Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for the advice, I luckily found a way around that problem, replaced the tier helm with Blackened Tiers HC WF and Kogra's Venom-Soaked H with normal tier gloves.
    I wouldn't use tier shoulders because I have HC WF there, too(Crit Mastery, but yeah, Agility difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I luckily found a way around that problem, replaced the tier helm with Blackened Tiers HC WF and Kogra's Venom-Soaked H with normal tier gloves.
    I wouldn't use tier shoulders because I have HC WF there, too(Crit Mastery, but yeah, Agility difference).
    I would say not using shoulders is a big mistake over any of the other remaining tier pieces other than legs unless you're unable to get the H tier shoulders. Chest/gloves you can get HWF from Norushen which give the biggest amount of crit/haste (no wasted stat allotment) where as I don't think there exists a HWF off piece that's crit/haste.

Deleted
    I currently don't even have N tier shoulders and my guild is 11/14, so no H tier shoulders any time soon for me sadly. That said, when I get them I will probably go 4set+Blackened Tears HC WF

Been working on somehow bringing my DPS up and I've been wondering how to calculate my RSK uptime on 25HC Garrosh.

For example, if the total fight time was 11:00 and my Active % was 82.46% (We do the, stand in the back and do nothing strat on TOES phase), should I assume that I should do

11*60=660seconds total / 8 (RSK's CD) = 82.5

Which should be the number of RSKs I SHOULD have if I never miss it and always hit it on CD correct? Or should I be looking at this in a different way or is my understanding of what Uptime means on WarcraftLogs not correct?

Edit: I meant to say 8 is the CD of RSK.
    Last edited by heyitsqi; 2014-09-14 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Made math more clear, doh.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Been working on somehow bringing my DPS up and I've been wondering how to calculate my RSK uptime on 25HC Garrosh.

For example, if the total fight time was 11:00 and my uptime was 82.46% (We do the, stand in the back and do nothing strat on TOES phase), should I assume that I should do

11*60=660seconds total / 8 = 82.5

Which should be the number of RSKs I SHOULD have if I never miss it and always hit it on CD correct? Or should I be looking at this in a different way or is my understanding of what Uptime means on WarcraftLogs not correct?
    The only place Warcraft Logs shows uptime for RSK is the uptime of the debuff on the boss. You want to look at total casts of RSK.

To find the maximum number of RSKs you could have cast, you'd take your active time in the fight in seconds (time not spent AFK in the second transition or waiting for P4 to start) and divide that by 8. Subtract your actual count of casts from that number, and that should tell you how many RSK opportunities that you missed.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-09-14 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    RSK uptime is the uptime of the debuff on the boss. You want to look at total casts of RSK.

Sorry clarified my post. Re-reading it definitely made it sound like I was looking at the Uptime of RSK debuff. I meant Active % on WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Is there some overall DPS advantage to having a flat +60% damage during a massive AP spike or is it just a community love of burst damage?
    I think it it's partly "community love of burst damage." But at least on live, AP value is valued so high that anything that increases it, is a dps plus.

It's too early to say on Beta but it maybe worthwhile to look into Trinket procs and Tigereye Brew when talented into Chi Explosion. The reasoning is that Chi Explosion favors Attack Power A LOT MORE than Serenity or Hurricane Strike (over twice the valuing of secondary stats for ChiEx; while Serenity/Hurricane secondary stats are slightly over half the value of AP)

I looked all over the place for the post you quoted, Hina. It's from about a year ago. Nevertheless, it's still good info.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry clarified my post. Re-reading it definitely made it sound like I was looking at the Uptime of RSK debuff. I meant Active % on WCL
    Pretty sure that the active % also includes the times that you aren't necessarily attacking the boss, but when you have DoTs ticking, pets attacking, etc. Fortunately, WWs don't have much in the way of DoTs except for the BoK DoT that doesn't last long. It's not going to be 100% accurate, but just multiply the fight time in seconds by the percent active time in decimal form, then divide that by 8.

So, for a 10 minute fight with 85% active time, you'd do this:

(10 * 60) * .85 / 8 = 63.75

Then subtract the actual number of RSK casts that Warcraft Logs says you cast from the number above to get the number you missed. Let's say you had 59 casts.

