The director in you, Expansion 5 Trailer!

Hi guys

Just posted a vague trailer script idea in another thread.
    Thought it would be fun to see other people's expansion trailer ideas/scripts.

So, get creative and write down your own expansion trailer bellow

If you're not the creative person, you can write down what you definately want to see included!

Upon the release of patch 6.0, all players are instantly cast with a debuff, causing them to return to level 1, and all content returns to patch 1.1.

Want to see, Illidan, Demon hunter training grounds, Sargeras voice talking about impending doom or some shit, Illidan flying, More demon hunter shit, a giant legion army. Illidan. I think you get the picture. Yes, I want a legion expansion .
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    Upon the release of patch 6.0, all players are instantly cast with a debuff, causing them to return to level 1, and all content returns to patch 1.1.
    Seems pretty long to include in the expansion trailer but would certainly cause a lot of reaction
    Wouldn't go by unnoticed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Want to see, Illidan, Demon hunter training grounds, Sargeras voice talking about impending doom or some shit, Illidan flying, More demon hunter shit, a giant legion army. Illidan. I think you get the picture. Yes, I want a legion expansion .
    What about a legion expansion without Illidan?
    Also: new model Illidan or old model?
    Good, evil or anti-hero Illidan?
    Last edited by 3vyan; 2013-09-09 at 04:46 PM.

Ok ok, I'll play along for real, and I'll even go as far as to use the "dark below".

Pre-intro. While we have not yet seen the scenematic for after garosh's kill, we are to assume that for some reason or another, Variann allows for the horde to survive, and institutes a new warchief.

Intro: We see the alliance returning to the eastern kingdoms, and as they are sailing across the ocean, Oceans begin to rise from the depths as the sea's themselves begin to turn into whirlpools, drawing all the ships beneath the surface, deep to the ocean bottom, and into a labyrinth of tunnels. After darkness takes over, we hear sloshes. The ships have somehow washed up a shoreline.

A lantern is lit, only to see before them an immense black forest, covered in webbing. As they traverse between the tree's, they begin to hear what sounds like a war being waged. As they travel further the climb over a precipise to see a Nurubian army in war with Naga, fighting for claim over a vast city.

A deep and booming voice is heard, saying "there are now others". The nurubian spiders and the naga forces stop their fighting briefly, look upon the hill, and begin to charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Seems pretty long to include in the expansion trailer but would certainly cause a lot of reaction

- - - Updated - - -

I think Illidan would play more into a south seas/azshara expansion than it would a burning legion one. It was illidan who revived the naga queen, and it would be her duty to return the favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick cut scene with narration (by next Warchief) of Garroshs head being cut off explaining that is been 5 years since the fall of the Warchief ending with "5 years of struggle and rebuilding of the horde; the alliance taking advantage and claiming old lands back..." cut to some random ship (horde or alliance) on the seas then suddenly you hear a fire of a cannon some crew man spots the flags of the Defias Brotherhood on starboard side, quick fight scene they are over run. quick victory for the Defias then suddenly narration of Azshara, "We've been watching waiting for the return blah blah" with a sudden attack from naga and appearance of Azshara. Kind of Illidan esq scene from TBC trailer.

I think that would be cool, if we are going with the whole Azshara expansion idea.

Deleted
    I'd love to have a xpack around the return of the burning legion. With the new class being demon hunter - hero class starting at around lvl 65 or something. The rest to be honest could be nearly anything, evil pandas, demon lords and stuff.

The trailer would be epic, and have illidan in it voiced by Liam O'brien, Maiev and Kil'jaeden.

*WoW patch 5.5 logo slowly fades to a black screen*

*black slowly fades and you can just faintly make out the figure of the character on screen, who whispers the words "Tempest Keep was merely a setback."*

*fades back to black screen with manic laughter playing in the background*
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-09-09 at 05:13 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    BURNING LEGION TRAILER

00:05 All you see is bright green fire.
    ILLIDAN: They've been waiting.

00:10 The camera slowly zooms out from the fire, revealing that the fire is an object of sorts.
    ILLIDAN: All our victories. All our defeats. What are they, but illusory - shadows dancing the walls by the fire.

00:15 Eventually, you notice how the object appears to be moving really quickly in one direction. It looks like a comet.
    ILLIDAN: I knew. I wanted to raise the resistance. To prepare ourselves. But you knew only petty strife. You knew only to judge me.

