10+ Year Old Account

been saving a time card for 5.4

do i play now or later?

-no guild
    -outdated gear

now:
    -get in with flex/normal pugs while everyone is on the learning curve, less expecations, more enjoyment
    -won't get to see final lfr/flex wings unlocked

later:
    -all lfr wings available for gear
    -everyone's killed most of the bosses, wider gear gap, all flex/raid pugs now require SoO achieves

i'm thinking if i sub now, i might get to enjoy a nice wipe-a-thon or two in flex mode. which is what i miss about the game. what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    -outdated gear
    How would you get in a normal pug/flex now with outdated gears? They will require earlier raid achievements as well as good gears now at the start of this raid. In fact now it will be even more important to have good gears and some solid raid experience considering how new everything is to everyone.

Nobody would want to bring an under-geared person to a newly released raid.

You will face same problem now as you will later when trying to get into raids later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calene View Post
    Nobody would want to bring an under-geared person to a newly released raid.
    it depends on the group and server i guess. my server is a pretty decent raid server though, where that kind of attitude isn't as popular.

depends on how outdated 'outdated' means. regardless, i'd get on and start gearing. better chance at having a good spot in SoO if you're there getting kills/achieves and experience right off the bat. i'm sure if you sub now you'll get to experience more than 1 or 2 wipe-a-thons this week, which is really what you're looking for. lol

Our guild is planning on bringing along a wide variety of people to our weekend flex raids, so long as they make a decent effort to gear up with Timeless Isle basic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    better chance at having a good spot in SoO if you're there getting kills/achieves and experience right off the bat. i'm sure if you sub now you'll get to experience more than 1 or 2 wipe-a-thons this week, which is really what you're looking for. lol
    yeah i just wanna play. and not be unable to get a group for anything but lfr.