Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    theres like only a few fights on heroic arms will be worth going on, theres plenty of massive padding opportunities though like paragons and sha but you be pretty lame to spec arms on those, as it stands protectors, galakras(unless you need more boss damage), and spoils are the only fights where it may be better to be arms, norushen was but they nerfed the hp of the big adds so much you barely get to cleave plus the small adds are too far out to SS off so its basically pointless being arms there, the rest fights favor fury imo and arms is pretty much a niche aoe spec now which is lame as hell considering on monday pre SS and 2 PC nerf arms was going to be the spec for the tier. Wonder if monks and aff locks will also get nerfed as there cleave/aoe was almost/better than arms on many fights, aff locks will be doing 1mil dps on protectors in bis no problem
    Last edited by Opeth69; 2013-09-10 at 06:24 PM.

  2. #22
    Epic! Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,737
    soo, they nerf it or not ? u.s servers are up already so someone from u.s can confirmed.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    It is dealing 50% dmg. Tooltip may be incorrect for some people.
    Confirmed just now on live, US Antonidas.

    Mortal Strike hit for 85k
    SS hit for 42k.

    RIP Arms

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    theres like only a few fights on heroic arms will be worth going on, theres plenty of massive padding opportunities though like paragons and sha but you be pretty lame to spec arms on those, as it stands protectors, galakras(unless you need more boss damage), and spoils are the only fights where it may be better to be arms, norushen was but they nerfed the hp of the big adds so much you barely get to cleave plus the small adds are too far out to SS off so its basically pointless being arms there, the rest fights favor fury imo and arms is pretty much a niche aoe spec now which is lame as hell considering on monday pre SS and 2 PC nerf arms was going to be the spec for the tier. Wonder if monks and aff locks will also get nerfed as there cleave/aoe was almost/better than arms on many fights, aff locks will be doing 1mil dps on protectors in bis no problem
    im not so sure about protectors, rly depends on how your raid handles the fight - and im thankful for the norushen changes :P

  5. #25
    This isn't a change that'll send arms cleave damage into the dumpster, it'll just make it only 5-10% better than fury rather than 10-20%. Sweeping Strikes was only 20-25%~ of damage on 2 targets and this is a 33% nerf.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    This isn't a change that'll send arms cleave damage into the dumpster, it'll just make it only 5-10% better than fury rather than 10-20%. Sweeping Strikes was only 20-25%~ of damage on 2 targets and this is a 33% nerf.
    Given that there is nearly no fight with constant AOE it still makes Arms a lot less attractive to Fury, maybe even so much that it's not worth ever playing Arms.

  7. #27
    75% on live, and definitely doing 75%.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyhats View Post
    75% on live, and definitely doing 75%.
    Prove it..? Cause I trust Archimtiros when he says it's nerfed.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Prove it..? Cause I trust Archimtiros when he says it's nerfed.

  10. #30
    Goodnight sweet arms

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Prove it..? Cause I trust Archimtiros when he says it's nerfed.
    Welp, I take it back. It's 50% now. When I logged on today though, it was definitely 75%. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Maybe it was a server thing.

  12. #32
    I want blizzard to refund me the 2000 I paid for my dancing steel enchant for my 2H !

  13. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I want blizzard to refund me the 2000 I paid for my dancing steel enchant for my 2H !
    titan's grip is better now so it probably wasn't a bad investment, but either way I was really looking forward to playing Arms

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    Arms is still viable for a couple fights. More information to come by weeks end.

  15. #35
    This change does exactly what it should have, reduces the difference between fury and AoE on 2-5 target cleave to the point where you can stay fury and not feel bad, or swap to arms if you need to push out another 10% damage. Arms single target is within 2-3%~ of fury at 550 ilevel, although it does slide back to 10% by 570-580.

    If you want to do the absolute most damage possible on FP, Galakras, Dark Shamans and Loots of Pandaria, arms is the ticket. If you just like fury, you can stay fury and it won't matter.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    *removed image*
    I know, I was saying that the guy claiming it to be 75% to prove it, as I trusted you when you claimed it was 50% :P

    Either way, the nerf is really sad

  17. #37
    That was shortest arms career ever. We meet again fury. RIP dear Arms, cya in next xpack (maybe).

  18. #38
    the only fights i went arms on so far was Galakras (since i wasnt in towers) and Dark Shaman we found it easier to tank them together and pretty much what felt like a zerg still got it in 4 attempts the hardest boss so far...

    I felt like I rocked it on Galakras though was toping 250k plus on all those add waves. and it turns out i was still reforged mastry>haste so i was having some rage problems though its most likely me spamming slam to much.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,642
    You are going to have rage problems as Arms using Sweeping Strikes cleave without the 2p. Even with the 2p really, just not as bad.
    Best thing to do is try your best to pool, keep the SS buff up and be effective with your slams. If there is only one low life target left and another wave is coming, don't try to fit a little more damage in slamming him, save some rage so you can cleave it on the next set. Basic stuff you pick up once you get a feel for the spec.
    On Galakras, I think the common consensus ATM is that Fury might perform just as well as Arms depending on what you are doing.
    Bladestorm is stronger for Fury than Arms and the CD lines up pretty well, Fury is a bit better if your in the towers, though difference is minimal, but definitely stronger in Phase 2.
    Arms sees good use on Dark Shaman and Spoils. Maybe Protectors, but high chance of messing up mechanics or having to turn SS off. Using Fury reforges for Arms isn't bad, new math showing Mastery can be good on 2 target, though anytime spent with one target Haste is still better. Arms is also definitely the "trash spec!"
    IMO Warrirors are in a decent place. I was near topping damage in my raid and most Wars I spoke to related the same. It's hard to compare exactly since WoL is broken, but Storm Bolt is sexy.
    Last edited by Archimtiros; 2013-09-11 at 03:36 PM. Reason: On phone, bad formatting

  20. #40
    Moderator sjsctt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    762
    This tier feels VERY strong for warriors. Sha of Pride is amazing too. Unfortunately our tanks refused to stack protectors up, so my arms damage was wet dicks on the fight but yeah, liking what I am seeing so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •