Thread: Ram VS GPU

Deleted

Ram VS GPU

First off, my pc speccs. I got a Radeon 4600 Series Graphic card and 2Gb DDR3 Ram. I know that isnt much.

Now, i've got about 80 euro's currently to spend, should i upgrade my Ram, for allround better performance, and maybe increase WoW Performance, or get a new Graphic Card?

If you are using Windows 7, add another 2GB, the responsiveness will increase by a lot.

80E cards arent worth it, following European prices the cheapest "half-decent" card which is 7750 is around 90E or so and its crap itself, yes its better than yours since its much newer technology but the fact that its crap remains.

Get 2GB of RAM extra, for now and save the rest money for something better, when you have enough money, look into 7770 at ~110E, then 650 Ti Boost at ~160E, depending what you can afford at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    May depend on CPU too, if running on a terrible processor may not be worth it to upgrade the GPU anyhow...
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    May depend on CPU too, if running on a terrible processor may not be worth it to upgrade the GPU anyhow...
    I have 2.9 Dualcore Processor, OC'd to 3.2 atm.

Also, when im in wow, my PC usually end up being slow when i go alt tab, or even in the game by silly little freezes. Will that decrease when i add more Ram, or is that a processor issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I have 2.9 Dualcore Processor, OC'd to 3.2 atm.

Also, when im in wow, my PC usually end up being slow when i go alt tab, or even in the game by silly little freezes. Will that decrease when i add more Ram, or is that a processor issue?

Plain and simple, you need more RAM if your are running Windows 7. Get that first then save up for a graphics card.

Also a bit more information on your computer would be nice. Download and install Speccy and let it run and on the main page it should give you most of the information we need(your processor, mobo, etc).

At the moment, a 2GB stick runs about £10, though finding one that matches your current might be a bit expensive and it may be cheaper to just grab two brand-new sticks or a single 4GB stick than trying to find a match.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Plain and simple, you need more RAM if your are running Windows 7. Get that first then save up for a graphics card.

Also a bit more information on your computer would be nice. Download and install Speccy and let it run and on the main page it should give you most of the information we need(your processor, mobo, etc).

At the moment, a 2GB stick runs about £10, though finding one that matches your current might be a bit expensive and it may be cheaper to just grab two brand-new sticks or a single 4GB stick than trying to find a match.
    I've got Windows XP, and use DDR3 1600Mhz Ram.

I've got Windows XP, and use DDR3 1600Mhz Ram.

Do you know what voltage it runs at? CAS? Timings? If my googling is correct, all RAM installed in a machine needs to be run at the same voltage, speed, and latency settings or bad things can happen.

A easier solution is to simply spend £20 on 4GB of RAM, such as this stick, and avoid any possible hardware conflicts/voltage issues.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Do you know what voltage it runs at? CAS? Timings? If my googling is correct, all RAM installed in a machine needs to be run at the same voltage, speed, and latency settings or bad things can happen.

A easier solution is to simply spend £20 on 4GB of RAM, such as this stick, and avoid any possible hardware conflicts/voltage issues.
    Do you know any good/cheap stores to ship to The Netherlands, and thereby use the euro for payments?

Do you know any good/cheap stores to ship to The Netherlands, and thereby use the euro for payments?

Amazon.co.uk is supposed to be able to ship to the Netherlands and the price would be about 23.81 euros before VAT+shipping, probably around 25-30 with. When you make the payment, it should be converted automatically when you submit your card and be charged the correct amount.

Deleted
    Amazon's only payment option for me is a Credit Card, which i don't have sadly :/

Amazon's only payment option for me is a Credit Card, which i don't have sadly :/
    What payment options DO you have? Without a credit/debit card, your pretty much screwed on online purchases. You might be able to purchase a pre-paid debit/credit card at a local store with cash and use that for the purchase, though Amazon might not accept it. Do you have any friends/family that has a card that would be willing to order it for you if you pay them?

Deleted
    I was hoping at some shop supporting Paypal

I was hoping at some shop supporting Paypal
    You can see if you can get a Paypal Debit Card on the Paypal website, though it might not be possible in your country. Otherwise, there are almost no places that take it.

Deleted
    Thats a damn shame :/ Going to a local store, it would cost me much more, i found out. Cheapest 4Gb Ram would come to like 50 euro

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new GPU would do a lot more than more RAM.

If anything though, RAM prices are beginning to go up after two factories blowing up, so I'd avoid buying RAM unless you HAVE TO right now.

I'd save up a bit more money though, OP, and upgrade that GPU. 4600 series is not only mid-range, it's mid-range from 4 series ago, about to be 5 series ago within a month or two...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A new GPU would do a lot more than more RAM.

If anything though, RAM prices are beginning to go up after two factories blowing up, so I'd avoid buying RAM unless you HAVE TO right now.

I'd save up a bit more money though, OP, and upgrade that GPU. 4600 series is not only mid-range, it's mid-range from 4 series ago, about to be 5 series ago within a month or two...
    I'd imagine with only 2GB ram he won't see any difference in graphics quality, unless he gets a graphics card with a large amount of GRAM, as those improved graphics will just eat all the remaining 2GB up.