00:20 The camera pans to the direction the comet is headed, revealing Azeroth in the distance - its four main continents clearly distinguishable. From all directions, green fire is raining down at it.
    ILLIDAN: Now it's too late.

00:25 There are no sounds, and no music. The scene is very eerie.

00:30 FADE OUT.

00:35 FADE IN. Northern Kalimdor, the Exodar. Music is fairly tranquil, and we see Velen pacing about in his chambers. He closes his eyes in acceptance. The walls start burning.

00:50 Camera follows an infernal 'comet' above Orgrimmar, as it crashes into its walls. Cries of panic.

00:55 Teldrassil, all is chaos. Malfurion takes a quick, stunned look at the sky before running with everyone else through the woods. He casts a protective ward above a group of night elves, shielding them from the fire. Infernals rain everywhere.

01:10 Quick shots of different places around Azeroth: gnomes running in terror, worgen being set ablaze, dark skies above Mulgore.

01:15 Quick shots of entire villages collapsing: towers falling to crumbling noises, walls exploding from collisions with infernals.

01:25 Quick shots of Infernals rising from the ground where they crashed. Great armies of towering giants forming and charging across fields in Westfall.

01:30 Monks meditate in a temple on Pandaria, and suddenly an Infernal crashes through the roof of the temple, setting everything ablaze.

01:35 Quick shots of different locations in the Eastern Kingdoms: Karazhan against the full moon, green fire racing across the skies everywhere in a slow and ominous way; armies of the Burning Legion flooding through portals in Quel'Thalas; the Undercity upper structures razed to the ground.

01:50 Forests burning, lakes covered in toxic fumes, and rivers of fire. It looks like the end. Civilization in ruins. No resistance. FADE OUT.

02:00 FADE IN. Dun Morogh. We see an old man with a great grey beard walk around in the snow. He suddenly stops, and looks determined.

02:05 The old man draws symbols on the ground, similar to the circles of power you saw in Warcraft 2. He then gets up, and begins waving his staff and speaking incantations.

02:10 A slit of energy appears mid-air. It expands, and forms a portal. The old man, who is Khadgar, backs off.

02:15 The portal glows. Suddenly, there is a high elf peeping through it. It is Alleria Windrunner, scouting ahead. She analyses the situation, looks back through the portal and nods.

02:20 Then, dozens of portals begin opening up around the first one. You see men and women step through it; armoured to their teeth. Epic orchestral music begins playing, as hundreds upon hundreds of troops go through the portals. Humans, dwarves, elves, Draenei, and even the odd brown Orc.

02:35 Lastly, a man with a grey beard, clothed in steel, and a torn blue banner with a golden lion on it in his hand steps through the portal. Turalyon, the Lion's Heir.

02:45 The camera zooms out while the orchestral music is playing. Through the cold snowfall of Dun Morogh, until the ground is far below. Everywhere, you see green fire, chaos, and destruction. But in the middle, where the camera just zoomed out from, we see a glowing bright army take form.

02:50 The camera zooms out until we see all of Azeroth and the infernals raining down upon it. The logotype for the expansion shows, with Azeroth in its midst. FADE OUT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    BURNING LEGION TRAILER

00:10 The camera slowly zooms out from the fire, revealing that the fire is an object of sorts.
    ILLIDAN: All our victories. All our defeats. What are they, but illusory - shadows dancing the walls by the fire.

00:15 Eventually, you notice how the object appears to be moving really quickly in one direction. It looks like a comet.
    ILLIDAN: I knew. I wanted to raise the resistance. To prepare ourselves. But you knew only petty strife. You knew only to judge me.

00:20 The camera pans to the direction the comet is headed, revealing Azeroth in the distance - its four main continents clearly distinguishable. From all directions, green fire is raining down at it.

00:35 FADE IN. Northern Kalimdor, the Exodar. Music is fairly tranquil, and we see Velen pacing about in his chambers. He closes his eyes in acceptance. The walls start burning.

00:50 Camera follows an infernal 'comet' above Orgrimmar, as it crashes into its walls. Cries of panic.

00:55 Teldrassil, all is chaos. Malfurion takes a quick, stunned look at the sky before running with everyone else through the woods. He casts a protective ward above a group of night elves, shielding them from the fire. Infernals rain everywhere.

01:10 Quick shots of different places around Azeroth: gnomes running in terror, worgen being set ablaze, dark skies above Mulgore.

