Thread: Class questions

Class questions

Hi guys,

I've recently decided to come back to WoW so I'm leveling a warrior as Protection for PvE. This is all I've done my WoW carrier (with WotLK being my highlight as a raider).
    However, in order to mix it up, I would like to have a second char for PvP as well. But the thing is that I really have /no/ experience with it; I was wondering if you guys can help me with a highlight of the different classes/specs and how they perform in 5.4. I've been trying to read about it but what information I saw presumes that I already know much about PvP and I'm not really getting it.

Stuff that I don't want to play so I'm not looking into information about them: Retribution Paladins, Rogues or healers in general. Skill cap is not an issue, since I'm a guy that likes to read about strategy and tactics and I'll probably invest time to learn my class/spec.

This is not a pick a class for me thread. I would like to pick on my own, it's just that I really don't know what to pick from.

not gonna pick ele shaman for you but you should pick ele shaman

/end thread

Can you tell me more about the things that distinguish elemental shamans over others?

Deleted
    I'd recommend ret paladin as a general easy choice.

I wouldn't advise you to pick elem shamans. Elem shaman can wreck face but only as long as no melee decides to sit on them, once that happens the shaman is the melee's bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by eisn View Post
    Hi guys,

I've recently decided to come back to WoW so I'm leveling a warrior as Protection for PvE. This is all I've done my WoW carrier (with WotLK being my highlight as a raider).
    However, in order to mix it up, I would like to have a second char for PvP as well. But the thing is that I really have /no/ experience with it; I was wondering if you guys can help me with a highlight of the different classes/specs and how they perform in 5.4. I've been trying to read about it but what information I saw presumes that I already know much about PvP and I'm not really getting it.

Stuff that I don't want to play so I'm not looking into information about them: Retribution Paladins, Rogues or healers in general. Skill cap is not an issue, since I'm a guy that likes to read about strategy and tactics and I'll probably invest time to learn my class/spec.

This is not a pick a class for me thread. I would like to pick on my own, it's just that I really don't know what to pick from.
    you say you like to read stuff. yet you didn't bother to look at all the spells they have? or even what role you want to play.

dk: spellcasting melee char.
    warrior: pure badass melee char.
    rogue: sneaky and picking on who and when to attack
    druid: mix of everything.
    hunter: pet ranged physical dmg
    lock: pet spellcaster
    mage pure ultra WTF BBQ burst
    monk: martial art master???
    priest: melting faces with dots and direct spellcasting.
    paladin: melee char that uses the power of light to kill

well that was about it. pick the class YOU like. and if you are not sure you could have used the ptr to test them all out. if your fast you might be rdy to test some.

Wow. What did I do to you?

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm curious to know about specific things that may highlight a class/spec in PvP (I've got plenty of experience in PvE).
    I'm not sure how an overview of what each class is really helpful to me, particularly when I've already mentioned that I /do/ have experience with WoW.