Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Except for the fact that I want to try raiding/PVP on a specific class that I didn't have yet
    Raiding/PVP as a DPS DK and Raiding/PVP as a DPS Rogue are vastly different.

    Let play your game though. Let's say the Dr. is blizzard, and the customer is the patient. Leveling in the current form is painful, the patient tell the Dr. this and the Dr. says "too bad" instead of finding an alternative treatment. See the problem?
    Its funny how the same logic that some of these people use can be easily turned on them with the same metaphor.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  2. #62
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    is it bannable to say panda land though? i quite like it, i like MoP expansion so not bashing, but panda land does sound better than pandaria..
    I wouldn't think it is, unless the mod in question is a rabid fan who can't stand any negativity about the game. I prefer Pandaland/Mope over Pandaria/MOP as well. It accurately conveys my disappointment in this xpack.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your logic has holes. That is paying for a power increase. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear.
    How is not earning the gear any different than not earning the levels?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    But why is it a necessity to hunt for gear but not hunt for levels? Because you prefer one over the other?
    Because leveling is the required process to even wear the end game gear. You have to be level 90 to wear it.

    Again, I will not answer any more questions that you pose until you tell me what the difference is between RaF instant levels and a paid service where you simply pick a character and grant a level.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    How is not earning the gear any different than not earning the levels?
    How is RaF instant leveling any different than a paid service of instant leveling? They both lead to the same end result and both are paid.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  5. #65
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because leveling is the required process to even wear the end game gear. You have to be level 90 to wear it.

    Again, I will not answer any more questions that you pose until you tell me what the difference is between RaF instant levels and a paid service where you simply pick a character and grant a level.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How is RaF instant leveling any different than a paid service of instant leveling? They both lead to the same end result and both are paid.
    I just told you what the difference was. RAF leveling without actually recruiting a friend isn't the intended result of the feature. It's a consequence that exists due to the fact Blizzard is losing subs.

    If you're gonna pull that logic, then what about the gear you get by auto-leveling a character to 80? Aren't you buying the gear, too?

    Why are you against the gear, Jaylock?
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    I got the message, and I'll keep calling it Pandaland because frankly, it's funny. Geez.

    And honestly even if this service existed, I'd hope people know better than to throw away their money at it. You might as well ask for a class change service if leveling truthfully is that painful to you.

  7. #67
    You're just like the people that complained about the mounts at level 40. Well i had to work my way there and i got glorious rippling thighs becuase i had to run till 40. So get out of here chicken leg with your unfit level 20 mount havin self. Earn your place!

  8. #68
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Here is your quote, just so we are clear:

    "No. I pay money every month to play this game. I'm not interesting in paying even more in order to to have less content, which is essentially what this is."

    You put yourself in a context where it was something that was forced upon you with the bold underlined statement there. I get that you pay money every month to play that game. I get that you are not interested, but dont make it sound like it would hurt your well being if it were an offered service, and dont act like you would be forced to engage in and pay for such service.
    No, nothing about that says I was forced, neither explicitly not implied. Nor does it say that I would be harmed by such a feature. It's an explanation as to why I am not interested: Because such a concept would be essentially paying money to skip parts of the game, which is counter the entire reason I pay that money in the first place. It doesn't interest me.

    Don't put words into my mouth. If you want to debate with people, try doing it with something actually said and not what you imagined they said.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  9. #69
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, nothing about that says I was forced, neither explicitly not implied. Nor does it say that I would be harmed by such a feature. It's an explanation as to why I am not interested: Because such a concept would be essentially paying money to skip parts of the game, which is counter the entire reason I pay that money in the first place. It doesn't interest me.

    Don't put words into my mouth. If you want to debate with people, try doing it with something actually said and not what you imagined they said.
    No one is forcing you to use the service if you want all that....content....then by all means play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Except for the fact that I want to try raiding/PVP on a specific class that I didn't have yet
    Raiding/PVP as a DPS DK and Raiding/PVP as a DPS Rogue are vastly different.

    Let play your game though. Let's say the Dr. is blizzard, and the customer is the patient. Leveling in the current form is painful, the patient tell the Dr. this and the Dr. says "too bad" instead of finding an alternative treatment. See the problem?
    Well first of all, that first part was a joke. I figured you would get that =P It wasn't meant to be a metaphor. It can't really work as a metaphor because the Dr. and Blizzard don't share similar goals.

    Anyways, thanks for the answer.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, nothing about that says I was forced, neither explicitly not implied. Nor does it say that I would be harmed by such a feature. It's an explanation as to why I am not interested: Because such a concept would be essentially paying money to skip parts of the game, which is counter the entire reason I pay that money in the first place. It doesn't interest me.

