Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Hey guys.

    So i decided to dust off my monk and play a little in windwalker spec. I watched some guides however there are few things that bother me.

    First is fist of fury. I found channeling ability as a melle very annoying for me, how much less dps i'll do ignoring it at at least for now.
    Second thing is haste, This guide said 8k is good number to go, thing is i got near 9k now and i still have alot of downtimes when i just wait fo energy to use jab.
    Armory link? Logs? Ascension/Chi Brew?
    Are you using energizing brew?
    Do you have a 10 percent melee haste buff in your raid group?
    Just because the guide says 8-9k haste doesn't mean you should run with it, some people are comfortable with more and some are comfortable with less
    Fists of fury is a dps increase if used correctly, add ons help with usage as its only under certain conditions.
    Forget junk, my panda's got FUNK!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

  2. #202
    So I just got my 4pc with no AoC, and from what I understand, stat priority shifts to mastery before crit as this point, correct?

  3. #203
    Pandaren Monk Hinalover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    So I just got my 4pc with no AoC, and from what I understand, stat priority shifts to mastery before crit as this point, correct?
    It starts to favor mastery more than it already does but crit still wins out.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It starts to favor mastery more than it already does but crit still wins out.
    Danke danke, so pretty much no real change from previous stat priorities?

  5. #205
    Moderator Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Hey guys.

    So i decided to dust off my monk and play a little in windwalker spec. I watched some guides however there are few things that bother me.

    First is fist of fury. I found channeling ability as a melle very annoying for me, how much less dps i'll do ignoring it at at least for now.
    Second thing is haste, This guide said 8k is good number to go, thing is i got near 9k now and i still have alot of downtimes when i just wait fo energy to use jab.
    There isn't some magic number that will be how much YOU will lose by ignoring FoF. However, if you have a lot of downtime with 9k haste, assuming you're using EB on CD, then you should be working in FoF so that you don't have any downtime. Its a balancing act that must be reached for each player. If you have downtime waiting to use Jab, then try to anticipate those and fit a FoF in beforehand so that you're doing some damage during your downtime rather than doing nothing.
    - - Monk Class Forum Moderator - -
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | WoWHeroes | Ascent

  6. #206
    Hello there.

    Out of all the trinks I could've gotten I ended up with WF N Sigil of Rampage. Question is, is it much (if any) improvement on single target fights over 530 Juju or Renataki's? Mr Robot puts it under juju, but it has AoC as BiS and Renataki over TED so I'm not sure I can trust that...

    I can't sim it atm, but I'd like to know before I get home, if it's minor difference I'll trade it to a kitty who was in the group. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    Hello there.

    Out of all the trinks I could've gotten I ended up with WF N Sigil of Rampage. Question is, is it much (if any) improvement on single target fights over 530 Juju or Renataki's? Mr Robot puts it under juju, but it has AoC as BiS and Renataki over TED so I'm not sure I can trust that...

    I can't sim it atm, but I'd like to know before I get home, if it's minor difference I'll trade it to a kitty who was in the group. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
    Well Mr. Robot also thinks that BiS means gemming Agi/Crit in red sockets. It's clearly wrong in just about everything, the only thing that website is good for is as a reforge bot but only if you input your own stat weights (lol @ 9350 haste with AoC, which isn't even BiS).

    Per your actual question though, the proc on a 530 Bad Juju is worth roughly 1464 Agi, while the proc on a 567 Sigil is worth roughly 2365 Agi, and the difference of 900 Agi is wayyyyy more DPS than the 1581 mastery from Bad Juju, and that's only amplified by the fact that WW gets to use TEB with procs. 37 ilvls is kind of a big difference when it comes to straight stats.
    Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Mistweaver enthusiast and theorycrafter.

  8. #208
    Is it worth downgrading from 574 gloves and 574 legs to 548 gloves and 548 legs for the 4-piece?

    I haven't seen anyone comment on how strong the WW T16 4-piece is yet.

  9. #209
    Is the WW T16-4p really worth it? Or take hc wf and 2p?

    And my other question is: I read a lot of guides and Total's Tea Talk, but there is one point i don't unterstand... why the fuck are the worlds highest sim-dps WW monks (according to wowprogress) stucking such big amounts of haste? Only because of Chi-Brew?

    Is there a really good BIS-list for WW? Someone said Ask Mr. Robot is not right.

    It would be nice if someone could answer my questions

  10. #210
    T16-4p: Most theorycrafters say it's worth it, though it's not that much of a difference. You'll most likely don't see a big jump in your DPS when getting it, and when you can get your hands on some warforged items (probably even with better secondary stats) it becomes even smaller. Though it always depends on the situation, e.g. I'll go most likely to 2p and offset items first, because many other classes have better set boni, and it's not that useful taking the set before them.

