Thread: Gaming Mouse

10+ Year Old Account

Gaming Mouse

I currently have a pair of Logitech M705 mice. I like them, I really do, but it seems I destroy the copper plate like I only played the manual version of Cookie Clicker. I've repaired the copper plate on both mice twice now, and both have finally, physically snapped, so there's little choice but to buy a new mouse.

I don't mind getting another M705, but I expect in 6-8 months it will fail again (Logitech replaced the last one before I ended up finding out it could be repaired)

I've really been eyeing the Mionix Naos 3200 due to the ergonomics. I -really- like the ring and pinky finger grooves, however I have no experience with Mionix products at all. I tried it at Frys and enjoyed it, but they don't have them there anymore for some reason.

Basically, I'm looking for something in the $40-$60 range, with some (but not like... 4,000. I'm looking at you, Naga.) thumb buttons. Ergonomics is very important. I'd prefer wireless, but it's not mandatory. I'd like to avoid Razer products, because Razer products are made by Razer, and have Razer quality.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

There is such a huge misconception about Razer products. Razer is made with the same types of materials as any other brand. You just said yourself that you've had 2 Logitech mice fail already, and don't want to buy another one for fear that the same thing will happen. Maybe it's just me, but Logitech usually has fantastic reviews about their qualty and performance, yet you're having bad luck. Razer is kinda the same way. A few people have had bad experiences with their Razer product, then go on an all out Razer bashing bonanza, taking every possible opportunity to trash their name.

Mer personally, I have had the same Razer Naga mouse for over 3 years, and have had zero issues with it. I also recently (read: 1 yr) bought the wireless Naga for my living room computer, and have had amazing performance with that as well.

At the end of the day, I still wouldn't recommend a Razer mouse to you because you really don't need the features they offer in the extra mouse buttons, and the increased cost wouldn't be worth it for your needs. That being said, this whole post was pretty much a waste because I don't have any to offer you. I've been using my Razor forever =).

Edit: Just remembered by gf has a wireless Logitech and loves it... I think it's this one:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4874&CatId=143
    Last edited by lordsphinx; 2013-09-09 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    You just said yourself that you've had 2 Logitech mice fail already, and don't want to buy another one for fear that the same thing will happen.
    Don't get me wrong. I love logitech, and I may well just buy another M705. I'm just willing to branch out for once since I've always stuck with Logitech, and always been happy with their products. The issue isn't the copper plate. -All- mice do that. It's just the reason for getting a new mouse. I probably have had it longer, honestly, but my concern isn't the problem my mouse has.

I've just heard far, far too many complaints about Razer quality control and stuff failing multiple times within warranty. Sure, some work great. But unless something was truly compelling, I want to avoid Razer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I would look into the other Logitech I linked. It's a little higher than your budget, but by the reviews it looks like a pretty solid wireless mouse.

I have the 3200 and I've enjoyed it. After 2 years of heavy use the coating was starting to rub off around the pinky groove so I just bought another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the G600.... if it didn't have 20 odd buttons on the thumb spot. I'd consider the G602 if I could find one to try first. Maybe even the G300, but it looks ambidextrous, which... might be weird for feel.

Yeah.. The G700/S is a bit higher than my budget, mainly because I'd likely get two. Or I may just stick with the one I have at work and deal with it for now. I'll check all these out at Fry's to see whats doing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I love logitech, and I may well just buy another M705. I'm just willing to branch out for once since I've always stuck with Logitech, and always been happy with their products. The issue isn't the copper plate. -All- mice do that. It's just the reason for getting a new mouse. I probably have had it longer, honestly, but my concern isn't the problem my mouse has.

I've just heard far, far too many complaints about Razer quality control and stuff failing multiple times within warranty. Sure, some work great. But unless something was truly compelling, I want to avoid Razer.
    Ever looked at the G700? Never owned one myself, but got to mess around with one in a local shop and my god it felt so good compared to my cheap-ass mouse($13 gearhead 5-button I got from Walmart). Too bad I didn't have $100 on me to buy it >_>. It's only $80 online, so that makes it slightly less painful.

I also hear the Vengeance is pretty good(alebit has quite a few buttons and costs $80 also) as is the G500, although they are wired.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    There is such a huge misconception about Razer products. Razer is made with the same types of materials as any other brand.
    There is no misconception, Razer product are generally (not always) lower quality and there are MANY reports of this. They may use same materials but their quality control is obviously lacking. My Corsair M90 chassis is aluminium, not something I've seen on Razer mice. Not that it automatically makes it better, just making a comment about them using same materials.

Either way I don't think debating Razer as a brand was the intend of this topic. Also I'm a huge fan of assessing each specific unit/model instead of excluding any brand just because of their name.

@Chazus

There is a Corsair M95 but it's the white version for $65 at NCIX, I know it has extra buttons like the Naga but the thumb rest is off the buttons so they're not an annoyences even if you don't use them.

Haven't dealt with Mionix personally but I've heard good things about their Naos and see it recommended a lot.

Take a look at this as well:

COOLER MASTER CM Storm Havoc $45 || Review

SteelSeries Sensei RAW $56 || Review

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to see how they feel. I personally believe a mouse is 90% ergo and 10% functionality. If it doesn't feel right and good, it doesn't matter the buttons on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'll have to see how they feel. I personally believe a mouse is 90% ergo and 10% functionality. If it doesn't feel right and good, it doesn't matter the buttons on it.

Also kinda depends on how you like to grip the mouse. I'm a claw-man myself and I simply cannot stand palm-mice. They just feel......odd and I spend more time re-positioning my hand than anything.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

if you want to pay a bit less. find the model you want and use ebay or other sites.
    unfortunately i can't recommend anything as before the razer i had a 10 buck mouse with its only feature a blue lit mouse wheel. i must admit it lasted five years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I caved and picked up the Mionix 3200 on the way home. It was only $10 more than online, so, eh.

Result: Nnnngghhh feels soo good. >.<

The extra finger support is really nice, and while I lament a little the ring finger button of the G600, which was rather nice, I can deal with it.

Deleted
    Thanks for that Guide chazus.
    I have an MX1000 which is having horrible right button problem. Never thought about opening the actual switch >.<

I love love loved my R.A.T. 5 mouse....for the two months it worked. They look like the fckin' batmobile (I liked that asthetic) and I thought they were really comfortable, but it's incredibly well documented that the laser just fails in short order sadly, and the mouse is tits up after that. Stay away

I purchased a Logitech G700S about 3 weeks ago after my old mouse of 2 years became battered on the bottom. After 3 weeks of use, the new G700S still does not feel comfortable. It seems bulky and the wheel seems to spin too easily causing zoom-in-out hard to control. I knew after using the same mouse for 2 years, it would take some time to get that comfortable feel again for a new one. However, since I game everyday, I thought it would feel more natural by now. Has anyone else used a Logitech G700S? If so, what are your feelings about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The G700S was going to be possibly my next pick, save for it's pricetag. It also has the right side hand support I was looking for. I just looked, and the G700S has the 'hyper wheel' thing that allows free spinning of the scroll wheel, as opposed to 'click' scrolling. You should be able to turn that off, however it definitely is a 'lighter' rolling click. I've got both mice here (M705 and Mioniox) and the Mionix has a definitely 'click' with each roll.

I might do a review of it so people have a better idea for later purchase thoughts. I wish I had the money to review more of these stuff but dang mice are expensive $_$