01:15 Quick shots of entire villages collapsing: towers falling to crumbling noises, walls exploding from collisions with infernals.

01:25 Quick shots of Infernals rising from the ground where they crashed. Great armies of towering giants forming and charging across fields in Westfall.

01:30 Monks meditate in a temple on Pandaria, and suddenly an Infernal crashes through the roof of the temple, setting everything ablaze.

01:35 Quick shots of different locations in the Eastern Kingdoms: Karazhan against the full moon, green fire racing across the skies everywhere in a slow and ominous way; armies of the Burning Legion flooding through portals in Quel'Thalas; the Undercity upper structures razed to the ground.

01:50 Forests burning, lakes covered in toxic fumes, and rivers of fire. It looks like the end. Civilization in ruins. No resistance. FADE OUT.

02:00 FADE IN. Dun Morogh. We see an old man with a great grey beard walk around in the snow. He suddenly stops, and looks determined.

02:05 The old man draws symbols on the ground, similar to the circles of power you saw in Warcraft 2. He then gets up, and begins waving his staff and speaking incantations.

02:10 A slit of energy appears mid-air. It expands, and forms a portal. The old man, who is Khadgar, backs off.

02:15 The portal glows. Suddenly, there is a high elf peeping through it. It is Alleria Windrunner, scouting ahead. She analyses the situation, looks back through the portal and nods.

02:20 Then, dozens of portals begin opening up around the first one. You see men and women step through it; armoured to their teeth. Epic orchestral music begins playing, as hundreds upon hundreds of troops go through the portals. Humans, dwarves, elves, Draenei, and even the odd brown Orc.

02:35 Lastly, a man with a grey beard, clothed in steel, and a torn blue banner with a golden lion on it in his hand steps through the portal. Turalyon, the Lion's Heir.

02:45 The camera zooms out while the orchestral music is playing. Through the cold snowfall of Dun Morogh, until the ground is far below. Everywhere, you see green fire, chaos, and destruction. But in the middle, where the camera just zoomed out from, we see a glowing bright army take form.

02:50 The camera zooms out until we see all of Azeroth and the infernals raining down upon it. The logotype for the expansion shows, with Azeroth in its midst. FADE OUT.
    Sir, this got me all hypt up. blizzard give this man a job already !

BURNING LEGION TRAILER

Awesome work :O...

BURNING LEGION TRAILER

Either finish the cutscene off with Illidan narration, or change the entire narrator to Khadgar or something more relevant to your plot, he doesnt really fit in (as much as I love Illidan). Otherwise, good story

Camera fades in from black, to the sound of churning waters and a thunderstorm, before cutting to a massive, illustrious Elven City as a female voice speaks
    "Kalimdor..."

The camera pans along the City, eventually displaying the entire Kingdom, while the voice continues narrating
    "In the Time of the Ancients, my people ruled over this land, all united in one purpose. Serving their queen."

Scene of Night Elves cheering as Azshara addresses a crowd from a balcony. The camera goes up into the sky. As it gets to the sky, it is noticeably black.
    "It's unimaginable beauty and vastness was a testament to the paradise I intended on making it become."

A lighting strikes a large body of water, surrounded by robed mages uttering an incoherent chant
    "Under my watch, we achieved power that we only dared dream of. Power that was our destiny. That's when he spoke to me..."
    Pans to Azshara, who is sitting watching the Well. Zoom into a dark mass that appears over the Well, quickly growing, with a pair of green eyes looking out.

"With Lord Sargeras, we would sweep over this world like a tide, washing away all the filth from MY realm"
    Massive civil infighting between Night Elves, Highborne, Demons and other races.

"Alas, in the end, he was wrong. My people defeated, my kingdom in ruins, the traitors had left me to drown. But it wasn't death that I found in the waters."
    Azshara tries to bring order as everyone around her panics, as her temple begins to fall apart. She protects everyone with a bubble as a wave crashes in, but a her expression changes, and she releases the shield and sinks to the depths.

"The Old One had shown me what was to come. A future where all the lesser races are gone, and I stood alone on my throne, my people answering to my every whim."
    A now Naga Azshara opens her eyes, and swims throughout her now underwater kingdom. Faceless and other Old God minions are also alongside them. Azshara literally swims into the ground, and the screen quickly goes black as she finishes talking.

