Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[BrM] SoO - Gear at time of kill

I'm curious, with the large variety of opinions on gearing, if a few people would be willing to post what actually works for them for various kills. I understand that some of the top guilds aren't really going to share that stuff right away, but if you'd be willing to keep track and share it later, that would be valuable information for a lot of people.

Boss
    Version
    Item Level
    Mastery
    Meta
    Cloak
    Trinket 1
    Trinket 2
    Thoughts

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll try and remember to do this, would really like to see some other guys stats as well. good idea dude!

edit: like i said i would forget to take down my stats but i'll give a rough of them.

Boss: 13/14
    Version: normal
    Item Level: 548
    Mastery: 3000
    haste: 8000
    crit: 17000
    Meta: tanking
    Cloak: dps
    Trinket 1: 543 bad juju
    Trinket 2: 543 renataki
    bonuses: 4pt16
    Thoughts: with this build the only deaths i had were just me going full retard, though i can see some heroics where more mastery might be something i think about for the first time ever, though i'll have to see as i get more gear.
    the dps cloak was anywhere from 8-20% of my damage on boss fights
    i didn't really bother switching from DH, but switching from RoP and leg sweep for a couple things.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-09-11 at 09:53 PM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Not really pushing for any firsts besides server on my 1k pop server, but I'll try to do this as well.

Edit: Forgot to document my mastery, but I've been using the tank meta and cloak with renatakis (H) and bad juju (HTF) for every fight. Going between 547-549 ilvl thru the night as I got upgrades.
    My guild kind of just winged almost every fight. The one thing I can think of that I've done so far (thru Dark Shamans) was switching to RoP/RJW/Healing Elixirs for Galakras as the adds can be disarmed/silenced. Been running with a Crit > Haste > Mastery build, trying to sit my haste around 5-6k.
    Last edited by Artaius; 2013-09-11 at 06:17 AM.

Boss: First 7
    Version: 25N
    Item Level: 552
    Mastery: 11k (i'll post the exact number later, screen shotted it but posting from work)
    Meta: DPS
    Cloak: Tank for all But Galakras, DPS for Gal
    Trinket 1: 543 Renataki's
    Trinket 2: 549 RoRo (Mastery about 100 greater than crit)
    Bonuses: 2t15
    Thoughts:

The trash before Dark Shaman was ugly with the shadowmage mind spiking for something like 500k before we noticed it was hanging out there, then it running in and disorienting me, then the warrior and shaman adds hitting just as hard. Could easily have worn full dps gear for the bosses, but pretty sure that's more an effect of tanking an instance that drops 553 gear with a 552 item level than that heavy mastery is the wrong choice.

Now, tank cloak: didn't get much use the first 4 bosses.
    On galakras I used the dps one due to the amount of cleave usefulness and the diminished value of the tank proc when tanking multiple things. I feel that was the right decision, but actually died where it would have saved me when someone completely did the fireball thing wrong and the whole raid ate 500k from it. That killed about 1/3 of our raid including me, but we did kill the boss. That being said, it's hard to know how much my cleave proc might have helped prevent someone else from dying earlier, and losing 1/3 of the raid to the same thing that killed me would be a wipe if we didn't overgear it anyway.
    Dark Shaman: the tank cloak actually made a meaningful contribution where I would have died and didn't, probably making the difference between us killing it on the first pull and not downing it that pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss: First 7
    Item Level: 547
    Mastery: 10.4k
    Meta: Tank
    Cloak: Fancy (1-4), DPS (Galakras), Tank (Rest)
    Trinket 2: 530 RoRo (Mastery w/ Tank cloak, Crit w/ DPS cloak)
    Bonuses: 4pc T15
    Thoughts:
    1-4: So first four are a joke in HC gear mostly a series of standing there and hitting buttons and occasionally taunting. I died 1st time in the tank trial wasting my interrupt on the wrong ability not realizing how hard it would hit but other than that our few wipes I was always "last man standing" and never died early outside of that one instance.