    Don't put words into my mouth. If you want to debate with people, try doing it with something actually said and not what you imagined they said.
    Are you serious?

    When you say you wouldn't want to pay even more money in order to have less content, you are completely putting yourself in context as if it was a real service that would hurt your ability or desire to do said content. And your logic doesnt make sense, the content would still be there, you just would not be required to do that content if you didnt want to (in my example of a paid service to skip levels).

    I'm not arguing with you that you are not interested in such a service. I get that. But please don't infer that a service like this would paying to "have less content."
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  12. #72
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Well first of all, that first part was a joke. I figured you would get that =P It wasn't meant to be a metaphor. It can't really work as a metaphor because the Dr. and Blizzard don't share similar goals.

    Anyways, thanks for the answer.
    Sorry I didn't know it was a joke some people really think that the raiding experience is the same between characters of similar roles (range dps and another ranged, melee and another melee, healer and healer, etc etc).

    But yeah we've told Blizzard that 85-90 is painful and they don't seem to have any intention to alleviate this pain currently. I think they did reduce the exp requirement at least, but it's still a painful grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  13. #73
    HA! No lol

  14. #74
    Maybe put a limitation on the service.. you could only do a max of 5 levels every 3 months or so?

    How would that change the dynamic?
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Maybe put a limitation on the service.. you could only do a max of 5 levels every 3 months or so?

    How would that change the dynamic?
    I answered your question Jaylock, can you answer mine?
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of an insta-level service if Blizz offered it along with all their other character services?
    so a total of $35 to skip the max levels only after you have leveled at least one character through panda land and or outland, northrend etc.

    What do you think?
    Would you be in favour of paying an extra $10 at the movies to have someone else watch the first half of the movie for you ?

  17. #77
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Maybe put a limitation on the service.. you could only do a max of 5 levels every 3 months or so?

    How would that change the dynamic?
    it doesnt change the dynamic. its still a bad idea. and... i really believe if we were talking about BC content, this would be but a distant nightmare in your mind. since BC was oh so amazing... i actually dread setting one toe in that content. but i dont wish for people to be able to skip what the developers of the game worked hard to give us. how about you just stop being so critical and negative about what is actually a fun expac, and try to enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  18. #78
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When you say you wouldn't want to pay even more money in order to have less content, you are completely putting yourself in context as if it was a real service that would hurt your ability or desire to do said content. And your logic doesnt make sense, the content would still be there, you just would not be required to do that content if you didnt want to (in my example of a paid service to skip levels).

    I'm not arguing with you that you are not interested in such a service. I get that. But please don't infer that a service like this would paying to "have less content."
    Why are you so hung up on this "required" stuff? I never said anything about required.

    In a hypothetical scenario, if a person pays money to, say, skip Outland, they are paying additional money to do less gaming (as that would be 10 less levels of leveling, and minus however many zones that level range takes now). Verses not paying, and doing Outland, and experiencing a larger amount of content. Obviously Outland would still be there and one could still do it, but if one wanted to do it, then one would not pay to use the feature. Which is the point I am making. I would be one of those people who would not pay to use the feature because I think it is counter intuitive to why I chose to play this game. Therefore I am not interested it, as previously expressed.

    This is my opinion. You might have a different opinion, but part of the thing about opinions is they are subjective and therefore not really up to debate. Last I checked, it doesn't have to be "required" or "forced" or "harmful to my well being" -- as you claim I am implying despite explicitly stating I'm not -- in order to hold that opinion. There are a lot of things in this world I am not interested in, and I am fully capable of expressing that they are "not for me" without being obliged to try them first.

    Since you seem completely unwilling to respond to what I am actually saying and instead want to argue with some imaginary person saying "no, don't force me to pay money to skip levels" I'm going to bow out of this debate and suggest that if you want to debate that point, you should find someone who is actually saying that and not someone who is simply expressing their interest level on a feature that you asked about people's interest level on.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Pay to win is bad and anyone that likes that system is bad.
    Heard it here first, reaching level cap = winning the game!

  20. #80
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Would you be in favour of paying an extra $10 at the movies to have someone else watch the first half of the movie for you ?
    LOL! Not even close to the same. This would be paying for the convenience of skipping content you don't want. Here's a better one for you:
    Would you be in favour of paying an extra $10 to not have to wait in the line to see the movie you really want to see? You don't have to do it, it's just an option, if you want it
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •