OP last updated:
June 04, 2014 (pre Alpha invites)
Discussion thread still healthy / alive, but OP is now increasingly out-of-date / out-of-sync with current state of Alpha/Beta.
Originally Posted by BlizzardKnown changes coming in WoD
(updated with new patch notes)
New abilities in WoD
- Gained automatically, one per level, while leveling 90-100.
- Elusive Brew now increases dodge chance by an additional 5%.
- Your Breath of Fire spell now always applies its damage over time effect to the target.
- Guard now has 2 charges.
- Stamina bonus of Stance of the Sturdy Ox increased by 20%.
- Dizziying Haze no longer has an energy cost.
- Roll now travels the same distance in 25% less time.
- The cooldown of Transcendence is lowered by 35 sec, and Transcendence: Transfer is now instant cast.
- Damage of Keg Smash increased by 20%.
- Damage of Blackout Kick increased by 20%.
Level 100 Talent Choices
- Soul Dance: Passive. 30% of your normal Stagger amount works against magic damage.
- Chi Explosion: Replaces Blackout Kick. Consumes up to 4 Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy, causing additional effects based on Chi consumed. 1 Chi, 40 yd range, Instant.
- 1+ Chi: Deals Nature damage to an enemy equal to XXXX plus XXXX per Chi consumed.
- 2+ Chi: You also gain Shuffle for 2 sec plus 2 sec per Chi consumed.
- 3+ Chi: Also purifies all of your Staggered damage.
- 4 Chi: Also damages all enemies within 8 yards of the target.
- Chi Serenity: For 10 seconds, all Chi consumptions are instantly refilled. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
- Expel Harm: Expel Harm's energy cost is reduced by XXXX while your health is below 35%.
- Keg Smash: Increases the range on Keg Smash by XXXX yards.
- Victory Roll: You gain XXXX charges of Roll or Chi Torpedo whenever you kill a target that grants experience or honor.
- Freedom Roll: Your Roll, Chi Torpedo, and Flying Serpent Kick abilities dispel all snares affecting you when used.
Other new abilities
- Surging Mist: Now available to Brewmasters. Costs 30 Energy. 1.5 second cast. Does not generate Chi. No cooldown.
- Brewmasters can now cast the 5% Crit buff.
Readinesss has been removed.
New stat replaces it: Versatility. Simply increases Damage, Healing, Absorbs by 1%, and reduces your damage taken by 0.5%, per XXXX rating.
Removed abilities (GONE)
- Avert Harm
- Power Guard (was a proc that gave +15% bonus to next Guard after Tiger Palm)
- Grapple (aka Monk Disarm)
- Disable (aka Monk Hamstring)
- Healing Sphere (the manual ground-targeted ability)
- Fierce Tiger Stance (Brewmasters are now always, automatically in Ox Stance)
- Black Ox Statue no longer places absorbs on raid members.
- Spear Hand Strike no longer Silences the target if they’re facing the Monk.
- Ring of Peace no longer Silences or Disarms enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage.
- Transcendence no longer costs Energy.
- Touch of Death is now usable on targets that have 10% or less health remaining, or have less current health than your maximum health. It still causes damage equal to your maximum Health.
- Black Ox Statue now passively pulses a minor amount of threat to all enemies within 30 yards (baseline effect, does not require a glyph).
Changes to Active Mitigation
- Weakened Blows debuff removed. All enemies now passively do less damage.
- Dampen Harm now triggers on damage >= 15% of your total Health.
Gift of the Ox (healing spheres) & Multistrike
- Multistrike is a new stat. All your attacks & heals have a chance to happen again for 30% of the original attack/heal.
- Tiger Strikes modified — Monks now always have a chance on autoattack to gain temporary Multistrike.
- Gift of the Ox now only triggers from autoattack Multistrikes.
- You no longer use up all your spheres by touching them while damaged. Only enough spheres to heal you (without overhealing) will be consumed.
- Vengeance has been removed.
- Tanks now have a new ability, Resolve, which passively triggers whenever you take damage.
- Resolve: Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on Stamina and damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds.
Tank Stats (Mastery, etc) & Tank DPS
- Bonus Armor is the new Tank stat. It only works for Tank specs and counts against item budget, meaning items with Bonus Armor are nerfed in Windwalker or Mistweaver spec.
- Baseline Tank damage has been increased so that even without Vengeance, a Tank playing well will do about 75% of the DPS of a 'real' DPS.
- Brewmasters no longer have a 15% damage penalty.
- Mastery: Elusive Brawler now also passively increases Attack Power by 8% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to boosting your Stagger amount.
- Bonus Armor also grants an equal amount of Attack Power for all Tank specs.
- There is only one gear type for Monks now — Leather. (plus accessory slots) It will provide Agility for Brewmaster/Windwalker, and Intellect for Mistweaver.
- Accessories (Cloak, Neck, Rings, Trinkets) will have role-specific stats (Bonus Armor, Spirit), so you will need different sets of accessories for each spec.
- Hit & Expertise removed. Brewmasters are now automatically Miss, Dodge, and Parry-capped vs. targets up to 3 levels higher (including Bosses).
- Agility no longer increases Crit chance.
- Base Crit chance is now 5% for all classes and all Crit bonuses affect melee, range, and spells equally.
- New passive: Critical Strikes. Increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
- The amount of Dodge gained per point of Agility has been reduced by 25%.