-Day 2 kills-
    Galakras: Destroyed with DPS cloak + RJW + Chi Burst and "held the middle" the whole fight. Was > 260k by the end according to Skada (really wish logs worked )

IJ/DS: Finally some heavy hitters. Tank cloak got a proc on IJ kill so that was -1 Brez needed. DS is just insanity everywhere and lots of damage going out mostly need to clean up with my co-tank how we position/move/taunt them. Both of these fights seem like candidates for Glyph'd Guard.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-09-12 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Updated for Day 2 of raiding
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Boss: First 6
    Item Level: 542/545
    Mastery: 9.2k
    Cloak: Tigerclaw, unable to do questline before raidtime
    Trinket 2: 530 RoRo (Crit>Mastery by about 100)
    Bonuses: 4pT15
    Thoughts:

In general, the first 6 bosses were pretty straight forward. Was one pull on Juggernaut that the Tank cloak would have saved me, didn't matter though because people were getting used to the mechanics. RJW was fun on trash and Galakras, that's about all I used it on.

My experiences thus far.

Survival - So far, up until Dark Shaman, my monk's only died to trash, although hp felt a bit wobbly on Juggernaut and slightly on Protectors. Thok, Paragons, Siegecrafter all seem to deal more consistent damage. Garrosh actually was the first boss that killed my monk before wipe. I should've called cooldowns better, but was taking a lot of damage from two waves of adds. Comparatively, I think we're still better than DKs at survival, but bears are surprisingly close now with short barkskin and their significant hp pool.

Talents- Given the on/off/on nature of Juggernaut, was the first fight I felt there was something stronger than healing elixirs. Maybe activate dampen when stacks go up to 2. Strong for Siegecrafter as well. But otherwise HE seem to be the best overall talent in this tier (was worth roughly 8% of my overall healing in total).

Xuen is worth somewhere around 10-15% of my single target damage, RJW was worth about 30% of my damage in aoe fights. Of the fights I've seen thus far, I'm going to use RJW on Protectors, Galakras, Dark Shaman, Spoils, Paragons, and Garrosh.

DPS - Obviously our dps dropped for comparative levels of damage, but it wasn't really all that bad. Except for Immerseus, my monk seems to be around the top quarter of our dps, topping damage on Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, Malkorok, Spoils, Paragons, and Garrosh. Given the increased tank damage of the later fights, and including the shift into heroic, assuming my monk stayed in the same tanking role, I'd expect #1 dps on maybe 9 fights this tier with a decent showing on other fights as well. So basically we're slightly better off than we were in ToT, dps wise. And this was done with a bunch of survival gear - tank meta, no dps cloak, mastery reforges, stam enchants/flasks/food, et.

Code:
    Boss * * * * * * *ilvl * * Crit * * *Mastery * Haste * *Tier * * * *Legendaries * * * * Talents

Immerseus         550      12000     9000      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   Xuen + Dampen Magic
         Notes:  Weak hitting boss.  Probably dps meta + tank cloak if difficult in progression.  
         Did like maybe 120k dps, too many submerge phases.  Likely last dps.

Protectors        550      12500     9500      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Had ~3-5 fps the entire fight, some stupid addon.  Tanked Rook + Sun.  
         Never dropped terribly low.  Did about 240k dps here, 7th I think?

Norushen          550      12500     9500      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Had ~3-5 fps all the time I was "topside".  Did not feel obligated to move out of the 
         frontal cone or interrupt the solo challenge mob.  Upstairs though, HP felt somewhat yoyo-ish, 
         although I didn't die.  My skada tells me I did about 220k dps here, well on top of everyone else, 
         but obviously the phasing ruins everything.

Sha of Pride      550      12500     9500      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Fight felt fairly weak.  Was not a tanking challenge at all.  Pulled 230k dps here, fifth 
         or sixth on meters.  Probably could've aoe cheesed the reflection spawns a bit more.

Galakras          550      12500     9500      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   RJW + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Was tanking the waves on my monk.  RJW was roughly 1/3 of my damage.  Neither the 
         adds nor the boss felt like they were hitting very hard.  ~250k dps here, another fifth/sixth place fight.

Iron Juggernaut   550      12500     9500      4000     2&4pT15     DPS meta no cloak   Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Definitely felt some damage strain on this guy, for good reason - consistently held 
         200k vengeance.  Didn't die but dropped low a few times.  Probably should've set up transcendence 
         positions for the knockback.  Shuffle made tanking mines very easy.  Skada says ~260k dps, WoL tells 
         me I had about a 91% uptime (minesweeping).  My druid alt did this fight as second tank and 
         pulled 160k for comparison.

Dark Shaman       553      13500     11000     3000     2pT15       DPS meta & cloak    Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes: Didn't feel especially damaging, except while standing in the slime spawn.  
         The trash was far more dangerous >< This fight was really good for dps though,
         pulled around 400k, easy top.

Nazgrim           553      13500     11000     3000     2pT15       DPS meta & cloak    Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes: Felt really easy tank-wise, nothing hit for more than like 10% of my hp it seems.  
         Wasn't horrible on dps, wasn't great either.  2nd or 3rd with around 250k.

Malkorok          553      13500     11000     3000     2pT15       DPS meta & cloak    Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Avoidance usually meant I had around 5 stacks of the debuff when 
         we taunted off of each other, compared to a plate tank's 10 or so.
         Didn't really feel this guy did a lot of damage, but apparently it fed me enough vengeance
         for 290k dps, weird.  Another first.

Spoils            553      13500     11000     3000     2pT15       DPS meta & cloak    Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Forgot to respec to RJW, sigh.  I was also opening my own boxes, and felt very survivable
         throughout the "encounter." Only pulled ~200k for 2nd or so, mostly because of inexperience with boxes.

Thok              553      13500     11000     3000     2pT15       DPS meta & cloak    Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  They fixed the fight, poop.  Lots of vengeance, lots of damage.  Strangely, I guess due to the
         stacking effect, I felt a lot more survivable on this fight than normal, despite Thok doing a fair bit 
         of tank damage. Ended up with like 260 or 270k dps overall.

Siegecrafter      556      13500     10000     4500     None        Tank meta/dps cloak Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  Heh, this fight was insane to tank, I like it.  I felt a lot more survivable on my monk compared
         to my other tanks on this fight, and far more dps as well.  Pulled 370k.

Paragons          556      13500     10000     4500     None        Tank meta/dps cloak Xuen + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  If you get Rikkal first (and you do, this week) it's somewhat iffy guaranteeing a charge of EB
         on the pull.  It was much easier on paladin, or warrior/druid.  I'm somewhat conflicted on whether RJW is
         the best choice as well.  I did a crapload of damage - 470k - but 29% of that was RJW.  So probably only
         12% of that RJW damage was on the right target.  Who knows whether Xuen would've been 12% of my single
         target damage?  Felt pretty good against Korven's cleave/bleed.

Garrosh           557      13500     10500     4500     2pT16       Tank meta/dps cloak RJW + Healing Elixirs
         Notes:  So, I discovered on this fight that RJW is comparable damage on a single target vs Xuen (WTF.)  
         Averaged about 1 mil dps in phase 1, came out to about 430k for the fight, overall.  RJW is really
         really good for the intermissions & breaking people out of MC as well.  I liked this fight too.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-09-16 at 03:31 AM.

So is the RORO working for everyone still at an improvement over a Renataki's or bad juju? I'm curious I put it aside and went crit/haste/mastery. Curious to hear if those are trying both and what they are finding. Please update if you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss: First 9
    Version: 10 man N
    Item Level: 548 at the time
    Mastery: 8k
    Cloak: DPS
    Trinket 1: Jinrock Trinekt 543
    Trinket 2: Badjuju (feels SUPER weak now with 10 sec window) 543 also will replace this ASAP

I like the new siege bosses after going in and getting 9 of them in the first night felt like they were all fun or at least interesting for most the Roles in their own way. Favorite was probably the two shammans because of how much visual shit there is on the ground all the time and also popping Xuen (Cleave) and tanking all the things for the first 20 sec until pally got agro on the second shamman. TBH there are a few things that I will most def want the tanking cloak for on heroic but I don't think for now ill switch to more mastery. I actually shed some mastery back down to like 7k mastery now for the rest of the normals and up to TOT H style crit because of the tank damage being important in 10 man and the bosses not wrecking you to hard.

I know im very over geared for all the normals so other monks or monks in 25man going into heroic will likely want Tank cloak meta and more mastery than crit, But I cannot speak to much for them because im doing 10 man H for the tier

MW Monk. Cleared the first 7 bosses day one on 25 man. Unbuffed stats as follows.

