Thread: [Resto] Genesis

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Genesis

How do you see Genisis being part of our tool kit now? Personally, I have a feeling it'll cost too much mana. This might be overreacting, but I'm not 100% sure I'm actually going to use it. We have mushrooms (new improved even!) and WG Tier bonus now for burst healing. Not to mention Tranq ofc. Spamming 5 Rejuvs and a Genesis is gonna hit us hard on mana; is the actual gain gonna be worth that mana? Concidering you don't actually do *more* healing, just faster healing?

Say a boss mechanic required you to use Mushroom, WG (maybe with SoTF) AND Genesis to survive; which "rotation" would you use. I know "rotation" is a dangerous word in healer forums but I hope you know what I mean. What would be the optimal order to use these abilities in for highest HPS?

Genesis is best used for spread burst. Consider ranged and healers spread out and getting massive AoE damage, more than once per 3 minutes. You'll have rejuv up an everyone anyway, so the additional cost of topping everyone off ASAP it not very high (only the cost of Genesis).

But generally, yes, it's a situational talent and should not be used rotationally. There will be fights where it's awesome, and there will be fights where you don't use it. Just play around with it and see how it works out.

And remember you can use it during cloak proc to get a lot of extra healing from Genesis, so you can actually do *more* healing. (5% increase and distributed overhealing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana won't be your problem. Your problem will be to find a time to use this spell (imo) atleast with 550+ gear.

I actually found on the PTR it was better used for 'known' incoming spike damage on a couple of targets. Any form of major aoe damage our toolkit already covers plus 90% of the time healing cd's are used during these times anyway, so letting the rejuv expire normally is fine.

But if there's something like Iron Qon first phase, soaking the molten bolt things, you could pre hot with rejuv and use genesis after it hits. That to me is where this spell will shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's to good. Sadly, I think it will be changed.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Genesis is not really over powered because it does not increase the healing of rejuvenation it just hastens them,
    the Genesis mechanic actually limited by your global cooldowns and the durationof rejuvenation itself more than anything else

If you need healing NOW (between two spikes of spikes of damage) you only have so much time to put up only so many rejuvenations and still press Genesis before the second spike,

if you need the healing in a few seconds from now (i.e. you setting up rejuvenations right before the first spike of damage in a series of spikes) you can only put up about 10 Rjv'sbefore the first Rjv is on it's penultimate tic (meaning it won't hardly benefit from genesis anyway) which is about what you would hope for in 10 man healing. The first two ore three targets that received Rjv in the set up won't exactly get much benefit from Gensis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I actually found on the PTR it was better used for 'known' incoming spike damage on a couple of targets.

absolutely agree here, I find it most easy to work with on the 2-5 target range, and in cases where i can predict damage will be occuring in several succesive spikes.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I found genesis very helpful on Norushen where you all have to run in a circle when beam is up, rejuv up all and then genesis.

Deleted
    I get this spell... but did druids really need another raid healing CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    That was my point a lil' bit actually. Is there a time where you *have* to use Genesis to help you survive a mechanic? Where WG (maybe with SoTF), Efflo, Mushroom, Tranq, didn't do the job already? I'm having a hard time justifying it considering the mana you spend on it. Maybe with more practise etc.

@Deleze it is not a raid CD by any stretch of the measure. Your hyperbole is unwarranted and unwelcome.

@Aleks: you never "have" to use anything technically. Its a valuable tool, that you can use when and if appropriate.

I'll give you an example on protectors 10, you will often have 2-3 people with high damage bleeds/dots on them, with stacked fire damage coming in 4 secs. Tranq is saved for phase under the bubble so you can't use that. You need the shroom for after soaking the fire puddle- to make sure no one is insta gibbed right after it, but you need those 3 people to get healed up faster than a rejuv/wg will tick in those 4 secs. Hitting genesis to hasten the rejuvs already on them helps get their hp up in a hurry.

Its a way of taking our traditionally slow hot healing and speeding it up when necessary, at the cost of mana and more GCD's (to reapply those rejuvs after). It does take some getting used to - to know when to use it, so that you aren't forking over tons of mana. Its not a rotational tool, think of it more like NS+HT, but on multiple targets with more set up.

I've found it works fine for what its meant to do, at least while leveling up in MoP dungeons. During AoE phases it gives Resto Druids a nice way of upping throughput, particularly on "everyone's taking damage" phases where we can often lack compared to other healers. Especially in PuGs where a lot of people just don't get it.

