Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think each time you hit 90 on a character, it should give all of your other characters a stacking debuff that reduces the amount of experience you get by 9%
    Why after you leveled 3 toons this games questing just starts getting boring. why would you punish players with multiple alts for no reason.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-09-10 at 11:30 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Why after you leveled 3 toons this games questing just starts getting boring. why would you push players with multiple alts for no reason.
    Why not? It is not the only crazy thing that gets suggested in threads like these. I mean..if you claim that levelling gets boring the third time round - why would you even level alts?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Given the amount of useless 90s already who have no idea in the slightest how to play their class yet alone move sometimes definitely not. The only thing I would ask is that Krol's elixer works on 85+. Got eight 90s currently and my Shaman seems to be taking an age to get from 88 to 90 and two elixers xD
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

Dristereau3D

Selling experience pots in the in-game store is a much better way to go about this.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why not? It is not the only crazy thing that gets suggested in threads like these. I mean..if you claim that levelling gets boring the third time round - why would you even level alts?
    Because I like playing new classes at max level. your suggestion would make me more likely to quit honestly. It already harder enough trying to be motivated to go through both bc and wotlk with extra exp but if you add reduce xp. I would just be done.

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Why after you leveled 3 toons this games questing just starts getting boring. why would you push players with multiple alts for no reason.
    You don't. It's no different than getting a buff to valor gain after capping valor.

For characters that like levelling, it would be a boon to them. For characters that don't, it wouldn't force them to do so.

I would like the stacking XP buff ONLY if it had a cap (so you can't get +300% with 30 alts), preferably didn't stack with heirlooms, and was account-wide, not server wide. This would be a great way to solve the "can't send heirlooms cross server" problem.

As for the pay-to-level in the OP? That would probably be the final nail that gets me to quit WoW.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You don't. It's no different than getting a buff to valor gain after capping valor.

For characters that like levelling, it would be a boon to them. For characters that don't, it wouldn't force them to do so.

I would like the stacking XP buff ONLY if it had a cap (so you can't get +300% with 30 alts), preferably didn't stack with heirlooms, and was account-wide, not server wide. This would be a great way to solve the "can't send heirlooms cross server" problem.

As for the pay-to-level in the OP? That would probably be the final nail that gets me to quit WoW.
    They were talking about a debuff that would reduce exp gained and stack for each toons you leveled. Why make it more time consuming for someone who has seen the content on multiple alts?

Isn't their already something in game where you can get to level 80 instantly? think it's for resubing or refer a friend not sure >.<

Maybe lower levels or a fast track to 80 like with the free bonus transfer, but not the current expansions level range. $20 for a level 80 with a full set of greens? That's not horrible. Would need some requirements, like having a max level already on the server etc.

Doesn't make much sense to pay to skip content.

On the other hand, leveling a character ain't rocket surgery. Even a simple Bot-program can do it.

While I wouldn't use it, I don't think it would affect my gameplay in any way,

as long as Blizzard didn't turn the leveling in one horrible grind in order to pressure us to buy ourselves free.

Edit: Posting this under the assumption that you have to have a char at max level to be eligible to use the service.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

If I could pay 5 quid to skip all levels to 90, I would take it without thinking twice. Then again, I'm not playing any more so... :P

Instead of "I have 11 level 90's" "wow, you have no life"

it would be
    "I have 11 level 90's" "wow, you musta done your daddy good"

I see no problem with wanting this, if people want it then why not.

Of course you might have to deal with people condemning you out of jealousy because they can't afford "special snow flakiness" though.

I wouldn't mind, and would probably use it if the pricing was fair. I despise leveling alts, but like having multiple characters at endgame.

If it has no negative effects on the regular leveling curve (slowing it down to promote insta-dings for example), I don't see why anyone would care.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Why pay real money? I mean:

People like flying mounts because:
    -Faster questing.
    -PvP ganks.
    -Commodity.
    -It's on your hands to use the flying mounts.

So, If flying mounts are for this type of things, why not an NPC that "sell" levels? You gain:
    -Faster questing: Every time that you have money, you can take some levels.
    -PvP ganks: Same like flying mounts.
    -Commodity: 2nd or 3rd alter? No problem, spend some money and done.
    -It's on your hands to use this NPC to level.

So, put that "leveling" with golds, like all the other "tools" that help you to skip some content.

I have 6 chars at lvl 90, 3 between 86-89, 2 at lvl 70 and a bunch between 40-60.

I wouldn't pay to get levels, but I would like to see an option to get "free" levels somehow,
    I just can't do more questing anymore just to level. I love to play at max level and discover a new spec tricks, but the leveling is horrible.
    Even quests and areas that were enjoyable and fun first, second, third time, are dull now.

So, a "perma" RaF or something should be implemented to help people with many chars

Paying to win defeats the whole purpose of WoW, so no.

leveling is a foundamental part of a gdr, so if you don't like it why spending money over a mmo RPG? just quit.

Just like: mounts, pets, transfers, faction changes and race changes, Right?

I'm sure you would agree with that, so what's it to you that others would prefer the convenience of purchasing a clearly optional feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

as long as Blizzard didn't turn the leveling in one horrible grind in order to pressure us to buy ourselves free.

Edit: Posting this under the assumption that you have to have a char at max level to be eligible to use the service.
    But Leveling is already one horrible mindless grind. I haven't read the quest text while leveling since I started playing. I don't get how people keep thinking that going and collecting 10 pig snouts x 10,000 is somehow meaningful fun content.

The new timeless Isle is little more than just going to a location and endlessly killing beast over and over. The only difference between that and dailies, is they cut out the whole getting a quest to tell you which type of pig to collect snouts from. Now we'll just form a party\raid and run around killing and looting, which pretty much describes the process of getting from 1-90