Boss: 7/14: Exiled From Hell: Top US Daytime Guild

Intellect: 27474
    Spirit: 9824
    Stamina: 30301
    Mastery: 13.94%

Other

Spell Power: 38941
    Mana Regen: 17089
    Haste: 21.86%
    Crit: 24.14%

Meta and Heroic Healer Cloak.
    Trinkets: Flex Prismatic Prison of Pride and either the H.Horridon Trinket or R.TF Lei Shen Trinket (depended on fight length and mana needs)

Thoughts: This tier has been pretty face roll so far in terms of healing with the only exception as Norushen though it is by far the most fun for hot healers because of the constant streaming damage. So many of these fights seem gimmicky in my opinion which takes away some of the challenge at least in regs. We spent a lot of time this morning taking time to do gear chants and gems and what not as we werent in too big of a hurry though I am pretty sure we are going to roll through the rest of the fights with the same speed. I feel like they tuned this content so casual players could progress through regulars pretty easily. Heres to hoping the heroic versions are a pain in the rear!

Boss: Nazgrim, Malkorak, Spoils, Thok
    Item Level: 554
    Mastery: 10476
    Cloak: Tank for all But spoils, DPS for spoils
    Trinket 1: 543 Bad juju (to much exp to use Rent)
    Trinket 2: 549 RoRo (Mastery 7 greater than crit)
    Thoughts:
    Nazgrim - Did barely any damage and full crit gear means 100% uptime on EB while you're actively tanking, means lots of dodging. We 1 or 2 shot him though so didn't really have a chance to reconfigure.
    Spoils - Aoe tanking makes the cleave cloak good. It's actually the first time i thought maybe the tank meta would have been good because by aoe tanking you're not sitting at full hp, avoiding everything for long stretches. Not needed, but probably not bad idea. Though tanks should probably be the top damagers if you are trying to clear it quickly, so that dps meta isn't hurting. Oh, make someone else open crates for you, PITA while tanking.
    Thok - Didn't feel more mastery would have been wasted on Thok, maybe even the tank meta. Thok hit really hard compared to anything else (or pulled more healing to other people, either way), should have used the tank meta probably, not that I died by not having it. Tanking cloak for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Boss: Siegecrafter and Paragons
    Item Level: 554
    Mastery: 10476
    Cloak: Tank for Siege, dps for paragons
    Trinket 1: 543 Bad juju (to much exp to use Rent)
    Trinket 2: 549 RoRo (Mastery 7 greater than crit)
    Thoughts:
    Unless you space out and don't CD the shock things, or stand in something dumb, pretty nearly impossible to die in either of these fights. I never got hit by anything on siege, so not sure if the various "don't stand in this" things actually would kill us. I'd probably use the dps cloak for siegecrafter if i did it again. Probably should have pushed roro over to proccing crit just to help light the paragons up.
    Last edited by lairpie; 2013-09-13 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Boss - 7/8 (raid currently working on boss 9)
    Version - 10 man
    Item Level - 550ilvl
    Mastery - 2800
    Meta - DPS
    Cloak - DPS
    Trinket 1 - Bad Juju 549
    Trinket 2 - Renataki's 549
    Bonuses - 4p t15
    Thoughts - Pretty facerolled all fights, though i could have used the tank meta/cloak for the shamans. So far all the rest were pretty easy for our ilvl, no need of heavy use of cd's, some of them not even needed.

Updated my post to include Garrosh.

Overall, a very interesting tier. I feel as if our survival has taken a slight hit, not due to any nerfs but druids and warriors becoming better. I think right now that we are tied for second to last place with druids in terms of how well we survive in a general sense, with paladins and warriors ahead, but not by a huge margin either. Oh well. DPS-wise, I'm fairly sure we're the uncontested champs. I honestly don't know how they could nerf keg smash then add in RJW. Classic right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Oh well.

I provided dps values for the various fights in siege, but I figure those numbers are somewhat pointless without context, so I compared them with the median dps of the raid I was in, along with the dps rank in the group itself so here's another list:

Rank | Boss | Percentage of the median DPS' damage.
    n/a Immerseus - no log
    7 Protectors - 127%
    11 Norushen - 94%
    6 sha of pride - 111%
    n/a Galakras - inaccurate log
    1 Juggernaut - 132%
    1 Dark Shaman - 191%
    2 Nazgrim - 139%
    1 Malkorok - 143%
    n/a Spoils - inaccurate log
    1 Thok - 170%
    1 Siegecrafter - 194%
    1 Paragons - 212%
    1 Garrosh - 204%

15+ Year Old Account
    forgot to write down the exact numbers again, but here is a rough for 11/14H

Boss: 11/14
    Version: heroic
    Item Level: 556-559
    Mastery: 4000 (20000 for malkorok)
    haste: 9000 (4000 for malkorok)
    crit: 15000 (4000 for malkorok)
    Meta: tanking
    Cloak: dps (tanking for thok, nazgrim and malkorok)
    Trinket 1: 561 haromm's talisman (543 bad juju for malkorok)
    Trinket 2: 543 renataki (543 fortitude of the zandalari for malkorok)
    bonuses: none (t15 2p for malkorok)

notes: can easily just crit build for malkorok but the way we do the fight calls for me to be a full mastery build, and i could see a reason to go more mastery on general nazgrim for sure with executes.
    i've only use RJW for Galakras on heroic so far since we do spoils probably quite different then most. but i would suggest RJW for that fight in almost all other cases
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Don't you just hate it when you have to work and raid 20 hours a day? *grumble*

Immerseus -
    557 ilvl, 13500 crit, 10500 mastery, 4500 haste, 4pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, RJW.
    Given that you're a brewmaster, chances are you're going to tank the adds on this fight. As the only mechanic change from normal, as you hit the boss, you get debuff stacks and spawn adds (up to about 50 of 'em). With RJW and chi burst (what I really should've taken instead of CW), you should stand on top of a holy paladin with righteous fury to collect all the little guys and nuke them down. If you're on boss duty, I'd advise tank cloak and diffuse magic.

Protectors
    557 ilvl, 13500 crit, 10500 mastery, 4500 haste, 4pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, RJW.
    I was tanking He (to make his transition easier). There is no change that I noticed from normal mode, honestly, aside from everything hitting a bit faster and harder. Just RJW on top of everything, drag He out if he's pooping noxious poisons, and yell at people to throw the mark of anguish to you during He's transition. It applies a debuff that drops 80% of your armor, but that's like +20-25% more damage to you as a monk so you don't really care about it.

Norushen
    557 ilvl, 13500 crit, 10500 mastery, 4500 haste, 4pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, Xuen. No difference from normal.

Sha of Pride
    557 ilvl, 13500 crit, 10500 mastery, 4500 haste, 4pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, Xuen.
    Basic execution check. Taunt at the right time to prevent your OT from building up too much pride, step on your assigned orange plates when applicable, run over rifts (the heroic mechanic) to close them when you're neither tanking nor releasing a prison. Nothing special, although chi burst for dps on reflection adds seems like a better choice than chi wave in retrospect.

Galakras
    You should be tanking the add waves. RJW then down. Your job has not changed at all from normal mode.

Iron Juggernaut
    555 ilvl, 11643 crit, 12184 mastery, 4830 haste, 4pT16. Tank cloak, tank meta, dampen harm, chi wave, Xuen.
    Ok, so I went a bit overboard on the defense part, since this guy was the first one to do some decent damage to me on normal mode. I still did manage to proc my tank cloak on our first pull/kill, so the extra survival was warranted. Try to keep shuffle up as you're popping mines, and/or use dampen harm on them. You should be fine.

Dark Shaman
    559 ilvl, 13134 crit, 12507 mastery, 3446 haste, 2pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, Xuen.
    The way we did it - splitting shaman up by 100+ yards, which seems to be the usual strat. You're either one of the two on Haromm or kiting slimes + the other shaman. Haromm tanking is nothing special, just watch your positioning for walls sub 50%. If you're the kiter, make sure to have some decent hp to buffer the melee hits you'll take while shuffle's down (it'll be down a fair amount.)

General Nazgrim
    559 ilvl, 13134 crit, 12507 mastery, 3446 haste, 2pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, dampen harm, chi wave, Xuen.
    Aside from an additional add which dies like every other add here, Nazgrim gains execute. Not sure exactly how they calculate the damage ... but it's a direct, undodgeable, physical attack. Which makes monks good at it. With no cooldowns at all, it did something like 500k-600k or so, almost completely irrelevant.

Malkorok
    553 ilvl, 11180 crit, 15238 mastery, 4157 haste, 4pT16. Tank cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, RJW.
    Ah, the instance truly starts ramping up here. As you can see, I specifically went for a mastery heavy build with a trinket from T14 (Lao Chin's Liquid Courage) to solo soak Malkorok's blood phase. Make use of your rolls to avoid arcing smash and breath while slowed from the adds. When you enter the blood rage part, make sure you have no debuff from Malk's normal melee (make sure other tank taunts off of you somewhere before 80 energy), and try to have as much chi available as possible, because you'll want to purify each blood rage hit - there are 13 in a row. It's pretty easy to purify the first 8-10 then zen med the last few hits if you're out of energy/chi.

