Deleted

Fifa 14 disapointment

Hi folks ! Just to begin with: I cannot find some of the articles i've read about this atm, but i'll provide links once i can spot them 2nd, i'm only 99% sure that i've read those articles and the last 1% i may have dreamt up - don't ask me how that worked but ...

Fifa 14 will soon hit the shelves and for the last 6 years I've bought each and every Fifa game.
    But this time it is different. I'm absolutely not excited for the game and rather loath EA for pulling such crap.

There has been this new engine in the making, i believe EA calls it "Ignite". This new Ignite engine allows for a more realistic gameplay by adding features to the game like more than 2 people being able to jump after a cross and so on ...

Guess what: the "old" console generation (meaning Xbox360, PS3 and Wii) are too weak to run the game with the new engine, therefore the versions of Fifa 14 for the named consoles will use the old Locomotion engine (i believe that's the correct name)

I thought: lucky me! I plan on playing on PC or WiiU ...

The game won't come out for the WiiU! (Source) and even more shocking, the PC version will also run with the OLD engine! (Source)Why?!
    In some article i read that EA thought the old engine would fit the PC market better because the majority of their PC-Fifa-customers have only extremely weak PCs ... a fact that i cannot and willnot believe.

ATM i'm just very pissed by the fact that i will not get an up2date game when buying Fifa14 for PC ... therefore i will not buy the game ... i'll get it somehow else :P not paying a penny to EA for that crap...

If some of you know more about that or have other links to share i'd be happy to see them.
    Thanks
    TheCrusader

Sources:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...cept_the_wii_u
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Most-...s-361758.shtml
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2013-09-10 at 07:34 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i suppose EA create and optimize the engine for next gen console and didn't work on making a PC version. It is disappointing but not unheard of. PC player had to wait FIFA 11 to get a current gen FIFA 08 to 10 utilise a PS2 engine while console already had an updated engine for the current gen. only since FIFA 11, PC player could use the same engine as console HD.

It wouldn't surprise me if PC player had to wait FIFA 16 or 17 before PC catch up. It's not a matter of power but rather where EA decide to allocate their ressource.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    In some article i read that EA thought the old engine would fit the PC market better because the majority of their PC-Fifa-customers have only extremely weak PCs ... a fact that i cannot and willnot believe.
    Considering majority of FIFA buyers are probably in South America and Europe, and south american computer configurations are probably lower than european on average (and there are probably more computers there are aswell, just considering population size), I do not think their statements is that off-the-mark.

But hey could be worst, isnt NHL14 not getting a new engine not even for new gen consoles?

Buy PES this year. Its the same like FIFA10. Just a database update this year on PC.

changing a game engine is not just changing the references of two variables.

They already made the game, updating it for a new engine is a huge undertaking and investment which is probably better suited for the next FIFA as a feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a proper company would have released a PC version that allowed you to choose the engine and tailor your experience to your available hardware. We have EA, who'd rather make you buy their overpriced products several times.

Deleted
    Yeah pissed me off, first time i'm giving fifa a miss since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Hi folks ! Just to begin with: I cannot find some of the articles i've read about this atm, but i'll provide links once i can spot them 2nd, i'm only 99% sure that i've read those articles and the last 1% i may have dreamt up - don't ask me how that worked but ...

Fifa 14 will soon hit the shelves and for the last 6 years I've bought each and every Fifa game.
    But this time it is different. I'm absolutely not excited for the game and rather loath EA for pulling such crap.

There has been this new engine in the making, i believe EA calls it "Ignite". This new Ignite engine allows for a more realistic gameplay by adding features to the game like more than 2 people being able to jump after a cross and so on ...

Guess what: the "old" console generation (meaning Xbox360, PS3 and Wii) are too weak to run the game with the new engine, therefore the versions of Fifa 14 for the named consoles will use the old Locomotion engine (i believe that's the correct name)

I thought: lucky me! I plan on playing on PC or WiiU ...

The game won't come out for the WiiU! (Source) and even more shocking, the PC version will also run with the OLD engine! (Source)Why?!

ATM i'm just very pissed by the fact that i will not get an up2date game when buying Fifa14 for PC ... therefore i will not buy the game ... i'll get it somehow else :P not paying a penny to EA for that crap...

If some of you know more about that or have other links to share i'd be happy to see them.
    Thanks
    TheCrusader

Sources:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...cept_the_wii_u
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Most-...s-361758.shtml
    I've not bought a Fifa game since Fifa 11. I just came to realise that they don't really improve much on the previous year's release.

Its better taking short breaks and buying the game every other year or a longer gap.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand PES has a new engine this time round, which is a taster of their new engine which will be on the next console.

I'll be getting PES, and only PES this year.

Deleted
    Hated the demo. Feels slow and clunky. Way too easy to score as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    changing a game engine is not just changing the references of two variables.

They already made the game, updating it for a new engine is a huge undertaking and investment which is probably better suited for the next FIFA as a feature.
    They could've made the game with the new engine to start with. Why not take advantage of the most powerful gaming system out there.

Deleted
    Even if it's not a shining star in the sky, it's still better then PES14 which just keeps failing each year.

Edit:
    Oh you play with a PC; nevermind. The PC version of FIFA has always been a fail, the console versions are vastly superior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Even if it's not a shining star in the sky, it's still better then PES14 which just keeps failing each year.

Edit:
    Oh you play with a PC; nevermind. The PC version of FIFA has always been a fail, the console versions are vastly superior.
    the last 2 - 3 years they have been the same, but normally yes console >>> pc for fifa

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Edit:
    i don't agree, i've tried fifa 13 both on xbox and PC, i don't feel the console version "vastly" superior at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i don't agree, i've tried fifa 13 both on xbox and PC, i don't feel the console version "vastly" superior at all.
    Thats because Pre-Fifa 11 the PC version was not updated like the console version, fifa 11, 12 and 13 have all been the same as the console.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Thats because Pre-Fifa 11 the PC version was not updated like the console version, fifa 11, 12 and 13 have all been the same as the console.
    then don't say "always", say "some of them" or "depending on the years"

Deleted
    Gah, the disappointment.