• normal

31 20.13%
  • dark

121 78.57%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW theme - which way would you wish for WoW to go in future

Soft - like at the moment (pandas, no great villain etc.), normal - just as it used to be in the past expansions, or darker than ever before (if so, share your ideas)?
    Last edited by mmoc2c8b8e0825; 2013-09-11 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A much darker expansion would be nice. Variation is always good, and it would be a stark contrast compared to MoP.

Deleted
    Yeah i wants dark and cool theme for cool and edgy people like me.

Deleted
    Blizzard should just disband the Horde, merge their races into the Alliance and then introduce The Burning Legion as a playable 'evil' faction. I could then level a Shivara and crush Human and Orc skulls with impunity.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see it just go in a direction that will immerse us in the situation. I want a story that you feel attached to. Wrath is the best example of that, in my opinion.

Garrosh as a villain just seems so dull because honestly, he started off as a whiny kid, and just turned into a cocky ass. People may say they like him, but we can't seriously connect with him as a character. Arthas was a proud prince, and the kingdom loved him. He put defending his people above everything, and that was his downfall. The fact that picking what seems to be the morally right choice, and having it end up worse just makes that story much more interesting.

If they focused more on that immersion of the player, I think that they could go in any direction and make it work. It just has to make us feel connected...

Dark and demonic!!! Killing large demons and vile dragons. God I would love that soooo much. The world itself doesnt need to be extremely dark, the contrast between a slightly dark (a lot darker then Pandaria) world and much darker dungeons and raids would also be nice. It would add to the feeling of danger in the instance. I would love that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish for WoW to drop as this Legion nonsense and pursue more old god/titan/lost civilization themes.

Quote Originally Posted by art-75 View Post
    Soft - like at the moment (pandas, no great villain etc.)
    Pay attention. WoW is at its darkest moment right now, stop spreading nonsense.

Oh, and Garrosh is the villian. He's been the villian since launch - its just half the playerbase has been working for him half the expansion.

Deleted
    so dark that Sylvanas plagues and kills everyone and rises them as forsaken, then we would have just one huge faction with undeads stinking it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the speculation about The Dark Below going around, do you seriously expect any other option to win?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Pay attention. WoW is at its darkest moment right now, stop spreading nonsense.

Oh, and Garrosh is the villian. He's been the villian since launch - its just half the playerbase has been working for him half the expansion.
    So they keep saying, but it's hard to tell when all you see everywhere you turn your head is a big, cute panda eyes and their so cute fatty bulb-like body shape.

You say Garrosh is the villain, but does he feel like one?

I'd like a combination of both. A full on soft expansion would suck, and a full on dark expansion would get very heavy headed. I'd like a combo of both, but Blizz also needs to realize when to make funny things and when to make dark things. For example, having the Plague Wing in ICC be a joke about baby abominations and a Futurama knock-off was a fucking traversty compared to the Construct Quarter in Naxx which made people piss their pants in Vanilla, and it really hindered immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a dark theme(Burning Legionish), but not another death knight class. I loved wotlk, but dislike the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be the one to say that I feel there needs to be some more grim dark stuff going on. I know the game is T for Teen but still..

I would hardly call the current expansion soft, but overall, i'd like a mix that balances out to normal in the end.

Grimdark is over the top dark. That is teen stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by art-75 View Post
    So they keep saying, but it's hard to tell when all you see everywhere you turn your head is a big, cute panda eyes and their so cute fatty bulb-like body shape.

You say Garrosh is the villain, but does he feel like one?
    A world that is obviously dark isn't as bad as has to pretend it isn't. There's also a difference between cute fat and heavy set builds. Pandaren aren't cute, at least the males.
    Garrosh is certainly behaving villainiously as well.

Deleted
    I wish the "Black Forrest" the Old Gods are talking about is really freaking creepy. Creepy music playing, wind blowing, shadows lurking kind of creepy

What is considered Dark in the WoW universe ? Since so many voted for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is what I would like to know.

Did those voters consider TBC dark? Nagrand? Certainly not. Zangamarsh? I'd call that bizarre. HFP? Dangerous and hellish, yes - but dark? And Terokkar, the Bone wastes, BEM and raids like SSC I call depressing but not dark.
    How about Kara Crypts? That dark enough for ya? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I wish the "Black Forrest" the Old Gods are talking about is really freaking creepy. Creepy music playing, wind blowing, shadows lurking kind of creepy
    Yeah, I can go for a place like that. However, restrict it to one or two zones, having a whole expansion that is dark would be super tiring, I already get tired of being in Dread Wastes after an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Dark like in Vanilla.
    Excluding Naxx and C'thun Vanilla was very bright and colorful. It wasn't dark in the slightest.