Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Evening All,

Please could this log be scrutinized?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...auras&source=9

I understand my Tiger Power uptime is utterly horrendous. However I'm not sure where else I'm going wrong. Note: 95% of the time I tank, this was my first Garrosh heroic kill, I did have 2 fist weapons from Protectors but changed as I got the Polearm Heirloom from Garrosh.

Any criticism greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
    Evening All,

Please could this log be scrutinized?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...auras&source=9

I understand my Tiger Power uptime is utterly horrendous. However I'm not sure where else I'm going wrong. Note: 95% of the time I tank, this was my first Garrosh heroic kill, I did have 2 fist weapons from Protectors but changed as I got the Polearm Heirloom from Garrosh.

Any criticism greatly appreciated.
    The first thing I could see from looking at your logs is that your DPS is almost all single target. You only used 1 Spinning Crane kick throughout the whole fight.

Also your touch of karma use seems very low. In your 9min Garrosh kill you had 1 cast when you could be able to cast it well over 5 times between Iron Star, Heart Phases, Whirl, and Malice ticks. ToK is a good defensive but its an even better offensive and you should not let it sit off CD when you could be absorbing and reflecting lots of damage.

As you said above you have to scroll down to below Tigereye brew and Dancing steel buffs to even find your Tiger Power. This, to be honest, is horrible and its so much lost damage that you would see such a dramatic and easy gain in just tracking it with a weak aura or Tell Me When. I'm trying not to understate how important it is to keep 100% uptime on Tiger Power no matter what but you should really work on this. I will talk about Weak Auras soon you should try them out.

You could also use Energizing Brew more. You had 4 casts on a 9 min and 10 second fight. You should realistically get 7 or 8 off in garrosh between the Cutscene and other events that may delay it but using it half as much as you should have is a good loss in DPS over the fight.

Fists of Fury really needs to be cast more in this log. You hit it once in the whole fight and this is pretty unoptimal. I'm not sure what makes you think you should only use FOF on the pull (the 5 ticks that hit the boss resulted in 1.96mil damage) but trust me its a gain throughout the fight if you can stick to the basic FOF checklist that has been reiterated upon so many times that I think it would be beating a dead horse to list it off again.

Another DPS loss is that you missed out on a lot of RSKs. You cast 48 in a 9:10 fight duration. You do not have any downtime other than going into phase 4 so lets say 30 seconds or so of down time you should have easily hit 65+ RSKs.

Looking at your resources quickly you waste tons of chi on your chibrew casts. You want these to refund full chi with a small exception on the opener (4 chi prepull ---> TP/RSK-->Chibrew x2). You also wasted a lot from jab. So I decided to look up your armory because I had a feeling you have too much haste to handle. You have around 14k Haste, this is manageable by experienced WW monks but it looks as if your struggling and have room to drop some haste.

More on the armory section, TBH I just can't tell what your trying to do with your gems. You have Agi-Haste gems and Agi-Crit gems and that's OK, but you also have a few pure haste and pure Crit and that's just wrong for WW. You mentioned you had different weapons at the time of the kill but currently your under capped on both your Hit and EXP. You also have way too much mastery to be playing WW (I can only assume from your Brewmaster set) so that's something to aim for in itemization.

In summary, you could have had much more damage if you had pressed your AOE spell more than once or had 100% uptime on tiger power. You also are lacking in the FOF department and need to work on proactively using your Cool downs. You may think its fine to stack more haste than you can manage and literally only press BoK RSK and the *occasional* Tiger Palm but to get the best DPS theres so many more things you could be doing.

*Weak Auras:

Weak auras is an addon that can really help you and it can be literally copyed and pasted from other monks who do the work for you.

Here are some of my favorite weak auras (credit to Rotund these are awesome) Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Ue4pbWG1
    Youtube clip of WA in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPVrMucnkU

Just download weak auras 2 and get importing strings that can be found from that link or on the MMOc forums
    Sticky of weak auras: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uras-All-Specs
    Last edited by Dirtdogs; 2014-07-16 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixed few words

Deleted

Arrow

Dirtdogs,

Thanks for the feedback,
    I didnt really bother with aoe at the start as with 2 destro locks a warrior hunter and ele sham by the time I cast storm they were moreorless dead.

I have no excuses for gemming etc as the only overlap is trinkets so I'll sort that tonight. I have loads of weak auras for tanking so will make a tiger power one and track trinkets to get best use of fof etc.

A lot of your other points just involves me being better. All taken on board.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Hi

Was checking my WW monk via Askmrrobot and now it says to replace my Orange gems to pure Agi/Red now, any idea why? Or is AMR derping right now?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    Hi

Was checking my WW monk via Askmrrobot and now it says to replace my Orange gems to pure Agi/Red now, any idea why? Or is AMR derping right now?
    It was "derping" before. AMR was months and months behind and it took several of us posting on their forums to her them to update it. If you were blindly taking AMR as correct before you've been seriously behind the times, now it's most right, just add what haste number you'd like to be around and it does what it should.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    It was "derping" before. AMR was months and months behind and it took several of us posting on their forums to her them to update it. If you were blindly taking AMR as correct before you've been seriously behind the times, now it's most right, just add what haste number you'd like to be around and it does what it should.
    Thank you.

Oh and Babylonius whats your preferred haste (in amount or the number you would personally use/type in AMR/Simcraft) right now?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.

Oh and Babylonius whats your preferred haste (in amount or the number you would personally use/type in AMR/Simcraft) right now?
    I keep mine around 12750, mostly because it's a nice round % and I use FoF regularly. Everyone has their own number based on their play style so find what works for you rather than works for someone else.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Thank you.

The haste answer really depends on what trinkets you have. If you're using an AoC, anything above 10k would be a waste. If aren't using AoC, and you happen to have high ping or aren't completely comfortable with the fast-paced WW rotation, you might want to consider going lower than 13k. If you have AoC, try starting at around 8k and going up by 500 rating increments until you find a place where you aren't energy capping or energy starved for more than a few seconds every minute. Without AoC, start at around 10k and go up by 500 rating increments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I keep mine around 12750, mostly because it's a nice round % and I use FoF regularly. Everyone has their own number based on their play style so find what works for you rather than works for someone else.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    The haste answer really depends on what trinkets you have. If you're using an AoC, anything above 10k would be a waste. If aren't using AoC, and you happen to have high ping or aren't completely comfortable with the fast-paced WW rotation, you might want to consider going lower than 13k. If you have AoC, try starting at around 8k and going up by 500 rating increments until you find a place where you aren't energy capping or energy starved for more than a few seconds every minute. Without AoC, start at around 10k and go up by 500 rating increments.
    Yep, just asking for some baselines and I will adjust accordingly. Thanks for the info too.

Thank you.

In my Opinion the correct haste amount is around 15k due to how much RJW is used. When specced with RJW your effective haste cap is upwards of 18-20k

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    In my Opinion the correct haste amount is around 15k due to how much RJW is used. When specced with RJW your effective haste cap is upwards of 18-20k
    You don't use RJW on the last 4 fights of the expansion, it would be a little silly to gear specifically around the fights that require less DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    You don't use RJW on the last 4 fights of the expansion, it would be a little silly to gear specifically around the fights that require less DPS.
    Looking purely based on DPS, I can see how using RJW would be used on at least the last 3 fights for a DPS increase; Siegecrafter for mines, Paragons for "scumbagging", Garrosh for p1 and Intermission1. (Not sure if Garrosh would be a net DPS gain over the course of the fight though).

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    ehh if you dont have a progression mentality then RJW is used on everything but thok,juggernaut,malkorok, and norushen for maximum dps

ehh if you dont have a progression mentality then RJW is used on everything but thok,juggernaut,malkorok, and norushen for maximum dps
    Max DPS != effective DPS.

Immerseus, Protectors, Galakras, and Spoils are the only bosses where you'd use RJW under all circumstances.

Sha, Shamans if you do Kadris and AoE the slimes or stack them, Nazgrim if you stack him on the adds, and Siegecrafter if you're not on the belt are cases where you could make the case for RJW.

Norushen, IJ, Malkorok, Thok, Paragons, and Garrosh you should not use RJW.

6 fights without RJW all the time, another 3 where the chances that you'll need it are unlikely. That makes 9/14 fights where RJW would be useless. Gearing 15k haste for 5 fights seems kind of outrageous.

Max DPS != effective DPS.

Immerseus, Protectors, Galakras, and Spoils are the only bosses where you'd use RJW under all circumstances.

Sha, Shamans if you do Kadris and AoE the slimes or stack them, Nazgrim if you stack him on the adds, and Siegecrafter if you're not on the belt are cases where you could make the case for RJW.

Norushen, IJ, Malkorok, Thok, Paragons, and Garrosh you should not use RJW.

6 fights without RJW all the time, another 3 where the chances that you'll need it are unlikely. That makes 9/14 fights where RJW would be useless. Gearing 15k haste for 5 fights seems kind of outrageous.
    Progression has been over for 10months for me. The only thing that makes farm bearable is "padding" to see how high I can get my dps. And this far into the tier most other class's do the same thing, its the reason you see warriors always spec bladestorm and rogues go nuts with blade flurry. In which case I use RJW on 10/14 fights

Progression has been over for 10months for me. The only thing that makes farm bearable is "padding" to see how high I can get my dps. And this far into the tier most other class's do the same thing, its the reason you see warriors always spec bladestorm and rogues go nuts with blade flurry. In which case I use RJW on 10/14 fights
    And if your raid is completely progressed, it's unlikely you'll be coming here asking on which bosses one should use RJW and about the proper haste cap. I always assume the person asking the question isn't 14/14h and approach it as such. To intimate that padding is a good thing while progressing can and likely will hinder the progression of the one asking the question.

I've actually been told that Bladestorm is part of the ST rotation for a warrior. Something about cancelling it after a certain tick. I dunno how much truth is in that though.

And if your raid is completely progressed, it's unlikely you'll be coming here asking on which bosses one should use RJW and about the proper haste cap. I always assume the person asking the question isn't 14/14h and approach it as such. To intimate that padding is a good thing while progressing can and likely will hinder the progression of the one asking the question.
    Basically this. I have no clue as to why someone would come to a forum to ask about stats for pure padding purposes, if you're farming 14/14 heroic by now that's not something you'd need to be told how to do. As such it's pretty much always assumed unless stated otherwise that people asking about DPS are asking about raid progression, because honestly you shouldn't need to ask how to play your class if you can kill heroic Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even on Norushen, depending on your strat, it can be a gain. Toward the end of the fight, sure, you can do less dps this way, but ever since it's been on farm, we've been having adds up so much that it doesn't even make sense to not use it.

(Not specifically @ Seren) And if you think it's "scumbagging" on Paragons, then please look at your logs a bit more closely. For myself, just looking at Skeer damage, it does nearly double the amount of damage on Skeer than Xuen does (like nearly 2M vs. under 1M) - that's not even considering the one Chi from proper usage on that fight. I think it's just that we've been taught the mentality that if we ignore targets, that it's just "padding" - something along those lines.

Even during Norushen progression RJW helps with the toughest part of the fight, which is the first few waves. We are just taught that padding meters is bad and RJW = padding, but this isn't always the case.