"But I have learned. Just as no one is worthy of my affection, no one is worthy of my power.
    The scene cuts to a Massive citadel, under the ocean but not under water. Here, Faceless and others are being used as slaves by Naga, who cheer in devotion as Azshara 'swims' past.

"The moment has come. The surface dwellers will soon meet the fate they have been so foolishly avoiding."
    Naga rise up and attack various coastal settlements alongside Azeroth, in numbers larger than ever seen before.

The camera goes back into the water, zooming into Azshara sitting on her throne smiling, with Neptulon's trident on her side.
    "And when the water recedes, this world be finally be worthy, of MY glory".

Cut to Logo, Let's say The Dark Below
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-09-09 at 06:02 PM.

Assuming "The Dark Below" is the name of the expansion:

I would start with a top down overview of a woman standing over a grave as it rains. As the trailer goes on she talks about how "they" were "wrong" among other things in a soft voice filled with regret. The camera slowly pans down to show it's not just one grave but a ton of them. It pans again to show a massive Burning Legion army coming her way eventually trampling over the graves but stop just short of the woman. The front line of the army to reveal <Insert Big Bad End Boss>. The thanks her for removing Azeroth's last line of defense and nothing can stop them now. He then kills the woman.

It flashes back to a trial setting with the same woman saying we have caused far more damage then we have prevented and for our crimes we should be banished from the land to the "Dark Below". We see and hear the verdict being read of "guilty". A spell is cast and we vanish. We follow the woman with a smug look on her face until a green meteor streaks across the sky. At this point the various montage of Blizzard saying all the cool stuff that will happen in the expansion plus various artwork similar to other expansion trailers.

Finally, the screen goes black and all the "guilty" people suddenly appear. A familiar voice sounds out "I told you weren't prepared" and the trailer ends with a shot of Illidian.

BURNING LEGION TRAILER

---
    You sir, gave me nerd chills. I would so resub for this.

Deleted
    Thanks guys.

I pretty much wrote my own fantasy. The middle is a bit rushed, but I'm sure you get the idea - fast scenes based on the old cinematics, showing the world and its people in the context of what's happening.

The beginning and end, though, I'm happy with!

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves! High Elves everywhere!

Everybody dancing and Alleria singing of course, until Queen Calia arrives with a Tinker gnome, a Demon Hunter dwarf and a Necromancer black and bold human and says:

- "Hey guys! I am already here! I've become a Dragonsworn!"

Everyone applauds, but suddenly comes Azshara and the Burning Legion.

Fade to black.

Dammit! I forgot to mention the furbolgs, the emerald dream, Rexxar, Rastakhan, the Old Kingdom, Kul Tiras, Danath, Koltira, Broxigar and much more ...

15+ Year Old Account
    *Worgen fighting scene*

.The worgen is busy fighting forsaken assassins indoors.

-The Camera is positioned behind the Worgen's head like a third person shooter.

0:01 The Worgen cocks his big rifle (a custom big rifle built only for a big humanoid) and shoots one of the forsaken, blasting the undead to pieces.

0.05 The Worgen turns to his left and sees one of the Forsaken leaping in the air to land a killing blow, the Worgen raises his gun and impales him on the gun's Bayonet.

0.07 The Worgen then aims for at the incoming forsaken attacker while the last one is still impaled on the gun, blowing them both up.

0.12 The Worgen hears a noise behind him and turns back, seeing a group of clustered forsaken behind him. without further thinking he tosses the gun to one of the forsaken, the undead catches the gun but is thrown back by the power of the impact and hits the wall behind him.

0.14 The gun shoots accidentally when the undead hits the wall, hitting the group of forsaken and decapitating them.

0.17 The Worgen quickly rushes to the lone forsaken, he grabs his gun from the stunned undead and kicks him into the wall which shatters the wall and sends the undead flying down from the building.

0.20 The Worgen looks at the city stretching below him through the giant hole. a burning city locked in a fight with the undead, he looks at the scene with disgust...and then...

0.25 The sky starts to turn burning red, The Worgen looks up and feels something strange in the air...after a brief suspense he notices a meteor falling down...and then another...and then more. before he knows it the burning sky is filled with meteors.

The Demons have arrived.

---

oh as for his gun, just imagine a Worgen holding a "fantasy themed" .905 JDJ rifle.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-09 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan fanboy for life. Old model, old style? Anit-hero is it called? No idea. NOSTALGIA FLOWS THROUGH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.