Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's changed since vanilla? Gonna get it soon enough, just wanted to know. I really wish it was #1 on steam right now but people would rather give their money to garbage than a game made from love and passion.

mostly? everything.

New map layouts
    new items
    new bosses/enemies
    new characters

Pretty much a complete 100% revamp of the game, built from the ground up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    mostly? everything.

New map layouts
    new items
    new bosses/enemies
    new characters

Pretty much a complete 100% revamp of the game, built from the ground up.
    Noice. What about the music? I really liked the music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeEAKQ1i9M

The music has been changed, some say for the better, some don't. I really don't mind either way

10+ Year Old Account
    The new music is pretty cool, but different.

New Basement theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGrp7WwlWVo

New Level 8 boss theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGPEfVDhQY

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I still haven't really played the original enough to warrant this purchase. Think I beat mom once. Then my pc broke and got a new one, but the save-game wasn't 'in the cloud', so didn't really continue playing anymore.

Maybe I should fire it up again!
    Dude it's $10-15...

Yet people go and buy so many games for $50-60 and only get 20 hours of gameplay out of them! >_< I already have over 40 in this one and I have 392 in the original. Trust me, if you like the game at all/game-style... it's more than worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Rebirth is superior in every possible way. There is no reason to play WOTL. Well maybe for the community remix mod
    I'll probably go back sooner or later to play the original more. The art style was nice and clean, imo, and I preferred the music a great deal more over Rebirth's... More catchy and sounds more, well, musical.

But yeah, right now? All duh Rebirths all day e'r day.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    After the D6 nerf.....see you space cowboy - breaking this game will never be the same. (unless you have sharp plug).

But seriously with D6 and Nuns habit nerged into oblivion i see long term replayability suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    After the D6 nerf.....see you space cowboy - breaking this game will never be the same. (unless you have sharp plug).

But seriously with D6 and Nuns habit nerged into oblivion i see long term replayability suffering.
    Oh? How much were they nerfed? I've not read a lot of details, so I'm intrigued.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    D6 is 6 room charge now. Nun's habit gives once one tic of charge per damage sustained. So unless you have wafer + sharp plug, goodbye breaking.

Add to that overall nerf to angel/devil rooms (not always contain items), massive nerf to boss trap rooms (almost never contain item) and abyssmal presence of libraries and no breaking for you. Haven't tried good old D20/D6 dance of reroll in arcade, but given the nerf to nuns habit its not going to be possible/that easy either.

Also Hard mode is fun. Win streak -10.

There are batteries now which fully recharge, and some runs you see a lot of them. If anything I'd say activateds can be used a lot more frequently.
    Angel/devil rooms ability to contain hearts is pretty cool. Getting devil/eternal hearts is always awesome. Boss trap rooms are indeed nerfed.

The 'spawn all boss' boss room(s?) are fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2/3 room recharge items are indeed buffed (including absurdly overpowered Krampus head) but 6 room ones are nerfed to hell. Nun's habit gives 1/3 of they old charge. 9Volt gives half what it used to give. It's obvious that sharp plug is made for them, but it still sucks your life pretty quickly.

Battery drops are completely random, unless you have 48 power pill in rotation.

And devil/angel rooms are nerfed simply because they item pools are much bigger. 2 out 3 devil rooms that actually contain items doesnt have anything usefull. Angel is better on power, but he still likes to dick you with 3 spirit hearts or 2 eternal hearts.

And boss gauntlet can be only accessed by speedrunning it to the mom, so its not reliable either. And even then it gives you only 2 items (one that you can choose from group of 4).

Edit: It turns out book of shadows no longer allows to steal deals with the devil as blue baby
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2014-11-09 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so freaking terrible at this game. I was terrible at base, wrath, and now this. I just have a terrible time aiming apparently.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I am so freaking terrible at this game. I was terrible at base, wrath, and now this. I just have a terrible time aiming apparently.
    How do you play? WASD + arrow keys? WASD + mouse? Xbox controller for Windows?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    i'm at 50 hours now and only have like 1/3 of the stuff unlocked

so much more content than the last binding of isaac <3

i'm not even past the heart yet, for some odd reason.. too much time spend on screwing around, testing stuff out and trying to complete challenges

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally just killed It Lives! and Isaac earlier today. I love '1' and '6' dice room, if you know what I mean.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How do you play? WASD + arrow keys? WASD + mouse? Xbox controller for Windows?
    wasd arrow keys
    You're a towel.

Managed to get to Mom in under 20 minutes yesterday, completely unintentionally. Had a ridiculously over powered set up including Brimstone with max tear damage. Then considering I haven't unlocked It Lives yet, I didn't get a portal to Sheol and a guaranteed Devil kill. Many sads :<
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit, getting all hard mode kills is pretty damn.... challenging. Especially boss gauntlet.

And don't get me started on Mega Satan.....

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW Sony has been kind enough to give BoI:R for free if you have PS Plus this month.

Been watching CobaltStreaks stream, and it looks amazing, loved the original, but Rebirth looks so good, loving all the new items and the way they work together, and loving the new characters, cannot wait to try and play as *The Lost* looks mega hard, and no doubt I will fail miserably, just waiting on my controller arriving before I dive in!