass grows more powerful, he will send you to look at different timeways.
Patch 5.4 will be changing RPPM procs to not double dip on haste. This means procs that give a stats increase will no longer have a proc rate that scales with haste. Also, your RPPM time since last proc will be reset to 120 seconds. That means the more frequent procs will still be more or less guaranteed to go off, but the rarer (and more powerful) procs will just have a high chance.
For full details, check out the blue posts in this topic and the table below.
New Cosmetic Glyphs
Patch 5.4 adds lots of cosmetic and fun glyphs for your minor glyph slots!
Level Type Slot Name 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of the Weaponmaster 25 Paladin Glyph Glyph of the Exorcist 25 Paladin Glyph Glyph of Pillar of Light 25 Rogue Glyph Glyph of Headhunting 25 Rogue Glyph Glyph of Improved Distraction 25 Priest Glyph Glyph of Angels 25 Priest Glyph Glyph of the Sha 25 Priest Glyph Glyph of Shifted Appearances 25 Priest Glyph Glyph of Inspired Hymns 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of the Skeleton 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Spirit Raptors 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Lingering Ancestors 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Spirit Wolf 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Flaming Serpent 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of the Compy 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Elemental Familiars 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Astral Fixation 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Rain of Frogs 25 Mage Glyph Glyph of the Unbound Elemental 25 Mage Glyph Glyph of Evaporation 25 Mage Glyph Glyph of Condensation 25 Druid Glyph Glyph of One with Nature
New Combat Glyphs
There are also some new Glyphs that will affect combat.
Level Type Slot Name 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of Impaling Throws 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of the Executor 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of the Raging Whirlwind 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of the Subtle Defender 25 Warrior Glyph Glyph of the Watchful Eye 25 Paladin Glyph Glyph of Divine Shield 25 Paladin Glyph Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of Swift Death 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of Loud Horn 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of Regenerative Magic 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of Festering Blood 25 Death Knight Glyph Glyph of the Long Winter 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Purging 25 Shaman Glyph Glyph of Eternal Earth 25 Druid Glyph Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom
The Balanced Trillium Ingot and Accelerated Balanced Trillium Ingot have been added as world drops. This reagent is needed to craft the new epic item level 553 gear. A new item level 476 crafted PvP set has also been added.
Name Reagents Blessed Trillium Greaves × 28 Balanced Trillium Ingot Protector's Trillium Legguards × 28 Balanced Trillium Ingot Avenger's Trillium Legplates × 28 Balanced Trillium Ingot Blessed Trillium Belt × 21 Balanced Trillium Ingot Protector's Trillium Waistguard × 21 Balanced Trillium Ingot Avenger's Trillium Waistplate × 21 Balanced Trillium Ingot
Patch 5.4 finally adds several of the items that originally appeared in Patch 5.2, including the new and improved version of the Sky Claw, the Sky Golem! These are all crafted using Jard's Peculiar Energy Source, which is taught by Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard's Journal, a random world drop.
Blingtron 4000 Gift Package now also has the chance to contain a Lil' Bling.
Name Reagents Jard's Peculiar Energy Source × 10 Ghost Iron Bar Sky Golem × 30 , Jard's Peculiar Energy Source × 30 Living Steel Pierre × 15 , Jard's Peculiar Energy Source × 15 Living Steel Advanced Refrigeration Unit × 5 , Jard's Peculiar Energy Source × 5 Living Steel Rascal-Bot × 15 , Jard's Peculiar Energy Source × 15 Living Steel
Many new glyphs have been added, as well as a recipe for crafting a item level 476 PvP trinket. Some of the glyph recipes are world drops, some drop from Timeless Isle rare spawns, and one comes from a vendor.
Name Reagents Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity × 10 Ghost Iron Bar
Leatherworkers also have a new reagent for crafting item level 553 gear, a Hardened Magnificent Hide. This can be made daily or more frequently with Accelerated Hardened Magnificent Hide. The pattern for this is a world drop.
The Drums of Rage have also been added, allowing anyone to provide a weaker version of Bloodlust. The pattern for the drums is also a world drop.
New item level 476 crafted PvP gear has also been added.
Name Reagents Pennyroyal Leggings × 28 Hardened Magnificent Hide Krasari Prowler Britches × 28 Hardened Magnificent Hide Snow Lily Britches × 28 Hardened Magnificent Hide Gorge Stalker Legplates × 28 Hardened Magnificent Hide Pennyroyal Belt × 21 Hardened Magnificent Hide Krasari Prowler Belt × 21 Hardened Magnificent Hide Snow Lily Belt × 21 Hardened Magnificent Hide Gorge Stalker Belt × 21 Hardened Magnificent Hide Hardened Magnificent Hide × 2 Magnificent Hide Drums of Rage × 1 Magnificent Hide Accelerated Hardened Magnificent Hide × 2 , Magnificent Hide × 1 Spirit of War
Tailors also have a new reagent for crafting item level 553 gear, Celestial Cloth. This can be made daily or more frequently with Accelerated Celestial Cloth. The pattern for this is a world drop.
