Android Kindle app requires permanent WiFi...

Ok so is there any way around this? I'm at the point of simply punching a hole through my door.
    I simply can't understand what this is supposed to fucking be. I have a Galaxy Nexus and eBooks on the device. It used to work perfectly until a few updates ago when for some reason it started requiring me to log in my Amazon account.

WHY ON EARTH IS THAT FUCKING THERE AND IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND IT!?!?!?. I want to read when I'm in the subway... there's no internet either way. I don't even have an internet plan because I don't need internet on my phone. I do however need books, I want to read without having to carry a phone and a Kindle or a phone and a book.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRAAAAAAAA

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should remember your login information everytime automatically (I just checked mine, still does). Try reinstalling and logging in again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I just put my Droid into airplane mode and I was able to get to all the Kindle books I downloaded just fine.

Re-installed it, logged in, closed it twice(w/o WiFi). Starting it the 3rd time without interwebz made it require a log in again >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like DRM

you can either deal with it, or acquire pirated copies of the books you bought that have had their DRM stripped out (note: removing the DRM yourself is illegal in the US)

*edit: i mean to acquire books you already own, not ones you don't
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-09-10 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    sounds like DRM

you can either deal with it, or acquire pirated copies of the books you bought that have had their DRM stripped out (note: removing the DRM yourself is illegal in the US)
    Good thing I'm not in the US... sigh all I wanted was some Lovecraft during subway rides so I can imagine Cthulu eating the others instead of me doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Good thing I'm not in the US... sigh all I wanted was some Lovecraft during subway rides so I can imagine Cthulu eating the others instead of me doing it.
    it's pretty much an ongoing problem, content owners are enforcing ever tighter and more annoying DRM methods to stop piracy, the problem is that its often so intrusive and annoying that it drives more people to pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like DRM
    I don't think it's DRM anything. Kindle books on my Android phone work fine with no connection of any kind.

Seems more like it's losing your account info or something. Try clearing the data from the kindle app under the application manager in settings.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I don't think it's DRM anything. Kindle books on my Android phone work fine with no connection of any kind.

Seems more like it's losing your account info or something. Try clearing the data from the kindle app under the application manager in settings.
    it's possible, but given that "always on DRM" is the new hot thing among rights holders, its hard not to think otherwise

it's possible, but given that "always on DRM" is the new hot thing among rights holders, its hard not to think otherwise
    You see, the issue here is that Lovecraft's works are apparently public domain. I got it working now by removing the copy I bought from Amazon with a random one from a guys website... How is it that they put bloody DRM on something that should be public domain T.T!

Deleted
    Maybe if you were lucky you could find a patch of some sort.