    To haste: Simulations overvalue haste most of the time, because they usually take almost perfect playstyle and almost 0 lag into account. In reality, that's not very often. Especially in 25-man, where input lag can sometimes be at 1s or higher, most of that haste will go to "waste" because you're GCD capped at lower values.
    As to why many WWs reforge for haste: It depends on the boss and RJW usage, in my opinion. Because a RJW replaces a Jab, and gives 1 Chi less and no chance of Combo Breaker procs, the haste softcap is higher. Much higher, because the more haste you get, the more often you can press RJW.

    To BIS-lists: There is one of Reqfu on the forums here. Can't really say anything about it, since I didn't look at it yet.
    Last edited by Forsta; 2013-10-15 at 01:48 PM.

  11. #211
    Moderator Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    As to why many WWs reforge for haste: It depends on the boss and RJW usage, in my opinion. Because a RJW replaces Jab, and gives 1 Chi less and no chance of Combo Breaker procs, the haste softcap is higher. Much higher, because the more haste you get, the more often you can press RJW.
    RJW replaces SCK, not Jab. You can, and should, still jab and follow your normal rotation while keeping RJW up. High end WW monks stack so much haste because that's how much may be required to stop from being energy starved while using FoF much less or to keep RJW up during a normal rotation.
    - - Monk Class Forum Moderator - -
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | WoWHeroes | Ascent

  12. #212
    Ah, nice. It's only for RJW.

    Now, the only thing i need is a nearly 100% reliable BIS-list.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    RJW replaces SCK, not Jab. You can, and should, still jab and follow your normal rotation while keeping RJW up. High end WW monks stack so much haste because that's how much may be required to stop from being energy starved while using FoF much less or to keep RJW up during a normal rotation.
    Oh, I forgot an "a" there before Jab, sorry for the confusion. Fixed it in the post above.

  14. #214
    Question to 12/14+ HC SoO WW Monks:

    We hit siegecrafter yesterday and I got set to belt duty. I have a hard time going over 5.5m dmg on the item we're killing taking optimal movement into account.

    Does anyone have any tips for doing the Conveyor Belt as WW on HC?

  15. #215
    Save CDs/Chi Brew for the belt. Abuse transcedance, get there early, etc.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    To haste: Simulations overvalue haste most of the time, because they usually take almost perfect playstyle and almost 0 lag into account. In reality, that's not very often. Especially in 25-man, where input lag can sometimes be at 1s or higher, most of that haste will go to "waste" because you're GCD capped at lower values.
    As to why many WWs reforge for haste: It depends on the boss and RJW usage, in my opinion. Because a RJW replaces a Jab, and gives 1 Chi less and no chance of Combo Breaker procs, the haste softcap is higher. Much higher, because the more haste you get, the more often you can press RJW.
    My guild did normal Thok Patchwerk style yesterday and I found myself energy starved for ~5 seconds between each EB usage even with 10.5k Haste.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m7...s=9826&e=10073

  17. #217
    Moderator Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    My guild did normal Thok Patchwerk style yesterday and I found myself energy starved for ~5 seconds between each EB usage even with 10.5k Haste.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m7...s=9826&e=10073
    4 min fight, used EB 3 times, could be used another time if you were using it on CD. You also used FoF only once by my counting, completely forsaking this spell will leave you starved, specially on a Patchwerk fight where it is easier to use it closer to the optimal way.
    - - Monk Class Forum Moderator - -
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | WoWHeroes | Ascent

  18. #218
    I just wrote a post about the haste cap, suffice it to say that it varies quite a bit, although 10.5k haste with Ascension on single target DPS should leave you quite GCD capped unless you're skipping EBs and not using FoF.
    Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Mistweaver enthusiast and theorycrafter.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I just wrote a post about the haste cap, suffice it to say that it varies quite a bit, although 10.5k haste with Ascension on single target DPS should leave you quite GCD capped unless you're skipping EBs and not using FoF.
    Hold up. Then where did the "9350 haste cap" figure come from that's all over the internet?
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶W̶o̶D̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶d̶d̶e̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶g̶l̶a̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶z̶z̶i̶n̶o̶t̶h̶.̶
    RIP Sweet Prince...

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hold up. Then where did the "9350 haste cap" figure come from that's all over the internet?
    Who knows? That's certainly not with Chi Brew and Fists of Fury. I'm certainly not capped at 9k rating. Like a lot of other "common knowledge" about WW it seems like a myth that spread without any solid backing.
    Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Mistweaver enthusiast and theorycrafter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •