Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Selling experience pots in the in-game store is a much better way to go about this.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why not? It is not the only crazy thing that gets suggested in threads like these. I mean..if you claim that levelling gets boring the third time round - why would you even level alts?
    Because I like playing new classes at max level. your suggestion would make me more likely to quit honestly. It already harder enough trying to be motivated to go through both bc and wotlk with extra exp but if you add reduce xp. I would just be done.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Why after you leveled 3 toons this games questing just starts getting boring. why would you push players with multiple alts for no reason.
    You don't. It's no different than getting a buff to valor gain after capping valor.

For characters that like levelling, it would be a boon to them. For characters that don't, it wouldn't force them to do so.

I would like the stacking XP buff ONLY if it had a cap (so you can't get +300% with 30 alts), preferably didn't stack with heirlooms, and was account-wide, not server wide. This would be a great way to solve the "can't send heirlooms cross server" problem.

As for the pay-to-level in the OP? That would probably be the final nail that gets me to quit WoW.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You don't. It's no different than getting a buff to valor gain after capping valor.

For characters that like levelling, it would be a boon to them. For characters that don't, it wouldn't force them to do so.

I would like the stacking XP buff ONLY if it had a cap (so you can't get +300% with 30 alts), preferably didn't stack with heirlooms, and was account-wide, not server wide. This would be a great way to solve the "can't send heirlooms cross server" problem.

As for the pay-to-level in the OP? That would probably be the final nail that gets me to quit WoW.
    They were talking about a debuff that would reduce exp gained and stack for each toons you leveled. Why make it more time consuming for someone who has seen the content on multiple alts?
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't their already something in game where you can get to level 80 instantly? think it's for resubing or refer a friend not sure >.<

Maybe lower levels or a fast track to 80 like with the free bonus transfer, but not the current expansions level range. $20 for a level 80 with a full set of greens? That's not horrible. Would need some requirements, like having a max level already on the server etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make much sense to pay to skip content.

On the other hand, leveling a character ain't rocket surgery. Even a simple Bot-program can do it.

While I wouldn't use it, I don't think it would affect my gameplay in any way,

as long as Blizzard didn't turn the leveling in one horrible grind in order to pressure us to buy ourselves free.

Edit: Posting this under the assumption that you have to have a char at max level to be eligible to use the service.

If I could pay 5 quid to skip all levels to 90, I would take it without thinking twice. Then again, I'm not playing any more so... :P

Instead of "I have 11 level 90's" "wow, you have no life"

it would be
    "I have 11 level 90's" "wow, you musta done your daddy good"

I see no problem with wanting this, if people want it then why not.

Of course you might have to deal with people condemning you out of jealousy because they can't afford "special snow flakiness" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind, and would probably use it if the pricing was fair. I despise leveling alts, but like having multiple characters at endgame.

If it has no negative effects on the regular leveling curve (slowing it down to promote insta-dings for example), I don't see why anyone would care.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Why pay real money? I mean:

People like flying mounts because:
    -Faster questing.
    -PvP ganks.
    -Commodity.
    -It's on your hands to use the flying mounts.

So, If flying mounts are for this type of things, why not an NPC that "sell" levels? You gain:
    -Faster questing: Every time that you have money, you can take some levels.
    -PvP ganks: Same like flying mounts.
    -Commodity: 2nd or 3rd alter? No problem, spend some money and done.
    -It's on your hands to use this NPC to level.

So, put that "leveling" with golds, like all the other "tools" that help you to skip some content.

I have 6 chars at lvl 90, 3 between 86-89, 2 at lvl 70 and a bunch between 40-60.

I wouldn't pay to get levels, but I would like to see an option to get "free" levels somehow,
    I just can't do more questing anymore just to level. I love to play at max level and discover a new spec tricks, but the leveling is horrible.
    Even quests and areas that were enjoyable and fun first, second, third time, are dull now.

So, a "perma" RaF or something should be implemented to help people with many chars

Deleted
    leveling is a foundamental part of a gdr, so if you don't like it why spending money over a mmo RPG? just quit.

Just like: mounts, pets, transfers, faction changes and race changes, Right?

I'm sure you would agree with that, so what's it to you that others would prefer the convenience of purchasing a clearly optional feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

as long as Blizzard didn't turn the leveling in one horrible grind in order to pressure us to buy ourselves free.

Edit: Posting this under the assumption that you have to have a char at max level to be eligible to use the service.
    But Leveling is already one horrible mindless grind. I haven't read the quest text while leveling since I started playing. I don't get how people keep thinking that going and collecting 10 pig snouts x 10,000 is somehow meaningful fun content.

The new timeless Isle is little more than just going to a location and endlessly killing beast over and over. The only difference between that and dailies, is they cut out the whole getting a quest to tell you which type of pig to collect snouts from. Now we'll just form a party\raid and run around killing and looting, which pretty much describes the process of getting from 1-90

But Leveling is already one horrible mindless grind. I haven't read the quest text while leveling since I started playing. I don't get how people keep thinking that going and collecting 10 pig snouts x 10,000 is somehow meaningful fun content.

The new timeless Isle is little more than just going to a location and endlessly killing beast over and over. The only difference between that and dailies, is they cut out the whole getting a quest to tell you which type of pig to collect snouts from. Now we'll just form a party\raid and run around killing and looting, which pretty much describes the process of getting from 1-90
    +1!!
    Get rid of leveling!!! (/joke off). Just put an NPC for leveling (completely optional), pay some golds and voila, end level to start playing the "true" game (and with providing grounds, we don't have excuse to practice our class!!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Jaylock just get a bot if you are tired of lvling, as people have already said, you will prob save both money and time, unlike with ur solution where you will only really save time.
    Why are you advocating bots? I am not asking for a botting service or anything like that. I am simply discussing the validity of having a paid service to skip levels. The fees would have to be:

a) Low enough to be a good value service to the player base

b) High enough to keep people from just spending everything in their wallet to have 50 max level characters on their account

c) In addition to the fees, there would have to be restrictions like a cooldown every 10 levels or so, or some other restriction so people arent just maxing toons out all day err day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    This game already has enough people who don't know how to play their class. It doesn't need a bunch of idiots with a lot of disposable income buying level 90s and still having no clue what to do with them.

It's not that this idea would be particularly bad, it's the principle of the matter. The world already has enough people doing whatever they want just because they have the money to do so.
    So what? If they have the money to do so, who are you to restrict them on how and what the spend it on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    High-end guilds use many alts to dominate content by stacking classes that work well with encounters mechanics. That makes it pay to win because it would give them an advantage towards having alts geared out faster at max level. Also, if it's before an expansion it makes no sense for Blizzard to offer such a thing that would get no use in their new expansion for the same reasons.
    I think those high end guilds already have their toons maxed out pretty early in the life of an expansion to get ready for that. Also, you completely ignored the part where i said there would be restrictions to the service.

I like the idea actually, and I wouldn't mind using the service, if I do actually ever subscribe to this game again.

It's easy enough to level as it is -- especially with the myriad heirloom items and the bounteous options you're provided with. (I've leveled one character from 85-90 sheerly through instance grinding. Another with just quests and plenty, plenty left over in the Dread Wastes and Vale of Eternal Blossoms. At this point the only thing more they could do is hand you the damn levels without you doing a damn thing but giving your credit card information. (Which is sadly what the OP suggests.)

10+ Year Old Account
    kids like you ruin the game for the rest of us