Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    First, have you ever tried playing a toon starting at level 80? I have via RaF and it took me hours to get my grips around knowing the class to start leveling towards 81.

Second, this is a subscription based MMO. Why should someone who already pays have to be subject to someone having more level 90 toons because they paid more? Players should be rewarded by how much time they put in ONLINE not OFFLINE. I am completely against anything that is rewarded outside of PLAYING the game. A subscription based game should be fair to all subscribed. Yes there are heirlooms and RAF, but those things are free and can be attained by anyone PLAYING the game.
    #1, I've played starting at 80. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but you pick up the basics pretty damn fast. Especially since there's an in-game simple guide now.

#2, Why does the number of 90 toons matter? If I have three 90s, that doesn't get me into hardcore guilds any faster (in fact, in my attempts to gear up all three, I'll probably do it even slower.) It doesn't net you an advantage by having an additional 90, because your time gets split up. If I have the same gear as you do, but you have eight more 90s, that doesn't do a THING for you in a fight.

#3, I actually HATE Micro-transactions for the most part, but this is one thing I don't have a big problem with, if it was tweaked a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    This game already has enough people who don't know how to play their class. It doesn't need a bunch of idiots with a lot of disposable income buying level 90s and still having no clue what to do with them.

It's not that this idea would be particularly bad, it's the principle of the matter. The world already has enough people doing whatever they want just because they have the money to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No. I pay money every month to play this game. I'm not interesting in paying even more in order to to have less content, which is essentially what this is.
    You mean how you can get cosmetic gear from the store that could otherwise have come as a reward for raiding or other content?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    As if blizzard updates didnt made the game have less content in total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels for sale, xp potions, boa's many people want these things. What is the point of leveling anymore if everyone just wants to take a shortcut to get to cap? No I do not like this idea, not one bit.

If leveling is so boring let's just level cap the game.

Deleted
    Why even play the game than? If that gets implemented than there is no more use of BoA gear. you learn less about your character. In my opinion people who are that lazy are better of playing a private server.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, perhaps with lots of gold but not with cash. wow is not a free to play game and should not have such services.

this system encourages blizzard's cash shop.

Deleted
    Hmm tought i had him on ignore.
    Atleast i do now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Part of me doesn't care that people make money off your rampant laziness. Part of me doesn't want you to get anything for being that lazy. Not sure whether apathy or contempt is greater.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well, think about times where you like to level, and then about times where you would rather skip a level or two. I think it would be a good idea to allow that especially after you have cleared the content before on another character.

It would just be like the recruit a friend level up system where you ding up, but you would actually have to pay to get the "free" level.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it pay to win? What are you winning at the end of the day? Time saved?
    High-end guilds use many alts to dominate content by stacking classes that work well with encounters mechanics. That makes it pay to win because it would give them an advantage towards having alts geared out faster at max level. Also, if it's before an expansion it makes no sense for Blizzard to offer such a thing that would get no use in their new expansion for the same reasons.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be quicker each and every time you level a new alternative character. Should the level be instant? Can't say I'd be against it, but the service should be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you think?
    Way too expensive. I'd seriously consider 1-90 for $20, but $5/level puts it out of reach for people whose main source of income is monthly paycheck.

For new players the idea of buying 3-4 game boxes and getting up 100 levels is so daunting that they go "fuck it" which is a real problem for Blizzard that they have to fix very soon. As a side-effect the leveling of alts (topic of this thread) will also be changed forever.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I could go for this is if it was limited to once per character so no 1-90 in one day but you could skip an area if you don't like it, no skipping current content, and you must have a max level character already.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

What was described in the first post isn't pay to win unless you win WoW by hitting 90, and hearing the same damn rhetoric from the first replies is kinda depressing, its like bashing Jaylock is a faster reaction than engaging brain.

Free lvl 90, pay-to-hit-90, pay for 500% xp buffs, this is not pay to win. Don't be dumbasses. NO ONE* EVER considers WoW "won" or "complete" when they hit level 90; *and for the people who DO, guess they aren't interfering with your game much then, are they.

Please do'nt try and say "paying to hit lvl 90 is basically the same as paying for full heroic raiding gear derpderp" you just sound like some form of religious zealot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    First has been pay to be handsome. This would be pay to level. Then could come pay to gold. Pay to gear up. Pay to kill raid. Pay to win an arena match. Bad idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell would pay that much money for five levels?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think each time you hit 90 on a character, it should give all of your other characters a stacking debuff that reduces the amount of experience you get by 9%

Deleted
    I like the levelling, at least up until Cata... there's quite a selection of different ways you can level (zone-wise etc.)... I might pay for Cata nad Pandaland though

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think each time you hit 90 on a character, it should give all of your other characters a stacking debuff that reduces the amount of experience you get by 9%
    Why after you leveled 3 toons this games questing just starts getting boring. why would you punish players with multiple alts for no reason.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-09-10 at 11:30 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the amount of useless 90s already who have no idea in the slightest how to play their class yet alone move sometimes definitely not. The only thing I would ask is that Krol's elixer works on 85+. Got eight 90s currently and my Shaman seems to be taking an age to get from 88 to 90 and two elixers xD
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )