Thread: Patch 5.4 size

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 5.4 size

Have a member of my guild asking about how much he will need to download tomorrow with the release of 5.4.

Assuming he's done what he can with the background downloader, anyone know about how much he/we will be looking at?

Never bothered to look myself on previous patches so I don't know if there is even a way to find out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh...it was quite a bit on the PTR but you SHOULD have been downloading most of it in the background already. I don't think anyone will be able to tell you the full size for sure

Roughly 870 MB, minus whatever his background downloader has done. Might be another small file (under 50 MB) when it is live.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    Ooh...it was quite a bit on the PTR but you SHOULD have been downloading most of it in the background already. I don't think anyone will be able to tell you the full size for sure
    PTR sizes will always be big (especially if you don't have the client before). If you don't have the client before then it's hefty because it needs everything. Also during the PTR things will download and get overwritten again so it seems bigger than it should.