Still useful in raids? Not for me to say. Seems like it require, but also reward, high situational awareness without being just another button to spam every X seconds. And that seems like a good thing.

It's not going to be a reactive talent, but rather a proactive one. Once you figure out where and when you can use it effectively, I think you will like the talent. It's usefulness seems somewhat limited though... basically you need 2-5 people taking a damage spike while spread out, with the prospect of more damage following, and you pretty much need to know who is going to take the spike so you can have them pre-hotted. If you don't need to heal them up quickly, then it isn't really a good use of mana.

10+ Year Old Account

this spell was meant as an offset for the HUGE nerfe to Wild Mushrooms as a burst -spread aoe with a short set-up

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

@Aleks: you never "have" to use anything technically. Its a valuable tool, that you can use when and if appropriate.

I'll give you an example on protectors 10, you will often have 2-3 people with high damage bleeds/dots on them, with stacked fire damage coming in 4 secs. Tranq is saved for phase under the bubble so you can't use that. You need the shroom for after soaking the fire puddle- to make sure no one is insta gibbed right after it, but you need those 3 people to get healed up faster than a rejuv/wg will tick in those 4 secs. Hitting genesis to hasten the rejuvs already on them helps get their hp up in a hurry.
    You say you never "have to" and then you say "you need those 3 people to get healed fast enough" in the same reply No offense intended, you gave a nice example of how to use Genesis actually.

What I meant was: would those targets have died if you didn't use Genesis? If not, was it worth spending that extra mana instead of just letting the rejuvs tick + throw out a WG. All I'm saying is that it won't be easy to find those situations where Genesis will make me feel like: "oh thank GOD, what would I have done WITHOUT Genesis".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    You say you never "have to" and then you say "you need those 3 people to get healed fast enough" in the same reply No offense intended, you gave a nice example of how to use Genesis actually.

What I meant was: would those targets have died if you didn't use Genesis? If not, was it worth spending that extra mana instead of just letting the rejuvs tick + throw out a WG. All I'm saying is that it won't be easy to find those situations where Genesis will make me feel like: "oh thank GOD, what would I have done WITHOUT Genesis".

i am not sure it's sensible to hold any particular element into our healing toolkit to the standard of sine qua non.

it's not so much that if you don't say "oh thank GOD, what would I have done WITHOUT Genesis" that genesis is unecessary, so much as so long as you say "Wow Genesis really makes this a buttload more practical given the alternatives" then it's useful.

Genesis was really amazing when I was on tower duty on Galakras and the siege was stunning us every so often. Before I wasn't using Genesis and was having a hard time keeping 4 people up, was keeping Lb on tank and rejuv on all but because of the constant stuns the hots weren't being enough (had mushroom/efflo too), when i started to pop genesis right after a stun it was awesome, it would top people off really quick while i was tossing rejuvs again to get ready for the next stun round.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    What I meant was: would those targets have died if you didn't use Genesis?
    My answer would be: I don't know, as it would depend on how much RNG hates them, what personal defensive actions they might have taken, what the response of other heals would be in those 3-4 secs. What I did know, was that getting their health higher, faster, because I used Genesis, greatly increased their chance of survival over that particular period.

Btw, <3 Grubs response. Gotta love a little latin toss in

Healing rare comes down to A therefore must use B. It's more situation A, possible responses: B, C, D, E, B then Q, C then R, E then Z+Pray. Each with the pros and cons. Hence why I was reluctant to say we ever "have" to use anything. It may be the best choice atm, given those circumstances. Sorry for hemming and hawing, too many years around lawyers will do that.

Raid healing CD? It's not a CD, and it doesn't increase the amount of raid healing you do so.....

10+ Year Old Account
    To argue genesis "doesn't increase healing done" is totally false. Sure, it's not efficient to blanket rejuvs, genesis, blanket, genesis, but your throughput goes sky high. I'm also finding my overheals have gone down significantly as the other healers aren't wasting their mana healing someone who would be fine with my rejuv because now it's healing is done in a moment rather than 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by boochicken View Post
    To argue genesis "doesn't increase healing done" is totally false. Sure, it's not efficient to blanket rejuvs, genesis, blanket, genesis, but your throughput goes sky high. I'm also finding my overheals have gone down significantly as the other healers aren't wasting their mana healing someone who would be fine with my rejuv because now it's healing is done in a moment rather than 10 seconds.
    What they mean is that it doesn't actually do healing on its own. Since it just accelerates a already existing spell, while using it may be an increase to your total healing done, the spell Genesis itself is not actually doing any healing.