Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Sorry if this question has been asked to death, but can anyone tell me how much of a DPS increase 2pc is for us at the moment? Fairly low ilvl gear, mix of Flex/LFR.

    Just starting normals!

  2. #342
    Bloodsail Admiral Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Sorry if this question has been asked to death, but can anyone tell me how much of a DPS increase 2pc is for us at the moment? Fairly low ilvl gear, mix of Flex/LFR.

    Just starting normals!
    ~2% or so. The better the rest of your gear the more damage it does.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Disclaimer: "Opener" doesn't mean anything significant for WW, it's just a time with 4k extra Agility and 2 guaranteed trinket procs for us. Doing anything better or worse in this time wouldn't even result in a +/- 0.5% difference.

    That said, time spent generating TEB while trinket procs are dwindling is time wasted. I personally RSK/TP CBCB (effectively wasting chi , yes, but you'd have to wait a good 10-15 seconds at the start of a fight for CB to not be wasting chi or energy) and TEB right away (and yes RSK before TP is less damage than TP before RSK but if you RSK second the 2nd RSK will not be up by the time trinkets fall off) and pop off a Fists of Fury (if Hero/Lust at the start because infinite energy anyways, if not Jab/BoK as normal).

    It's not terribly difficult math, the only real comparisons here are [difference from RSK w/o TP + difference from 2nd RSK getting trinket proc Agi] and acknowledging that FoF is more DPS than BoKs if energy regen is not an issue and it wouldn't run into an RSK CD (which obviously are automatic if lust is at the start and you're using FoF right after RSK).
    This is why I love being a Blood Elf--the hugely underrated Arcane Torrent. 4 stacks on pull, RSK/TP, AT>BoK, CBCB etc... It seems mediocre due to it's cooldown time but it always seems to line up with something in a clutch. Comes in handy greatly in SoO for the aoe silence as well!
    Not to mention we look the best in robes. Just sayin...

  4. #344
    I just got the WF AOC from sha of pride. I know it's not that good and I have normal WF haromms and normal WF TED. I think it the WF AOC might be better than normal WF TED because of the proc? What do you guys think? (I do not use FoF that often, like twice in a fight or so...)

  5. #345
    Bloodsail Admiral Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I just got the WF AOC from sha of pride. I know it's not that good and I have normal WF haromms and normal WF TED. I think it the WF AOC might be better than normal WF TED because of the proc? What do you guys think? (I do not use FoF that often, like twice in a fight or so...)
    If you're comparing 559 AoC to 559 Haromms and 559 TeD the general thought would be to use Haromms and TeD. TeD's proc isn't as easy to use but the stats are useful. I personally use AoC because the other 2 haven't dropped yet, but theorycrafting says AoC isn't as good as the other two if you're not using FoF to its best.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

  6. #346
    Hello please I have a question - is there any "magic" number for mastery? Currently most of my gear is with haste/creit so I was sitting on 3500 mastery (unbuffed) but it seems quite low for me (so I reforged some haste and crit into mastery). I read somewhere that I should aim on some mastery and then prefer crit however I cant find that topic. My armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rinji/advanced

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    If you're comparing 559 AoC to 559 Haromms and 559 TeD the general thought would be to use Haromms and TeD. TeD's proc isn't as easy to use but the stats are useful. I personally use AoC because the other 2 haven't dropped yet, but theorycrafting says AoC isn't as good as the other two if you're not using FoF to its best.
    Oops, i forgot to say the wf aoc is actually heroic wf. So I'm comparing 580 aoc to 567 harroms and 567 ted

  8. #348
    Bloodsail Admiral Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Oops, i forgot to say the wf aoc is actually heroic wf. So I'm comparing 580 aoc to 567 harroms and 567 ted
    In that case I'd personally go with the HWF AoC and WF Haromms. I am a little bigger on AoC than many of the others so someone may disagree with me.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by jirkamcz View Post
    Hello please I have a question - is there any "magic" number for mastery? Currently most of my gear is with haste/creit so I was sitting on 3500 mastery (unbuffed) but it seems quite low for me (so I reforged some haste and crit into mastery). I read somewhere that I should aim on some mastery and then prefer crit however I cant find that topic. My armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rinji/advanced
    It depends on what you're looking for. Strictly speaking straight crit is more DPS per point than mastery even at 50% crit and 0 mastery, but with 0 mastery you might be a little short on TEB when it comes to double RPPM trinkets as well as fight mechanics. Whatever is leftover typically leaves you at a good place as long as you're haste capped at 11-12k haste. A point to keep in mind is that more haste actually increases TEB generation as well as all of your other damage (via using abilities more), so favoring mastery at all before haste cap is a DPS loss. The only point of contention is what happens if you have both T16 4p and over 60% crit, at which point mastery and crit come very close together. Below haste cap though and outside of that specific circumstance mastery is undoubtedly the lowest DPS stat.
    Theorycrafting is on hold until the WoD beta is far enough along for number tuning to happen.

  10. #350
    Hello Totaltotemic!
    first of all thaks for your awesome blog! Regular reader here :-). I'm playing WW monk from 5.0 and I used to be quite good DPS in our 10 man raid in all tiers (well I topped T15 cos of RoRO) but in T16 I have big DPS issues (everyone is beating me on pure single target fight) so I have to do something wrong (or have wrong stats) And since our stats are dependent on equiped gear and I'm no fan of simcrafting its hard to regem/reforge whole gear and after that on dummy fight find out if this build is better then another (well and costs for gemming are awful on our realm).
    Well back to my original question :-) so far I have around 9k hase and I was quite ok with that (yeah on some fights I'm energy starved) but if you say its better to go for more haste I trust you one question though - on most fights I use ascencion (now I'm speced chi brew cos of Thok) 11-12k is with CB or with asc? Also DO you think its better to go 11k haste 12k crit and 3k mastery then 9k haste 11k crit 6k mastery?
    If you want some deep reading here are our guild WOL (well on some fights I'm really low cos in our raid I'll usually do all shitty work so our "good" dps can focus only on DPSing).
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/208902/

    Thanks a lot for feedback I really apreciated that :-)

    Edit: I just realised that I missed your CB post after hotfix. After I read that maybe that my lower DPS issue. Now I get is why to go on 11-12k haste. However I'm afraid that I'll be TEB stack starved without mastery.
    Last edited by jirkamcz; 2013-11-08 at 07:09 AM.

  11. #351
    The only reason Chi Brew is so good is the massive amount of TEB it gives anyways. If you move up to the Chi Brew cap for haste, even if every point of those stats came out of mastery, you'll still end up with more TEB than before simply because Chi Brew gives so much.
    Theorycrafting is on hold until the WoD beta is far enough along for number tuning to happen.

  12. #352
    Well maybe noob question but CB should be used on CD? or on trinket proc when I dont have TEB (I guess that sitting on 2 stacks is DPS loss). Also if I have low mastery isnt CB worse? cos no extra proc?

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by jirkamcz View Post
    Well maybe noob question but CB should be used on CD? or on trinket proc when I dont have TEB (I guess that sitting on 2 stacks is DPS loss). Also if I have low mastery isnt CB worse? cos no extra proc?
    Use both stacks at beginning of fight to get as much TEB stacks aligned with the Hero/Lust then never let it reach 2 stacks you can sit on 1 stack to use with a trinket proc but keep at least 1 stack on cool down at all times. Loose mastery completely in gear/reforge/gem/enchants with the raid buff you should be over 50% anyhow which is all you need. Chi Brew, Hit/EXP cap > Agility > Haste to 11-12k = Crit to 60k > White hit cap = Mastery.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Senusret View Post
    Hit/EXP cap > Agility > Haste to 11-12k = Crit to 60k > White hit cap = Mastery.
    Hm, those are some dangerous equals signs there, not sure why you'd include them. Haste is undoubtedly better than any amount of crit, Crit doesn't diminish past white hit cap or mastery just because it loses 15% of its value from not being able to give more AA crits, and white hit wasn't even better than mastery when we had Combo Breaker as a mastery, like it's not even close. It's more like Hit/Exp caps > Agi > 11-12k Haste > Crit > more haste > Mastery >>>>>>>>> More hit.
    Theorycrafting is on hold until the WoD beta is far enough along for number tuning to happen.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Hm, those are some dangerous equals signs there, not sure why you'd include them. Haste is undoubtedly better than any amount of crit, Crit doesn't diminish past white hit cap or mastery just because it loses 15% of its value from not being able to give more AA crits, and white hit wasn't even better than mastery when we had Combo Breaker as a mastery, like it's not even close. It's more like Hit/Exp caps > Agi > 11-12k Haste > Crit > more haste > Mastery >>>>>>>>> More hit.
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your contribution for WW community! Keep it rolling!

