Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Did you take a close look at Monk animations by any chance ? They are a pure ripoff of Street Fighter moves

Stance = Yun or Yang's idle stance

Breath of Fire = Dhalsim's super

Spinning Crane Kick = Ryu / Ken / Akuma / Gouken's Tatskumaki Senpukyaku ( aka Hurricane kick )

Rising Sun Kick = Guile's Flash Kick

Spinning Fire Blossom = EX Hadoken / Red Fireball

Chi Torpedo = M.Bison's Psycho Crusher

And probably others also.
    I like to believe Chi Burst is the true Hadoken.

Now I want Garrosh to say GET OVER HERE

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They are based on real world martial arts.

Street Fighter did not invent any of those.
    Really ?

You see people throwing hadokens ,going into torpedo mode and flying around or flying around with the hurricane move in any real combat style ?

Yes they are ripoffs of SF moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggoo View Post
    I like to believe Chi Burst is the true Hadoken.
    There's little doubt that it's anything but Hadouken, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Really ?

You see people throwing hadokens ,going into torpedo mode and flying around or flying around with the hurricane move in any real combat style ?
    No I don't, nor did I say people do that in real life. But the motions that the Warcraft monks and Street Fighter characters do whilst performing those feats are based on real martial arts.

Go watch some fucking kung fu movies.

No I don't, nor did I say people do that in real life. But the motions that the Warcraft monks and Street Fighter characters do whilst performing those feats are based on real martial arts.

You are aware that you're quote mining, right? You took the first sentence then ignored the entire rest of his post listing out the meaning of the first sentence.

Yes, most of the animations are taken from video game martial arts. The basic autoattack animation, isn't. You're right on a single point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You are aware that you're quote mining, right? You took the first sentence then ignored the entire rest of his post listing out the meaning of the first sentence.

Yes, most of the animations are taken from video game martial arts. The basic autoattack animation, isn't. You're right on a single point.
    You are aware that that has absolutely no effect on my point, right? None of the moves he listed originate from Street Fighter. They can all be traced back to older martial arts film or theater.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-09-09 at 11:07 PM.

You are aware that that has absolutely no effect on my point, right? None of the moves he listed originate from Street Fighter. They can all be traced back to older martial arts film or theater.
    Prove me wrong.

I would like to see a scene from a movie older then the Street Fighter series that has those moves.

M. Bison's Psycho crusher for example.

Until then, what i said remains fact. Hell there is even a panda female by the name of Lun Chi giving daily quests....hint hint ? Lun Chi ?

Chun Li from street fighter >.>

Thumbs down

You do realize Kung Fu movies are not real martial arts right? It's choreographed theatrical combat dance.

Don't gimmie that look. You're the one that said "Real Martial Arts" and you're wrong. There is also two kinds of martial arts. Deadly and Demonstrative.

Bruce Lee even admitted to wanting to kick like Chuck Norris, that is high kicks that hit the face, even tho it was not realistically combat viable but still wanted to because "it looked good on film" in his movies. Bruce Lee in real life, instructed his students in JKD (Jeet Kune Do), to kick no higher than the waist. The primary targets being shins, knees, thighs, and midsection - like in wing chun. That is because these targets are in easy range and allow for quicker striking speed (motif of JKD), and allows for the preservation of stability in order to maintain a defense.

You go throwing around roundhouse kicks like Chuck, you end up lowering your defense and opening yourself up to attack. But yeah, Bruce did them in his later movies all the time, because they looked badass when he did.

That's not real. That's fake.