Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Items that may increase in value in 5.4?

So this is a speculation thread.....what if any mats, items and crafted items may go up in value when patch 5.4 hits this week?

My bet is on the jewel danio fish the ones needed for the pandarian banquets and the +300 spirit food (as well as bundles of grocerys for the cooking skillups) yes I know they are not being removed when voeb is destroyed they are being moved, but they are being moved to the timeless isle where I predict for at least a couple of weeks after patch it will be pretty hard to find a quiet fishing spot where you wont get attacked (on a pvp server at least) due to the massive numbers of players incoming to check out the isle(can you imagine being left alone for very long to fish on isle of thunder in the week after 5.3 hit?)

This may result in a decrease of the number of these going to the auction house and an increase in price.

Any predictions from anyone else?

Anything that will make a players piece of gear better, Gems, Enchants, Sha Crystals. Because people are going to be getting new gear that they want to gem/enchant

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Deleted
    ^. Focus on that and you will make a ton of money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    Anything that will make a players piece of gear better, Gems, Enchants, Sha Crystals. Because people are going to be getting new gear that they want to gem/enchant
    Finally a reason to bring my 90 shammy(the one with 600 jc) out of retirement........if only to be a cash cow for my played characters haha

I'd note that currently the new cloth and leather daily craft is BoE. In this patch Blizzard took a radically different stance on how to bypass that daily lockout, though: instead of a spirit of harmony, each time it requires an item equivalent to haunting/blood spirits but from SoO. Otherwise it takes almost a full month of crafting to make a single piece of gear that will be below heroic gear.

That means people will pay huge money to get them right off the bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunted Memento.
    It's been rising since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Haunted Memento.
    It's been rising since WotLK.
    Still not enough to sell mine
    Nixs

Deleted
    Darkmoon Zeppelins, when people realise they're probably the best pets to take down the Celestial pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    Still not enough to sell mine
    Damn well said, mon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Magnificent Leather (and exotic leather as an extension of that).
    The LW daily craft requires two Maginificent Leather to make and you can only make one cheap one per day. LW Leg Armors should also rise proportionally more than other leg armors because of this.

This is probably the big one. At least I hope it is because I stocked up majorly on leather related materials!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Magnificent Leather (and exotic leather as an extension of that).
    The LW daily craft requires two Maginificent Leather to make and you can only make one cheap one per day. LW Leg Armors should also rise proportionally more than other leg armors because of this.

This is probably the big one. At least I hope it is because I stocked up majorly on leather related materials!
    Farmed about 20 stacks of leather today to get me started
    Nixs

15+ Year Old Account
    Living Steel.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Living Steel is where it's at. Loads of daily Living Steel crafters will use theirs for mounts instead. Expect the price to rise by at least 20% and likely 30% or more.

I got 135 now and counting. All of them will be used for mounts that will sell really well.

You silly people who think Living Steel will drastically rise. All of the engineering items made with Living Steel require a BOP daily crafted item. So the first time you'll need ANY Living Steel on an eng is day 15. And guess what, you can make your own Living Steel in those 15 days(if you have an alch, which you probably do if you're stockpiling LS). As well, the price will drop in those 15 days.

So really, stop assuming the pets and mount will be catalysts for a dramatic rise in LS.

Yeah, I don´t think living steel will be in that much of a demand. The belt buckles will be early, but the mounts and pets are 15 an 30 days away.... and basically a 1 to 1 cd with living steel. I would say leather, but you have to remember that with every increase in ilvl we get, farming leather gets way faster... if you are sporting ilvl 550, those turtles with 312k hps are going to fall over when you breath, not to mention that most of the stuff we will be killing on Timeless island is skinnable ( unlike 5.3 and 5.2 content). A ton of players are going to be killing those turtles and snakes on Timeless island for coins.

Actually I have one that isn´t mentioned often. The Living Fluid pet.... it drops off of Primordius on LFR only. There will be substantially less people doing ToT LFR.. But that is a 5k gamble

The problem with gems, enchants and all that jazz is everyone knows about.. there are just too many people, and it was too easy to stockpile stuff wiating for this patch.

Another one I might mention.. ´5 primal metagems´. don´t cut them, put them on the AH in a group of 5. A lot of people will naturally need them to replace their upgrades. But also tanks ( druids and monks especially) were mostly using the dps gem in their helms, which were drastically nerfed for tanks... so I have a hunch a lot of guilds tanks will be switching their legendary gem on day 1, and then again when they get their helm upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Living Steel is where it's at. Loads of daily Living Steel crafters will use theirs for mounts instead. Expect the price to rise by at least 20% and likely 30% or more.

I got 135 now and counting. All of them will be used for mounts that will sell really well.
    but another thing that you failed to notice is that the new blacksmithing plans do not require living steel at all. This on top of the fact that the engineering stuff is gated and limited by the new engineering CD.

All I know is that the crafted 476 and 496 items that earned me hundreds of thousands of gold will no longer be profitable with the new timeless gear for alts. That means that Blood spirits and Motes of harmony will become totally useless.

Living steel imo

Badass mount that costs 30 of these things plus 2 new cool pets like pierre

Also Buckles will be in big demand with all the new gear coming

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Living steel imo

Badass mount that costs 30 of these things plus 2 new cool pets like pierre

Also Buckles will be in big demand with all the new gear coming
    Think about it.. really.. Engineers can make 1 thingie every day. The pets take 15 thingies each, the mount takes 30. No engineer will need ANY living steel until day 15 at the earliest. And he will need 15 living steel exactly. Guess what? My alchemist, in those 15 days, will probably make about 18 living steel. Even if I have no living steel right now, by the time my engineer needs it ( in a month).. my alchemist will have created more than my engineeer needs ( because of transmute speciality). No matter how you look at it, the amount of LS being produced every day is going to be equal to or greater than the amount engineers could ever possibly be used just because of transmute procs.. but that also overlooks the obvious fact that there are way more alchemists than engineers and people have been saving LS before the patch.

Belt buckles, yes, but that is the same as every patch.. and then you have to remember that blacksmithing does not need living steel this patch. The items BSs make (555 gear) uses trillium.

On day 1, the only thing LS will be used for is belt buckles.

I have a bag full of Trillium Bars at the minute.

Already have seen a price increase the 2 days before patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Think about it.. really.. Engineers can make 1 thingie every day. The pets take 15 thingies each, the mount takes 30. No engineer will need ANY living steel until day 15 at the earliest. And he will need 15 living steel exactly. Guess what? My alchemist, in those 15 days, will probably make about 18 living steel. Even if I have no living steel right now, by the time my engineer needs it ( in a month).. my alchemist will have created more than my engineeer needs ( because of transmute speciality). No matter how you look at it, the amount of LS being produced every day is going to be equal to or greater than the amount engineers could ever possibly be used just because of transmute procs.. but that also overlooks the obvious fact that there are way more alchemists than engineers and people have been saving LS before the patch.

Belt buckles, yes, but that is the same as every patch.. and then you have to remember that blacksmithing does not need living steel this patch. The items BSs make (555 gear) uses trillium.

On day 1, the only thing LS will be used for is belt buckles.
    Most people dont read blue posts so when they see these golems hit the market they will ask themselves holy shit how do i get those and then proceed to buy up as much living steel as possible.

and dont forget about the pets too.

There is gonna be a huge run on living steel but like everything else it will fall off later but i expect to make a killing on living steel.

On my server there is hardly ever any living steel in the ah cause people dont do the CD anymore but when these hits every alchemist is gonna charge a arm and a leg for there transmutes