Thread: Mage in 5.4

Deleted

Mage in 5.4

Hello! I'm actually playing a frost mage, around 536 itemlevel, and i'm kind of happy with that. I haven't really been following the changes in 5.4... but before next reset i'm wondering what to do with it. I know frost got changed a bit, but how well does it do with the new raid? Is fire (or arcane maybe?) a better choice in 5.4?
    My alt is a shadow priest (same itemlevel) but i guess mage should still do much more dps even after the changes... correct?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Hello! I'm actually playing a frost mage, around 536 itemlevel, and i'm kind of happy with that. I haven't really been following the changes in 5.4... but before next reset i'm wondering what to do with it. I know frost got changed a bit, but how well does it do with the new raid? Is fire (or arcane maybe?) a better choice in 5.4?
    My alt is a shadow priest (same itemlevel) but i guess mage should still do much more dps even after the changes... correct?
    Thanks in advance.
    Frost is awful, it's tuned around pvp. To answer your questions: Yes, yes, and yes. Fire and Arcane were also better choices in 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not start this thread off with so much negativity in the first reply. It only calls for further arguments. Sauzer please ask your question again in another thread which already discusses the same thing. There are dozens.
    My magic will tear you apart.