Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sick that they neglect, neglect, neglect then ninja nerf us on the PTR a day before launch. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    It makes me sick that they neglect, neglect, neglect then ninja nerf us on the PTR a day before launch. Sickening.
    Huh? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I by myself could do a better job of balancing DPS between all classes than the entire blizz dev team though.
    Thanks for the giggle. Though I suspect in your world of perfect balance, warriors would for some odd reason be at the higher end.
    My Fix is better. we'll just item squish everything so that everyone does 10 dps. Should be pretty easy to get everyone with-in 1% of each other then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Huh? did i miss something?
    SS damage down to 50% with no documentation. SoO was nerfed also without documentation just 2 days ago. They give us no time to relearn/re-theory craft. No other class gets this type of neglect.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would take maybe 2 weeks max.

Then you include pvp. Now it is impossible.
    It was /sarcasm.

But seriously, just stop making PVP and PVE abilities interact. Boom done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It was /sarcasm.

But seriously, just stop making PVP and PVE abilities interact. Boom done.
    I've said this for years... why not have two entirely different skill sets for PVP and PVE. Alot of work, but problem solved. (do you really need 30 spells for PVP, no) I would even like to see PVP were everyone has same gear when you zone in.... then its a contest of skill not "who has the better gear".... give other rewards for pvp... mounts... crazy off the chain transmog gear, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Because you shouldn't make many changes at once. You tweak a bit and see how it goes. Players don't think about all of the variables and consequences of making even minor changes. They don't think of the long term either. These changes may put Fury where they want in relation to other classes AFTER other classes get some nerfs, or something like that. My point is it's not as easy as you think it is and there's a lot more involved than your average player takes into consideration when screaming for buffs.

There's always multiple ways to buff a class, some of them may not mesh well with certain elements of the game (like, PVP, if you buff the duration of a burst CD instead of buffing something more consistent like a DoT). So you try multiple changes until you find the best one that doesn't hurt any other part of the game.

Bottom line, there are reasons they are doing what they are doing. If you honestly think it's just to piss you off then you have mental problems.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I don't think anyone believes they made changes to piss us off, but after dozens of pages of threads calling for changes we finally get a response. First non pvp related warrior response I think this whole expansion.
    And it basically says "screw you we are good with it, you don't know what we are thinking and don't understand our intents, your math is wrong, ours is better."
    So we learn to live with it, get on the theorycrafting train, start publishing information. We waited to put up an
    arms guide specifically to see if anything changed.
    An 11th hour change, especially a rather significant one, is just plain frustrating. If we atleast got some sort of blue response: "we think arms clear may be just a little too high, and are contemplating nerfing sweeping strikes by 1/3."
    It is ultimately a small problem, as only a tiny portion of the player base actually gets involved, but I think it is an institutional problem.
    There are a scant few representatives that talk to the players and not much specific responsible areas between them, they simply comment where they see appropriate. I know having class specific reps carries it's own problems (imagine a ghostcrawler for every class!) but I still think it's worth while.
    If the devs want to use us as their testers I think it is only appropriate we have some sort of dialogue, someone we know will read and respond vs hoping/guessing a random rep who may or may not be familiar with our concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    SS damage down to 50% with no documentation. SoO was nerfed also without documentation just 2 days ago. They give us no time to relearn/re-theory craft. No other class gets this type of neglect.
    kind of BS

I thought they added proving grounds to fix it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I don't think anyone believes they made changes to piss us off, but after dozens of pages of threads calling for changes we finally get a response. First non pvp related warrior response I think this whole expansion.
    And it basically says "screw you we are good with it, you don't know what we are thinking and don't understand our intents, your math is wrong, ours is better."
    So we learn to live with it, get on the theorycrafting train, start publishing information. We waited to put up an
    arms guide specifically to see if anything changed.
    An 11th hour change, especially a rather significant one, is just plain frustrating. If we atleast got some sort of blue response: "we think arms clear may be just a little too high, and are contemplating nerfing sweeping strikes by 1/3."
    It is ultimately a small problem, as only a tiny portion of the player base actually gets involved, but I think it is an institutional problem.
    There are a scant few representatives that talk to the players and not much specific responsible areas between them, they simply comment where they see appropriate. I know having class specific reps carries it's own problems (imagine a ghostcrawler for every class!) but I still think it's worth while.
    If the devs want to use us as their testers I think it is only appropriate we have some sort of dialogue, someone we know will read and respond vs hoping/guessing a random rep who may or may not be familiar with our concerns.
    I could not have phrased this better. Sums up how I feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    yeah having alternate dances was a terrible idea >.> how dare someone want variety
    it is inconsequential to the gameplay and really not worth dev time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    I've said this for years... why not have two entirely different skill sets for PVP and PVE. Alot of work, but problem solved. (do you really need 30 spells for PVP, no) I would even like to see PVP were everyone has same gear when you zone in.... then its a contest of skill not "who has the better gear".... give other rewards for pvp... mounts... crazy off the chain transmog gear, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
    Because the general playerbase is too retarded to manage using one skillset properly.
    Imagine if they had to memorize what their pvp skills would do.

Deleted
    Confirmed Mortal strike is still 175% weapon damage and sweeping strikes is 75% on US live realms.

Confirmed by Slootbag stream.

Can anyone confirm this for certain? Is it really a Nerf or simply it was a tooltip error or something?

Deleted
    Considering resilience has been buffed as well as the attacks of most classes, it would be silly for warriors to stay the same also considering they aren't exactly wrecking pvp right now like other classes *cough*huntards*cough*warlocks*cough*.

That would take maybe 2 weeks max.

Then you include pvp. Now it is impossible.
    Which is why PvP should be dropped like a bad habit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Because the general playerbase is too retarded to manage using one skillset properly.
    Imagine if they had to memorize what their pvp skills would do.
    If they can't understand the game as it is now, they wouldn't notice the difference if the game gets a little more difficult. The skills doesn't need to be different, only have a % penalty on PVP (CS is working that way for some time now).

If the developers keep the trend of making the game easier for the people who doesn't want to learn how to play it, in a few patches every class will be left with two abilities: "Punch face" and "Heal punched face".

Alright I logged on PTR to check it out myself.

On EU PTR at this very moment, MS still hits for 215% Weapon damage with the improved modifier and Sweeping Strikes hits for 50%. I actually dummy tested it, to make sure, and indeed the SS hits off the main attack are at 50%.

So yeah, that's that.

Also according to the US, 5.4 Patch notes the Deep Wounds buff has been upped to 65%.

Deep Wounds damage has been increased by 65%.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-of-orgrimmar/
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-09-10 at 07:24 PM.