1. #1

    Incredible bad luck

    So today i decided to run Vault of Archavon hoping for a mount drop. Guess what? It dropped! I was just about to click the mount but then suddenly.....wintergrasp started. Got teleported out and i was like WTF. So i opened a ticket. do you guys think i can still get my mount or am i screwed?

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    794
    You should be able to get the mount if the GM is really nice or has some sort of a way to confirm that it dropped, I usually take a SS right when I loot and I see a mount because I always get stoked when one drops, I suggest you do the same for future reference. But good luck, hope you get the mount.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  3. #3
    Brewmaster 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    1,354
    Ouch, sounds like a bitch of a thing to happen, not sure if they track what items dropped that you didn't loot, but it's worth a try to see what they say
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Ouch, sounds like a bitch of a thing to happen, not sure if they track what items dropped that you didn't loot, but it's worth a try to see what they say
    Blizzard does. They know what you killed up to a certain point as it's in their system. More specifically, what dropped if you looted a mob/boss, but never picked the items up. How far back they keep track of, I do not know though. The OP should be able to get the mount mailed to them.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,638
    Yes, you will get the mount. They know your instance ID's and what dropped. I had Kaelthas be unlootable for whatever reason once and they mailed me what was on his corpse (no ashes, yay).
    Look! Words!

  6. #6
    High Overlord Aspectus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    110
    Yeah they always do that, if what you're saying is legit they'll give the items to you

  7. #7
    You'll get it. As long as you didn't submit a massive QQ ticket calling them all cunts.

  8. #8
    What i've been told is they can only restore items that were in your bag.

  9. #9
    I don't think you will get it. I experienced something similar to that back in march when soloing the Lich King. I brought him down to 1 HP during the RP "event" and then I tabbed out of the game, then when I tabbed back in, Tirion had killed him and I wasn't able to loot him. So I opened a ticket and the answer I got was that they can't restore the loot, because there would be no evidence or something like that. Well... Invincible dropped two weeks later, so doesn't matter anyway.
    Last edited by mefailz; 2013-09-10 at 08:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What i've been told is they can only restore items that were in your bag.
    You are wrong. I got items mailed from the corpse of LK (that I couldn't loot ofc because I got dc-ed at 1% and Tirion did the killing blow).
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  11. #11
    You can still get the items. We've tried a few times in the past having bosses despawn just as we kill them because of enrages (Garalon for example), or the whole raid dying at the same time.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Sound911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    355
    Yep! you should get it no problem, congrats

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mefailz View Post
    I don't think you will get it. I experienced something similar to that back in march when soloing the Lich King. I brought him down to 1 HP during the RP "event" and then I tabbed out of the game, then when I tabbed back in, Tirion had killed him and I wasn't able to loot him. So I opened a ticket and the answer I got was that they can't restore the loot, because there would be no evidence or something like that. Well... Invincible dropped two weeks later, so doesn't matter anyway.
    Had a similar thing at LK. Opened a ticket and got the loot mailed to me.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What i've been told is they can only restore items that were in your bag.
    cant be true i keep getting loot i left on corpses from the postmaster all the time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •