OP last updated:
June 04, 2014 (pre Alpha invites)
Discussion thread still healthy / alive, but OP is now increasingly out-of-date / out-of-sync with current state of Alpha/Beta.
Originally Posted by BlizzardKnown changes coming in WoD
(updated with new patch notes)
New abilities in WoD
- Gained automatically, one per level, while leveling 90-100.
- Renewing Mist duration increased by 2 sec.
- Surging Mist healing increased by 20%.
- Soothing Mist healing increased by 20%.
- Expel Harm damaged and healing increased by 20%.
- Life Cocoon cooldown reduced by 20 sec.
- Roll now travels the same distance in 25% less time.
- Transcendence cooldown lowered by 35 sec. Transcendence: Transfer now instant cast.
- Blackout Kick damage increased by 20%.
- Tiger Palm damage increased by 20%.
Level 100 Talent Choices
- Breath of the Serpent: Your Jade Serpent Statue breathes healing mists toward you, healing allies in a cone within 20 yards for XXXX every 1 sec, split evenly between them. Lasts 10 sec. Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
- Chi Explosion: Replaces Blackout Kick. Consumes up to 4 Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy, causing additional effects based on Chi consumed. 1 Chi, 40 yd range, 1.5 second cast. (Instant cast in Crane Stance)
- Does different things in Crane (see below).
- 1+ Chi: Heals an ally for XXXX plus XXXX per Chi consumed.
- 2+ Chi: Healed allies also receive an additional 50% healing over 6 sec.
- 3+ Chi: The single-target healing also splits evenly between all allies within 8 yards of the target.
- 4 Chi: Also summons 8 Healing Spheres in an 8 yard radius ring around the target that last 15 sec.
- Still 40 yard range.
- 1+ Chi: Deals Nature damage to an enemy equal to XXXX + XXXX per Chi consumed.
- 2+ Chi: Heals yourself for XXXX + XXXX per Chi consume.
- 3+ Chi: All allies within ??? yards of you are healed for the same amount.
- 4 Chi: Also summons 8 Healing Spheres in an 0 yard radius ring around you that last 15 sec.
- Path of Mists : While in combat, you leave a trail of healing spheres behind you as you move, spaced 3 yards apart. These healing spheres last 15 sec.
- New baseline ability for MW.
- Detonate Chi: Instantly detonate all of your Healing Spheres, causing each of them to heal a nearby ally within 12 yards of the sphere. 10 sec cooldown.
Readinesss has been removed.
New stat replaces it: Versatility. Simply increases Damage, Healing, Absorbs by 1%, and reduces your damage taken by 0.5%, per XXXX rating.
- Wise Serpent Stance can no longer cause Eminence healing. It is for traditional, ranged casting of heals.
- New stance, Spirited Crane, allows Eminence.
- Crane Stance has much lower healing output than Serpent Stance. Intended to be "in the middle" between a healer's HPS and a damage spec's DPS.
- You can change stance any time during combat, but it costs 1 GCD and you lose all of your current Chi.
- You no longer convert Spellpower to Attack Power in Serpent Stance, meaning any abilities that scale from AP will do very poor damage outside Crane.
- Crane Stance grants you Attack Power equal to Spellpower.
- Both stances are categorized as "Melee" for the purpose of raid fight mechanics, ability targeting, etc.
Fistweaving Ability changes
- Xuen always triggers healing with his attacks, no matter what Stance you're in.
- SCK now only heals allies while in Serpent Stance. SCK does not damage enemies while in Serpent Stance.
- Enveloping Mist, Renewing Mist, Soothing Mist, and Uplift can only be cast in Serpent Stance.
- Mistweavers can now use Rising Sun Kick. RSK does not cause Mortal Strike debuff.
- Crackling Jade Lightning is now a 4-second channel (down from 6 seconds) in Serpent Stance, and a 1.5 second channel (down from 4 seconds) in Crane Stance.
- Blackout Kick, Jab, RSK, and Tiger Palm can only be cast in Crane Stance.
- Tiger Strikes now causes a Multistrike buff to trigger from your autoattacks. Tiger Strikes does not trigger in Serpent Stance.
Rotation (these effects only apply in Crane Stance!)
- Eminence now heals for 35% of your damage done. Your Serpent Statue also heals a target within 20 yards for 35% of your damage done. (total 70% of damage done)
- Serpent's Zeal removed. Your autoattacks always trigger Eminence healing while in Crane stance.
- Vital Mists: Every 1 Chi you spend grants a stack of Vital Mist. Still reduces cast time and Mana cost of next Surging Mist by 20% per stack. Surging Mist is better now.™
- Blackout Kick: Blackout Kick always damages only one target. The Eminence caused by BOK splits and heals up to 4 targets for 15% of the ST damage BOK caused. (So 60% of your BOK's damage distributed across 4 targets, or 120% / 4 = 30% of BOK's damage per target if Statue is within range)
- Crane's Zeal: Blackout Kick grants you Crane's Zeal, increasing your critical strike chance by 20% for 10 sec. Buff removed if you enter Serpent Stance.
- Crackling Jade Lightning: Channels 150% faster, generates 1 Chi each time it deals damage. Not rotational for Crane — intended as the "Flash Heal" of Fistweaving: high Chi gen, but unsustainable Mana cost.
- ROTATION SUMMARY: Keep Tiger Power, Crane Zeal, and RSK debuff (on enemy) up. Spend Chi on BOK (AoE healing) or Tiger Palm (ST). RSK on CD. Stay in melee range (autoattacking) at all times. Keep your Statue within 20 yards of injured people.
- The Mistweaver GCD is now 1.5 seconds.
- Stance of the Wise Serpent no longer increases Haste from items by 50%.
- Haste now reduces the global cooldown of Mistweaver abilities.
- Uplift and Chi Explosion (level 100 talent) have a 1.5s cast time.
- Chi Explosion is instant in Crane Stance.
- MW mana regen will be nerfed, redesigned, and controlled.
- MW is intended to care about Spirit and Mana in WoD.
- Baseline mana regen for all healers will be buffed heavily and scaling from Spirit/gear reduced. Healers in newbie gear will not feel as punished as they have in past expansions (ie, no repeats of the Cataclysm OOM nightmares while gearing up).
- However, you are still intended to gain more spell selection freedom with more Spirit (eg, @Celestalon has stated you're intended to use Surging Mist more frequently as you get better gear), so gear with Spirit will still 'matter'.
- Mana Tea still exists, is stilled channeled, and still builds stacks when you spend Chi.
- Glyph of Mana Tea still exists, as an alternative to channeling (but a GCD burden).
- Crackling Jade Lightning now generates 1 stack of Mana Tea in Serpent Stance, if you finish channeling it in Serpent Stance (4 second channel). YO SERP, WE HEARD YOU LIEK CHANKIPZ SO WE PUT CHANNELING IN YOUR CHANNEL SO YOU CAN CHANNEL WHILE YOU CHANNEL
- CJL no longer costs Mana in Serpent.
- Soothing Mist and Renewing Mist are planned as examples of low-mana-cost spells that take a longer time to work (Soothing because it's slow, Renewing because it's a heal-over-time).
- Surging Mist will be the "fast-casting, expensive" alternative to Soothing, like Heal vs. Flash Heal for a priest.
- SCK will be be an expensive, high-throughput AoE healing tool.
- Resuscitate (Monk out-of-combat rez) now costs only 4% Base Mana (ie, very cheap).
- Crackling Jade Lightning no longer generates Chi in Serpent Stance.
- Soothing Mist no longer generates Chi.
- Surging Mist, Renewing Mist, Expel Harm, Spinning Crane Kick (3+ targets), and Jab (Crane Stance only) are now MW's only Chi sources.
- The talented CD Chi Brew still generates Chi for MW.
