Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    kick them both,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Based on info you provided, looks like it was well established that <2> is a vile retard even before <1> complained about him. If that is the case indeed , then the real question isn't whether you should kick him or not, but what kept you from doing so till now. Anyway, I think you are taking this too seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Based on info you provided, looks like it was well established that <2> is a vile retard even before <1> complained about him. If that is the case indeed , then the real question isn't whether you should kick him or not, but what kept you from doing so till now. Anyway, I think you are taking this too seriously.
    Probably as you say, may that I am biased or whatever it's called, because 2 is very friendly to me (though annoying), I've personally never seen him say any bad thing, but people keep telling me that he is a douchebag, and since several people is complaining I should probably kick him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    Probably as you say, may that I am biased or whatever it's called, because 2 is very friendly to me (though annoying), I've personally never seen him say any bad thing, but people keep telling me that he is a douchebag, and since several people is complaining I should probably kick him then.
    You seem very easily swayed. You might need to step up your game as an officer if you can go from keeping him to kicking him in a matter of five or six posts. You're supposed to be a leader and you're letting your personal feelings get in the way of kicking someone who has admitted using racist language while threatening a guild member.

Honestly, you might be too passive to be an officer. Maybe you should pass this on to the higher ups in your guild. No offense meant, but this shouldn't be that difficult. You have a guild member saying someone threatened him. The other person admits it but says it was a joke. You're still thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a gm of a social guild with 900+ people and if someone complains about someone, I kick without questions. Even if the person being kicked didn't do anything thaaaaaaat bad, they are already causing trouble. In a social guild I prefer to have no trouble. If someone has a problem with that, a kick for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Your a pretty shitty officer

10charssss

Infracted: Minor Spam [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-09 at 09:46 PM.

If someone is threatening someone else using in-game chat, report it to Blizzard. This is utterly unacceptable and not something they can ignore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Expel number two whenever you can. You'll feel relieved in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is guild drama at it's finest.

Seems like #2 doesn't know how to joke in the correct way maybe? Because you did say he is sorta slow? Try and get them both on skype or a separate vent channel and have them talk it out and both of them can explain their sides of the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This is guild drama at it's finest.

Seems like #2 doesn't know how to joke in the correct way maybe? Because you did say he is sorta slow? Try and get them both on skype or a separate vent channel and have them talk it out and both of them can explain their sides of the stories.
    Good plan. Share your skype name with someone who allegedly threatened your family and you.

Deleted
    Well thanks for all the answers, I normally see everything in a objective way, though this time I messed up. At the moment I am the only active officer, otherwise I always try to discuss things like these with the other officers. It's also hard to describe exactly what happened. I should do my best to become a better officer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuckatpvp View Post
    Good plan. Share your skype name with someone who allegedly threatened your family and you.
    Create a new skype? Or do my second suggestion, Ventrilo.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Create a new skype? Or do my second suggestion, Ventrilo.
    If someone threatened me to the point where I actually felt in danger, the last thing I want to do is hear their side of things. Nor would I want them to have any possible way to get in touch with me. Zero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the guy doesn't fit well with the guild then kick him. If you're kicking him because he has bad language skills and someone said he threatened them(which you have no proof of) then look in the mirror. Your language skills are pretty terrible as well.
    His location is Sweden. I'd be curious how well you speak in your non-native tongue.

Also, he has proof. The guy said he did what he was accused of but claimed it was a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    10charssss

Infracted: Minor Spam [ML]
    Don't want to quote this guy but rather see how a moderator in these forums deal with those that break forum laws.

they are firm, they don't ask questions or hesitate.

you should be like this OP. I used to be an officer and most of the time there were problems. our GM always told me "don't be a soft idiot" and he was somehow right. sure officers can have a few friends and buds but they should not be carebears.

imagine this scenario :

if for 1% chance something bad happens in RL because 2 and 1 got into an argument in a near future (in case 2 stays in guild). won't you blame yourself for not interfering? if many people complain about this person then perhaps there is something bad about this guy. he can be a bad joker who pisses everyone off when he tries to be funny or he can be a goddamn psycho.

YOU SHOULD NOT CARE.

you're an officer, you're charged with keeping the peace and if someone breaks it by trying to be a douche you'll have to respond to it with an iron fist.

lets break this down.

First and foremost: Person 1 has allegedly been attacked by Person 2. You asked them to bring proof forward. (Good.)
    Second: You confronted person 2 and accused him of attacking Person 1
    This was your first mistake:
    • You should've waited for the screencap/chat log.
    • You also very likely put Person 1 back under the bus by revealing that he ratted out person 2's behavior.

I would've waited on the evidence before confronting number 2. If it was severe enough to warrant punishment, i'd then take it to number 2, detail exactly what he did wrong, and ask for his side of the story. If his motives were truly malicious, Number 2 would be removed from the guild.

Ideally, You want to keep everyone in the guild, but you need to make the tough call about removing people who don't make the cut (socially) or risk having other people leave to distance them selves from other players and start their own thing.

If number 1 never brings evidence forward, I'd never move against number 2. If number 2 brings evidence that number 1 provoked him, then number 1 would get removed (potentially removing number 2 as well, depending on how terribly number 2 reacted.)

Really, you should run the scenario by at least one other officer for input before you do anything. If Number 1 truly feels threatened by number 2, he should approach a GM and let them sort things out.

Reading "number 1" and "number 2" constantly is giving me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Remind 1 that he could use the ignore feature
    Or actually report the person to Blizzard and let them deal with him. I would've cried to Blizzard if someone was threatening me, chances are that one guy dislikes the other and just wants him kicked.

OP: Wait for a screenshot before even doing anything, hearsay means nothing.

Either way, this is all quite strange.

If there's one thing I've learned from being an officer of a raiding guild, it's that you should always kick assholes instead of trying to work with them and hope they stop causing trouble. It doesn't fucking work.

Realistically, if you're debating with yourself about kicking someone, then you should probably just kick them. Generally, that means that your brain knows you should kick them, but you feel guilty about it anyway. That doesn't mean you're in the wrong, it means you're a nice person. Sometimes though, you have to do what's right even if it's hard. This applies doubly so for someone in any kind of position of authority.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Some people complaining without proof isn't a legit reason. If he wants to kim him for not liking the guy that's fine, but don't try to beat around the bush about it. I hate all this backstabbing bullshit...got something to say, do it to his face (so to speak, over vent or ingame).

I agree with this, but I still stand by the opinion that OP isn't being a good officer going around peoples back to justify kicking someone. You got a certain rank in the guild, act by it or step down.
    It's also a video game, not the military or a job. It's not our job to babysit other people's bullshit problems. If someone is threatening a guild mate in real life the first thing they should do is contact Blizzard. If it overflows into guild, trade, voice chat, etc then you can be an adult and make a decision.

If you want to kick the 2nd guy for being a douche then do it for that reason. Don't do it because my mom's dogs sisters hamster squeaked 3 times which means they threatened to kill me in tells.

10+ Year Old Account
    if he is causing drama then kick him