New item level 476 crafted PvP gear has also been added.
Name Reagents Celestial Cloth × 10 Bolt of Windwool Cloth Accelerated Celestial Cloth × 10 , Bolt of Windwool Cloth × 1 Spirit of War White Cloud Leggings × 28 Celestial Cloth Leggings of the Night Sky × 28 Celestial Cloth White Cloud Belt × 21 Celestial Cloth Belt of the Night Sky × 21 Celestial Cloth
Darkmoon Faire Updates
Moonfang is the new boss added to the Darkmoon Faire in Patch 5.4. There is a mount, pet, transmog weapon, and a few novelty items in the loot table:
Level Type Slot Name 20 Companion Pets Moon Moon 90 Quest Moonfang's Pelt 1 Fist Weapon One Hand Moonfang's Paw 1 Consumable Moonfang Shroud 20 Consumable Shimmering Moonstone 1 Consumable Moonfang's Paw
New Music and Audio
The patch has lots of new music and audio; even Gamon has some lines!
The developers were interviewed by many different sites over the past few weeks, giving us some interesting information. Here is a very short recap of the recaps:
- As long as Proving Grounds works out well, it could be used as a lower level training environment in the future.
- Proving Grounds could even be used to replace item level as the gating requirement for Raid Finder or other things that use matchmaking.
- Every spec in the game can get Gold in Proving Grounds for the appropriate role. Not every spec will be able to get deep into Endless. When comparing performance in Endless mode, it may be best to compare yourself to other players of the same class and spec rather than everyone.
Siege of Orgimmar
- The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.
- The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random
- The Kor'kron Dark Shaman cosmetic armor will drop off of mobs in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar. The armor already existed for NPCs, so adding it is a cool bonus for Shaman. We may see more in the future if a similar situation arises
- There might be some changes made to Orgrimmar in a future patch, but there won't be any dramatic changes right away.
- The Horde version of the cinematic after Garrosh will show the process of the Warchief selection. The Alliance version will be slightly different.
- Connected Realms will roll out fairly quickly after Patch 5.4 is released, similar to the release timeline of Cross-Realm Zones.
- The population targets for Connected Realms are between an average and full realm, providing enough players that you can do PuG Flex mode raids from trade chat or see a real population in the capital city, but not so many people that you have a login queue.
- Normal difficulty raids and scenarios are good candidates for applying the Flex tech to in the future, but Normal raids are tuned tighter than Flex, so this isn't a promise at all.
- There will be some kind of content and event between now and the next expansion, but the patch number isn't determined yet.
- An item level squish is likely for the next expansion and is already being tested internally.
- The team size has increased 40% and another 40% increase is planned, which will hopefully allow for a new content patch every month, a new raid tier every three to five months, and an annual expansion.
- The technology for scaling up old content is mostly in place now, but the devs haven't come up with a good rewards scheme for scaled up old dungeons and raids yet. Today, players can go back and solo old content for transmog gear, but if they were going to go back and do it in an appropriately sized group, they would expect something useful other than transmog gear.
- The character models are roughly 20 or 25% done. It is unlikely that all of the new models will be released at once. The ones that are done will be released and then more will be added throughout the patch cycle.
- The new Garrosh model has a lot of bones and facial animation that could be similar to what we see in new character models. Garrosh also provides a nice test case to see if players want their character to look like that.
Battle.Net Desktop Client
If you are just coming back, you may have missed the new Battle.Net Desktop client. It is a launcher for WoW, SC2, D3, and Hearthstone that allows you to skip typing your username and password every time you play. You can find out more in our original preview or download it below.
Class Forum Guides
Several of the class forum guides are already updated for 5.4! If you don't see your class or spec represented, feel free to contribute your own guide or assist in updating an existing one.
IcyVeins is in the process of updating their Siege of Orgrimmar encounter guides, but it is never too early to start reading up on the new bosses.
OpenRaid is ready to go for creating your Patch 5.4 raids, with several runs already listed. If you want to try Throne of Thunder or Flex difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar with people from other realms, now is your chance!
AskMrRobot is still in the process of updating for Patch 5.4, but in the mean time they have a helpful blog post!
WoWDB Addon Data Collection
Quickly populating the database with 5.4 additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurately and quickly we can update the database with things like NPC locations and drop rates.
To help out, just click here if you have Curse Client already installed.
When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse Client will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon. You can see the last time data was uploaded by looking in the Plugins tab of the options, as well as making sure the addon is enabled there. If you don't normally leave it open, be sure you open Curse Client once in a while so that the data will upload!