- You are intended to gain more Chi generation as you gear up, by gaining more Mana Regen (via Spirit), allowing you to cast Surging Mist more. Surging is now your only no-CD source of Chi.
- The ability "Healing Sphere", that targeted the ground and created a sphere, has been removed.
- Other abilities and Mastery still generate spheres.
- Spheres that expire now heal an ally within 12yd (up from 6yds) for 100% of the healing the sphere would have done when if it had been picked up (up from 50%).
- It is no longer possible for anyone to use up excessive spheres by touching them at high health. Only enough spheres to heal you (without overhealing) will be consumed.
- Now our primary ST healing spell; heals significantly more per tick.
- Soothing no longer generates Chi.
- No longer heals immediately on cast (you must channel for at least 1 second — spamming it will do no healing).
- Soothing does not consume Mana until the first tick.
- Soothing now has a 0.5 second baseline GCD, but also has a 1.0 second cooldown. This means you can very quickly follow Soothing with another spell (eg, Surging for a Flash Heal analogue).
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue still duplicates your Soothing Mist on someone within 20 yards of the statue, if in Serpent Stance.
- Also still causes your Eminence to be duplicated within 20 yards of the statue (Crane Stance only).
- Statue CD is now 10s (down from 30s).
- Now our 'Flash Heal' equivalent and intended to actually be used.
- Also now MW's primary Chi generator (outside ReM & Expel cooldowns).
- Weaker than MoP, but also much cheaper.
- The intent is essentially that every Surging should be cast during a Soothing Mist channel (so the 'actual' size of our Flash Heal is Surging + 1 Soothing tick).
- For multiple targets that need Flashing: Soothe → 0.5s GCD → Surge (instant under Soothe) → wait out Surge GCD (1.5s, lowered by Haste) → Soothe next target.
- Total time to Flash one target: 0.5s (duration of Soothe GCD).
- Total time between Flashing different targets: 2.0s (zero Haste, 1.5s Surge GCD) to 1.5s (50% Haste, 1.0s Surge GCD).
- This makes Surge the fastest Flash Heal for sudden/unexpected healing spikes, and the slowest Flash Heal for chaining between multiple targets in succession.
Other ST tools
- Renewing Mist (still jumps at random, still 8s CD)
- Enveloping Mist (still 3 Chi, healing buffed significantly from its already large amount in MoP)
- Life Cocoon (still functions same way, absorb effect buffed significantly)
AoE/Multi-Target healing and "Smart Heals"
- Spinning Crane Kick (primary tool for stacked AoE) or Rushing Jade Wind (mana cost significantly increased)
- Uplift (works same way it does in MoP / 5.4)
- "Smart" heals have been nerfed, and no longer deliberately try to heal the lowest-health players. The devs want to put more emphasis on the player actually choosing their healing targets.
- Instead, 'smart' heals will just randomly heal any damaged player.
- Smart heals include SCK, T30 Chi talents, Eminence, Sphere detonations, etc.
Thunder Focus Tea
- Thunder Focus Tea now causes the next Renewing Mist to jump up to 4 times (used to cause the next Uplift to refresh the duration of Renewing Mists on all targets).
- TFT can still be used on Surging Mist instead (still doubles the healing).
- TFT is still a 45s CD.
- TFT no longer costs 1 Chi (ie, it's free).
- All Leather armor is now shared. It will grant Agility for Brewmaster/Windwalker and Intellect for Mistweaver.
- Accessories (Cloak, Neck, Rings, Trinkets) will have role-specific stats. This means you will need different accessories for each spec (MW will want Spirit accessories).
- Grapple Weapon has been removed (for all Monks).
- Disable has been removed (for Mistweavers).
- Ring of Peace no longer Silences or Disarms enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage.
- Spear Hand Strike no longer Silences the target if they’re facing the Monk.
- Fierce Tiger Stance has been removed. Windwalkers-only now. No one cares, since we never used it anyway.