63.75 - 59 = 4.75

It won't be perfect since your actual active % will be a bit lower than your displayed, but it shouldn't be so far off that you can't at least use it as a general guide.

I was going to make a poll but how do most WW's play in regards to key pressing?

Mashing like hell? Having a natural flow (like having muscle memory to just hit a key every GCD instead of spamming)

Someone commented I don't press keys fast enough but I'm mashing as hard as I can (I really should bind BoK to a different key, I feel like I'll wear out this hotkey soon...)

I use AutoHotkey so I can just hold my buttons down instead of mashing them. Probably helps prevent arthritis
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to make a poll but how do most WW's play in regards to key pressing?

Mashing like hell? Having a natural flow (like having muscle memory to just hit a key every GCD instead of spamming)

Someone commented I don't press keys fast enough but I'm mashing as hard as I can (I really should bind BoK to a different key, I feel like I'll wear out this hotkey soon...)
    The general consensus of serious raiders is that you have to rapid press to minimize downtime. The GCD is not the time until you hit the next button, it's the time you have to start spamming the right button. If you think you have it timed with a single key press, you don't, no one is that robotic.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Don't mash hard. Press light and fast.

Deleted
    Hello MMO-champs , here's my question . Is there a possibility to cast 'Storm, Earth, and Fire ' with a mouseover macro ? i'm really in pain with this T.T

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klynwe View Post
    Hello MMO-champs , here's my question . Is there a possibility to cast 'Storm, Earth, and Fire ' with a mouseover macro ? i'm really in pain with this T.T
    Yep!!! The one I use is:

#showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast [@mouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire; Storm, Earth, and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    #showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast [@mouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire; Storm, Earth, and Fire
    I used to use this macro as well. It casts SEF on your mouseover, an if you arn't currently mousing over a valid target it will cast SEF on your current target. Pretty handy!

It worked great, but I found that if I missed my mouseover target, it would cast SEF on the target I was currently attacking, which was a huge pain. (This happened mostly on Garrosh progression.) I would lose GCDs by canceling SEF and casting it again.

I eventually found it easier to just make the macro mouseover only, and take the conditional out.

Also, make sure you have enemy nameplates turned on. It makes it SO much easier to use this macro. I can put clones on mobs that are technically in the LOS of my monk, but that i can only see the nameplates of....basically anytime a wall or ceiling get in between a target and your camera view point.

How exactly do you do openers when your damage is all about the tiger eye brew? You go into a fight with no stacks and trinkets and everything proc but nothing to pair it with. Is that where chi brew comes in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How exactly do you do openers when your damage is all about the tiger eye brew? You go into a fight with no stacks and trinkets and everything proc but nothing to pair it with. Is that where chi brew comes in?
    Yes, you tend to want to pop CB as quickly as possible without wasting Chi. Other than that WW will never be as good as many other classes on the opener unless you get a lot of crits and good CB luck for a quick 10 stack. It can happen but it's rng

I recently came back to the game and I've been researching ww monk things, and have heard conflicting strategies for Tigereye Brew use. I've heard everything from popping it as soon as you hit 10 stacks, saving it until 16+ stacks for trinket procs, saving it for trinket procs and using as many stacks as you have even if you didn't have 10, etc. I've been trying to test it on dummies and fights myself but don't have enough tests under my belt yet to come to any conclusion on my own.

Any tips? I feel silly for even asking :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I recently came back to the game and I've been researching ww monk things, and have heard conflicting strategies for Tigereye Brew use. I've heard everything from popping it as soon as you hit 10 stacks, saving it until 16+ stacks for trinket procs, saving it for trinket procs and using as many stacks as you have even if you didn't have 10, etc. I've been trying to test it on dummies and fights myself but don't have enough tests under my belt yet to come to any conclusion on my own.

Any tips? I feel silly for even asking :P
    Use TEB when trinkets proc or you're above 16 stacks. Some people will suggest only using it above 10 stacks but I think the difference between using it any time trinkets proc regardless of stacks or only above 10 is negligible. Most of the time you should get above 10 stacks between trinkets unless they proc back to back or super out of sync.

Yay I was doing the right thing- thanks so much!