Spoils
    559 ilvl, 11643 crit, 12184 mastery, 4830 haste, 2pT16. DPS cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, RJW.
    Fun tank fight! We found that it was optimal to use me for both Mogu sides, while the other tank (paladin) took both of the single-target based Mantid side. We opened a medium with 1-2 smalls while killing the pandaren buff adds, then just started streaming in smalls while I kept a large or a medium up at any given time. Stand in the middle, become the whirlwind of death. Damage didn't really feel like much, so went a bit dps heavy here.

Thok
    563 ilvl, 12743 crit, 12884 mastery, 3815 haste, 2pT16. Tank cloak, tank meta, dampen harm, chi wave, Xuen.
    While the tank damage isn't particularly high (I was able to keep myself up while everyone else was dead from about 20 stacks of acceleration to 35 on one of our learning attempts with just chi wave, healing spheres, and expel harm), the rest of the raid is taking so much damage that your hp feels spiky as well just because you're not standing in the healing rains + effloresence and other stuff. I cheesed vengeance a bit in the first phase 1 by getting some extra stacks of the panic (+% damage taken) debuff and just fort brewing through my tank phase.

Siegecrafter
    563 ilvl, 12743 crit, 12884 mastery, 3815 haste, 2pT16. Tank cloak, tank meta, diffuse magic, chi wave, RJW.
    There's a whole bunch of strats for this, but to be honest I feel ours was the most elegant. We let almost every wave of crawler mines get empowered because we tanked the boss next to their spawn, and were able to cc train and aoe them down with a couple of survival hunters plus tank damage, hence the RJW. On top of that, we purposely stacked our tank debuff to stupid amounts (I went up to 7, reset, then up to 8 on our kill - does about 2.5 mil damage at that point without cds) so we could keep the shredder add in cleave range of the boss while dpsing through the healing beam. This meant the rest of the raid barely had to move - we killed missle turrets on every wave except the last where it spawned double.

Paragons
    565 ilvl, 11150 crit, 14713 mastery, 4428 haste, 4pT16. Tank cloak, tank meta, healing elixirs, chi wave, RJW.
    Bring copious amounts of lube. On top of some fairly high raid damage, you are going to get absolutely demolished on this fight. There were numerous times that I quite literally hit the vengeance cap - 1.03 million AP - while normally tanking. I took about 2.5 times as much damage as the average non-tank on Thok. On Paragons, I took 13 times as much damage. On one of our wipes, I let shuffle fall off by some freak accident and was literally 1-shot. 1 million damage normal melee swing, no joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post

Protectors
    I was tanking He (to make his transition easier). There is no change that I noticed from normal mode, honestly, aside from everything hitting a bit faster and harder. Just RJW on top of everything, drag He out if he's pooping noxious poisons, and yell at people to throw the mark of anguish to you during He's transition. It applies a debuff that drops 80% of your armor, but that's like +20-25% more damage to you as a monk so you don't really care about it.
    I saw a lot of guides suggesting He's tank also take Embodied Misery (during Rook's desperate measures). Would that pose any problem if you still have the armor debuff on?

No, there really wasn't anything that would be a problem with doing that. You take a little bit more damage from the ground slam, but that's about it.

Just curious, since I'm currently trying to down Garrosh, should I switch to the dps legendary cloak instead of the tank legendary? Survival becomes tricky during the ad phase and mc's at the very end, so I hesitate to switch to the dps cloak.
    Last edited by TheLady; 2013-10-03 at 04:01 PM.

The tank cloak won't help you in Phase 1. With all of the adds hitting you, you're going to die rather quick if the cloak procs due to the number of "smaller" non-boss hits that you're taking and the speed at which you're taking those hits. The dps cloak does have the added benefit of assisting in killing the adds quicker, so there's that. If you're having issues surviving in phase 3 (I'm assuming in phase 3 since that's when he's fully empowered), you can be sure to use your cooldowns (fort brew, dampen harm, outside cd's) to chain in order to survive.

To be rather honest I don't think I used Fort Brew outside of p1 on 25N, as I never felt I was ever in any danger in any other phase of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used the DPS cloak and tried both but just didn't see the tank one coming into play in a useful fashion in any of our attempts. You didn't say your format so if you are doing 10m just be mindful to prep your CD's before MC comes out in case your healers get targeted. This didn't seem to be much of an issue in 25m.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.