  16. #356
    A Question regarding to weapons. I'm currently using normal (553) and flex (540) versions of Softfoot's last resort and last night I recived WF (559) polearm from Malkorok. Should I start using the polearm or stick with the DW? From what I gathered from the OP it's bit so-so, so any more insight would be appreciated.

  17. #357
    Bloodsail Admiral Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithii View Post
    A Question regarding to weapons. I'm currently using normal (553) and flex (540) versions of Softfoot's last resort and last night I recived WF (559) polearm from Malkorok. Should I start using the polearm or stick with the DW? From what I gathered from the OP it's bit so-so, so any more insight would be appreciated.
    You should be fine to switch to the WF Polearm provided you are not overcapping hit/exp and thus wasting stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzaka712 View Post
    As a Windwalker Monk, you will always want to dual-wield 2.6-speed weapons. The only exception to this rule is when you have a two-handed weapon that is of higher item level than your two one-handed weapons (about 6 or 7 item levels higher than the average item level of your two one-handed weapons).
    You're average weapon item level is 547, so its over a 12 item level upgrade.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

  18. #358
    I have concerns on Fist of Fury. My simmed dps says 270 but I was only pulling 220k-240k. Following rotation stated by every Ww guide. I looked at the other WW in my raid group who was equal gear but doing a little higher dps, 260-280. Blackout kick was his highest damage, I checked and he doesn't even use Fists. So I dropped it from my rotation and did BK more, my dps went up to 280-300. So is FoF really needed in the rotation or whats going on?

    Also, how trust worthy is Mr. Robot? Ive heard mixed things. It tells me to gem my gear Red> Agil/Crit, Yellow> Crit.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-11-15 at 03:11 AM.

  19. #359
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have concerns on Fist of Fury. My simmed dps says 270 but I was only pulling 220k-240k. Following rotation stated by every Ww guide. I looked at the other WW in my raid group who was equal gear but doing a little higher dps, 260-280. Blackout kick was his highest damage, I checked and he doesn't even use Fists. So I dropped it from my rotation and did BK more, my dps went up to 280-300. So is FoF really needed in the rotation or whats going on?

    Also, how trust worthy is Mr. Robot? Ive heard mixed things. It tells me to gem my gear Red> Agil/Crit, Yellow> Crit.
    Fists of Fury is kind of tricky. It can hurt you if you use it at the wrong time, but it can help you if you use it well.

    For AMR you need to change your stat weights for agi to be 2x crit, basically. But, yah, I've seen monks gem either way and it's a very negligible difference.

  20. #360
    The Patient pattison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    244
    FoF is worth it if you don't cap energy; lose TP buff; cut into a RSK CD. It does snapshot Agi though which means you can nicely line it up at the end of the trinket proc. However you still want what I previously stated to be true for it to be totally worth it. It's a DPS increase to use it properly - just that using it properly requires a fair bit of timing and also that nothing else causes you to have to move.

    For example this tier, you probably won't use it on: Immerseus, Protectors, Malkorok(or very little), Spoils, Klaxxi. The rest of the bosses allow you to use it - just need to plan ahead so you won't have to move.

    I don't agree with the whole 2-3% DPS gain I think it's a lot larger as you can use it to extend trinket procs. I find it incredibly useful on single target fights like Iron Juggernaut, Norushen and Thok.
    Last edited by pattison; 2013-11-15 at 04:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •