Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Way to judge before having proof. You are rather irresponsible.
    Keeping him is irresponsible. He admitted to it. Better to get him out of there before he does more harm.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    kick them both,
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  3. #23
    Based on info you provided, looks like it was well established that <2> is a vile retard even before <1> complained about him. If that is the case indeed , then the real question isn't whether you should kick him or not, but what kept you from doing so till now. Anyway, I think you are taking this too seriously.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Vattenmelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Based on info you provided, looks like it was well established that <2> is a vile retard even before <1> complained about him. If that is the case indeed , then the real question isn't whether you should kick him or not, but what kept you from doing so till now. Anyway, I think you are taking this too seriously.
    Probably as you say, may that I am biased or whatever it's called, because 2 is very friendly to me (though annoying), I've personally never seen him say any bad thing, but people keep telling me that he is a douchebag, and since several people is complaining I should probably kick him then.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    Probably as you say, may that I am biased or whatever it's called, because 2 is very friendly to me (though annoying), I've personally never seen him say any bad thing, but people keep telling me that he is a douchebag, and since several people is complaining I should probably kick him then.
    You seem very easily swayed. You might need to step up your game as an officer if you can go from keeping him to kicking him in a matter of five or six posts. You're supposed to be a leader and you're letting your personal feelings get in the way of kicking someone who has admitted using racist language while threatening a guild member.

    Honestly, you might be too passive to be an officer. Maybe you should pass this on to the higher ups in your guild. No offense meant, but this shouldn't be that difficult. You have a guild member saying someone threatened him. The other person admits it but says it was a joke. You're still thinking about it.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Snaige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1,210
    I am a gm of a social guild with 900+ people and if someone complains about someone, I kick without questions. Even if the person being kicked didn't do anything thaaaaaaat bad, they are already causing trouble. In a social guild I prefer to have no trouble. If someone has a problem with that, a kick for them as well.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Your a pretty shitty officer

    10charssss

    Infracted: Minor Spam [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-09 at 09:46 PM.

  8. #28
    If someone is threatening someone else using in-game chat, report it to Blizzard. This is utterly unacceptable and not something they can ignore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  9. #29
    Expel number two whenever you can. You'll feel relieved in the long run.

  10. #30
    Dreadlord Amerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    810
    This is guild drama at it's finest.

    Seems like #2 doesn't know how to joke in the correct way maybe? Because you did say he is sorta slow? Try and get them both on skype or a separate vent channel and have them talk it out and both of them can explain their sides of the stories.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This is guild drama at it's finest.

    Seems like #2 doesn't know how to joke in the correct way maybe? Because you did say he is sorta slow? Try and get them both on skype or a separate vent channel and have them talk it out and both of them can explain their sides of the stories.
    Good plan. Share your skype name with someone who allegedly threatened your family and you.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Vattenmelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    365
    Well thanks for all the answers, I normally see everything in a objective way, though this time I messed up. At the moment I am the only active officer, otherwise I always try to discuss things like these with the other officers. It's also hard to describe exactly what happened. I should do my best to become a better officer.

  13. #33
    Dreadlord Amerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuckatpvp View Post
    Good plan. Share your skype name with someone who allegedly threatened your family and you.
    Create a new skype? Or do my second suggestion, Ventrilo.

  14. #34
    If the guy doesn't fit well with the guild then kick him. If you're kicking him because he has bad language skills and someone said he threatened them(which you have no proof of) then look in the mirror. Your language skills are pretty terrible as well.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Create a new skype? Or do my second suggestion, Ventrilo.
    If someone threatened me to the point where I actually felt in danger, the last thing I want to do is hear their side of things. Nor would I want them to have any possible way to get in touch with me. Zero.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the guy doesn't fit well with the guild then kick him. If you're kicking him because he has bad language skills and someone said he threatened them(which you have no proof of) then look in the mirror. Your language skills are pretty terrible as well.
    His location is Sweden. I'd be curious how well you speak in your non-native tongue.

    Also, he has proof. The guy said he did what he was accused of but claimed it was a joke.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    10charssss

    Infracted: Minor Spam [ML]
    Don't want to quote this guy but rather see how a moderator in these forums deal with those that break forum laws.

    they are firm, they don't ask questions or hesitate.

    you should be like this OP. I used to be an officer and most of the time there were problems. our GM always told me "don't be a soft idiot" and he was somehow right. sure officers can have a few friends and buds but they should not be carebears.

    imagine this scenario :

    if for 1% chance something bad happens in RL because 2 and 1 got into an argument in a near future (in case 2 stays in guild). won't you blame yourself for not interfering? if many people complain about this person then perhaps there is something bad about this guy. he can be a bad joker who pisses everyone off when he tries to be funny or he can be a goddamn psycho.

    YOU SHOULD NOT CARE.

    you're an officer, you're charged with keeping the peace and if someone breaks it by trying to be a douche you'll have to respond to it with an iron fist.

  17. #37
    lets break this down.

    First and foremost: Person 1 has allegedly been attacked by Person 2. You asked them to bring proof forward. (Good.)
    Second: You confronted person 2 and accused him of attacking Person 1
    This was your first mistake:
    • You should've waited for the screencap/chat log.
    • You also very likely put Person 1 back under the bus by revealing that he ratted out person 2's behavior.

    I would've waited on the evidence before confronting number 2. If it was severe enough to warrant punishment, i'd then take it to number 2, detail exactly what he did wrong, and ask for his side of the story. If his motives were truly malicious, Number 2 would be removed from the guild.

    Ideally, You want to keep everyone in the guild, but you need to make the tough call about removing people who don't make the cut (socially) or risk having other people leave to distance them selves from other players and start their own thing.

    If number 1 never brings evidence forward, I'd never move against number 2. If number 2 brings evidence that number 1 provoked him, then number 1 would get removed (potentially removing number 2 as well, depending on how terribly number 2 reacted.)

    Really, you should run the scenario by at least one other officer for input before you do anything. If Number 1 truly feels threatened by number 2, he should approach a GM and let them sort things out.

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,274
    Reading "number 1" and "number 2" constantly is giving me a headache.

  19. #39
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Remind 1 that he could use the ignore feature
    Or actually report the person to Blizzard and let them deal with him. I would've cried to Blizzard if someone was threatening me, chances are that one guy dislikes the other and just wants him kicked.

    OP: Wait for a screenshot before even doing anything, hearsay means nothing.

    Either way, this is all quite strange.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  20. #40
    If there's one thing I've learned from being an officer of a raiding guild, it's that you should always kick assholes instead of trying to work with them and hope they stop causing trouble. It doesn't fucking work.

    Realistically, if you're debating with yourself about kicking someone, then you should probably just kick them. Generally, that means that your brain knows you should kick them, but you feel guilty about it anyway. That doesn't mean you're in the wrong, it means you're a nice person. Sometimes though, you have to do what's right even if it's hard. This applies doubly so for someone in any kind of position of authority.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •