Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

But seriously what is everyone doing [WW]

Ok so after weeks if reading and not posting it seems like people are still split on WW changes for tomorrow. My question is what is everyone doing? I myself and pretty confused as I am still with renki and shadow pan trinket and since I just got back into the game a 518 level. From what I understand I will probably be going with agi>6k haste> crit> mastery from gear with chi brew over ascension and xuen.

Also another question. SEF now viable in other than cleave situations? TEB off 10 stacks or chain with CD/proc. Thanks everyone!

The reason there isn't a consensus is because we don't know. Between Lore blowing smoke up our asses about some magical combination that's going to make us jump to their in-house sims, SimC being a mess for months, and the bugs galore thats plagued the spec in PTR, there's not even any stable foundation for theorycrafters to work with, only reliance upon logs and hours of testing on unreliable training dummies.

The community's testers have busted their humps to try and figure things out, but uncertainty and a lack of proper tools has resulted in the lack of consensus we've all seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow? Well, my armory is linked. Favoring crit over mastery until I have 4pc and CDR trinket.

SEF is one of the best cleaves in the game, if you have the addons for it.

Use Renataki and Shado-pan trinket. I'm not even going to bother with my Rune.

Chi Brew and Ascension will be situation. Chi Brew is great for fights with an early lust, Ascension is best also before CDR trinket (though I favor Chi Brew)

Haste? 6K is a good mark. I'll be using about 7K, as most of my testing has been between 4k and 6K but with set bonuses/CDR trinket.

I'm just another lost nobody at the moment, but my plans are similar to alysmera's. Chi Brew is fantastic in the new patch Mind you, it's not "2 chi and 2 TeB stacks every 45 seconds" it's a 2-charge skill with a 45s recharge. That makes it very versatile to toss around in either *tap tap* fashion or tap-once to go from 8 to 10 stacks immediately and repeat as necessary.

Aiming for 8k haste myself, due to not using Ascension, and going to experiment with crit>mastery and mastery>crit depending on what trinkets I get in the first month or so.

gave up and quit (10s, utility related, not dps).

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    The reason there isn't a consensus is because we don't know. Between Lore blowing smoke up our asses about some magical combination that's going to make us jump to their in-house sims, SimC being a mess for months, and the bugs galore thats plagued the spec in PTR, there's not even any stable foundation for theorycrafters to work with, only reliance upon logs and hours of testing on unreliable training dummies.

The community's testers have busted their humps to try and figure things out, but uncertainty and a lack of proper tools has resulted in the lack of consensus we've all seen.
    I'm fairly certain Lore's dps posts were just to get us chasing a needle in a haystack and forgetting about the 10-man utility issues.

Deleted
    I'm going to dust off my Shado-pa trinket and using it with my LFR Rentaki (Ew.)
    And then Ill be aiming for 6-7k haste with Ascension why 6-7k? Because If I am going to have to swap between Asc and Brew I want to keep my haste balanced. > Crit > Mastery

But I would keep my eyes peeled on at MMO forums and or Elitist Jerks, when people find out what's cool they let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncoko View Post
    gave up and quit (10s, utility related, not dps).

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly certain Lore's dps posts were just to get us chasing a needle in a haystack and forgetting about the 10-man utility issues.
    I'm fairly certain we got hook line and sinker'd by Lore just like the hunters did.

If you are going Chi Brew I highly recommend more than 6-7k haste. Just try it out on a target dummy and find out for yourself how energy starved you will feel. Then afterwards sim it and see that sims also recommend more haste. On top of that, more haste is good for AoE and you'll be doing that a lot in tier 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencap View Post
    If you are going Chi Brew I highly recommend more than 6-7k haste. Just try it out on a target dummy and find out for yourself how energy starved you will feel. Then afterwards sim it and see that sims also recommend more haste. On top of that, more haste is good for AoE and you'll be doing that a lot in tier 16.
    Sims aren't correct. Sims are still staying "more haste" when you are at 13k haste. The way to maximize DPS IMHO is Mastery = Crit and focus on Chi finishers and maximizing TEB with procs if you can.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    What I am doing? I am listening to Andrea Bocelli while I say goodbye to my rune. It was fun as long as it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Sims aren't correct. Sims are still staying "more haste" when you are at 13k haste. The way to maximize DPS IMHO is Mastery = Crit and focus on Chi finishers and maximizing TEB with procs if you can.
    So you recommend even lower haste with Ascension? We've already been through this all and we've determined our optimal haste value -with ascension- a long time ago to be around 6-7k. If you use Chi Brew then the optimal haste value is obviously going significantly up.

While true that sims like haste (too) much, it is still relatively easy and accurate to confirm this using a sim.

If you really dont trust sims, then just try it yourself on a dummy, but people should stop blindly doing what other people tell them to.

Well I am torn because i have gotten mixed results on the PTR. I have two configurations that i am going with.. AoE Cleave and Single Target DPS. My AoE Cleave i spec into ASC and found a nice comfortable spot where i can keep RJW up a majority of the time with about 8.4k of haste and 10.7k Crit and about 7.5k Mastery. This seemed to do the most dps on fights like Galarakas etc.. (trinkets are Juju and Rentaki).. Single Target I am torn based on the need for on demand burst. Chi Brew and lower haste with about 9k in mastery seems about right. I may go even lower with haste depending on the movement etc..

One thing i did test that i found intriguing was Power Strikes and the CDR trinket. I plan on messing around with that but i found some synergy between the shortened FoF CD and having the Jab proc 3 chi. One of my highest DPS tests on the dummies was with powerstrikes and that trinket (some of my lowest as well)

I figure WW will be the go to melee for AoE and Cleave duties so i am planning on that being the primary role..

Quote Originally Posted by Greencap View Post
    So you recommend even lower haste with Ascension? We've already been through this all and we've determined our optimal haste value -with ascension- a long time ago to be around 6-7k. If you use Chi Brew then the optimal haste value is obviously going significantly up.

While true that sims like haste (too) much, it is still relatively easy and accurate to confirm this using a sim.

If you really dont trust sims, then just try it yourself on a dummy, but people should stop blindly doing what other people tell them to.
    I never blindly do what people say, and 2 tiers as one of the top monks in the game speaks to that. All I am saying is that a mastery = crit build will most likely be ideal and dropping haste down to 5kish with Ascension will be fine, and 6.5kish with Chi Brew will also be fine. This is what I am going with, and will test it out for a bit.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I never blindly do what people say, and 2 tiers as one of the top monks in the game speaks to that. All I am saying is that a mastery = crit build will most likely be ideal and dropping haste down to 5kish with Ascension will be fine, and 6.5kish with Chi Brew will also be fine. This is what I am going with, and will test it out for a bit.
    /agree

Agil>Haste (6-7k)>Mastery>Crit>Haste(>7k) in T15 with chi brew is what I found to be the most successful single target dps in my own personal testing. But to be honest in all my testing going with Ascension or Chi Brew did not create a major difference as long as you adjust your haste based on the choice(lower with Ascension and 1-2k higher with Chi Brew but Crit and Mastery are both = in that RNG either way will change your dps from one parse to the next. I even got reasonable numbers our of Powerstrikes with Crit>haste(8k)>mastery. The Sims will work it out in the next week or so and what I expect is that Chi brew builds will come out on top due to being able to quickly increase TeB stacks to align TEB with trinkets procs, bloodlust(start or later), and second potion.

Deleted
    Quit. Since I like 1v1 pvp most of all in the game and it seems monks, even though it's the best 1v1 melee class (bar feral druid that no one likes to play), don't stand a chance against mages and hunters, I'm quitting wow as I have none else melee class to play for this purpose and I'm not playing ranged in this game. Sub runs out on the 17th anyway.

As of next patch, it seems the new fotm affliction lock will join mages and huntards in hardcountering ww monks, and I'm not playing another victim class on a pvp server.
    Last edited by mmoc2f5249e93c; 2013-09-10 at 05:21 PM.

Are secondary stats still king thus resulting in yellow gems in yellow sockets or do the 80agi+X gems win?

Quote Originally Posted by nFac View Post
    Are secondary stats still king thus resulting in yellow gems in yellow sockets or do the 80agi+X gems win?
    The 80 agi+Secondary stats will reign supreme buddy!

To echo this: As a terrible player with awful FoF usage, I barely ever find a moment to use my Energizing Brew at 8.3k haste.

I came back for a while and loved WW monk. But now I'm sick of having to relearn this class for the third time and this cocktease bullshit from Lore and GC about how the community sometimes doesn't figure out optimal DPS rotations just rubs it in. Cancelled and expiring on 3rd of October.

Mod note: Please keep posts on topic.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-09-11 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    To echo this: As a terrible player with awful FoF usage, I barely ever find a moment to use my Energizing Brew at 8.3k haste.
    I'm currently rocking ~7450 haste with Chi Brew and i'm able to utilize EB pretty nicely. But I really do think haste level comfortability truly does play a huge factor when taking it all into account