Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could one of you NA people..

When you Americans start getting in, could someone please check and report back if the Mogu rune of Fates has the same ridiculous 2500 timeless coin cost? Just so I can plan my day around it, thanks.

I will say I was looking at that myself scratching my head. Seems pretty crazy of a price after giving us a means of getting a possible 20 Elder charms in one Palace run. But maybe with the 496 gear dropping like candy, their thoughts are that you won't need any Mogu coins to get into SoO.

Servers wont be back up for quite some time. If am able to login when they do come up ill post back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I will say I was looking at that myself scratching my head. Seems pretty crazy of a price after giving us a means of getting a possible 20 Elder charms in one Palace run. But maybe with the 496 gear dropping like candy, their thoughts are that you won't need any Mogu coins to get into SoO.
    What a huge mistake that would be. I absolutely love the feel and ways of Throne of Thunder and actually having coins to spend would build up even more incentive for me to visit the place. There has been alot of complaints on the PTR forums but no blue has responded directly nor has it been mentioned in any patch-notes either.

Players in 550ilvl gear might be able to farm coins at a rate which would justify the cost but think about how long its going to take a healer who has barely gotten out of the first tier of the expansion. Like a whole days work for one or two coins right there for a chance to get a random loot from a boss.

The price feels even more absurd since you can buy special keys for 500 timeless coins and open chests that can contain crafting materials that create 535 ilvl items.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-09-10 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    What a huge mistake that would be. I absolutely love the feel and ways of Throne of Thunder and actually having coins to spend would build up even more incentive for me to visit the place. There has been alot of complaints on the PTR forums but no blue has responded directly nor has it been mentioned in any patch-notes either.
    While it doesn't do it on the PTR it would seem the cavern of Lost spirits, which you help Zahrym find his body and loot the chest along the way would be the ideal spot to have mogu coins drop. Granted, if you get hit by a spirit 10 secs in you're going to be pretty angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just need one Mogu coin per character per week, as long as I still miss LFR-Primordius's Living Blood. Doesnt seem too much of a hassle.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'll just need one Mogu coin per character per week, as long as I still miss LFR-Primordius's Living Blood. Doesnt seem too much of a hassle.
    Personally I've spent about 60 coins on my characters combined on Horridon/Council/Ji-kun without seeing any of the trinkets so just one coin really won't do for my taste if the drop rate hasn't been massively increased.

Since I won't have access to the new raid this week anyway I was really looking forward to being able to finish up what I wasn't able to gather during 5.3 to be fully ready for next week.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-09-10 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darsh333 View Post
    servers wont be back up for quite some time.
    don't torture me.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-09-10 at 03:28 PM.

Ways to gear up rapidly

1. Shado-pan assault - 522 bought with reduced VP
    2. Other former reps - 496 bought with JP
    3. Timeless Isle drops - 496 (one piece 535 on day 1)
    4. AC world bosses - 558 drops
    5. Heroic scenario - 516 drop
    6. Very cheap crafted stuff
    7. Vendors on timeless island that sell gear for TI coins

Honestly, if you are trying to use LFR RNG (even with coins) to gear up, that is a mistake. Get to the island!

15+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, isn't 2500 coins not really that much? From what I've heard, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Ways to gear up rapidly

1. Shado-pan assault - 522 bought with reduced VP
    2. Other former reps - 496 bought with JP
    3. Timeless Isle drops - 496 (one piece 535 on day 1)
    4. AC world bosses - 558 drops
    5. Heroic scenario - 516 drop
    6. Very cheap crafted stuff
    7. Vendors on timeless island that sell gear for TI coins

Honestly, if you are trying to use LFR RNG (even with coins) to gear up, that is a mistake. Get to the island!
    Anyone that could honestly use the coins would still have to do ToT for the legendary quest catch up anyway. I may as well try to have coins for each boss when I go in and offering me 15+ in one treasure run for the older tier yet putting these behind days of farming to get near that same 15 seems counter-intuitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    how quickly can you get timeless coins?

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    For what it's worth, isn't 2500 coins not really that much? From what I've heard, at least.
    Well, I guess it's all a matter of how much you're willing to grind. Everything drops coins, even if it's just 1. Took me a couple of days to get the 5000 needed for the legendary quests, could have gotten it in 1 day, but seriously, just running around killing mobs for hours is hardly fun.
    Most elite rars drops around 200-400 coins. Of course, lots of Chest to loot coins.
    I wouldn't call 2500 cake walk though. I'd say that's about your average day worth of grinding. I suspect we'll see farm parties in which people just join raids and run around and kill and loot. I don't see Isles being that interesting after the first 2 weeks though.

Deleted
    Well, I guess it's all a matter of how much you're willing to grind. Everything drops coins, even if it's just 1. Took me a couple of days to get the 5000 needed for the legendary quests, could have gotten it in 1 day, but seriously, just running around killing mobs for hours is hardly fun.
    Most elite rars drops around 200-400 coins. Of course, lots of Chest to loot coins.
    I wouldn't call 2500 cake walk though. I'd say that's about your average day worth of grinding. I suspect we'll see farm parties in which people just join raids and run around and kill and loot. I don't see Isles being that interesting after the first 2 weeks though.
    It took me 30min to get 5k coins.

-

Do people really expect everything to go easy? Do something for a change, earn your rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

-

Do people really expect everything to go easy? Do something for a change, earn your rewards.
    30 mins of farming sounds extremely boring.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I was playing today on PTR, just for fun... Got 6000 coins in about a hour. I have killed 8rare mobs, each give 250-350 + 10chests with 350each. But yeah, its a ptr and there was not so many ppl aroud.
    On frist few weeks after the patch, you could easily get 2000-2500 in 1 hour. Just do circles around the isle and kill rare elites (same as in isle of thunder) and on the way look for small chests... I don't see any problems at all.

Servers are up. Mogu coins are 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

Alot of the high reward quests are one time deals and/or have a cooldown that varies from a day to a week. Chests and rare spawns that might reward decent rewards will be stormed by the whole server and are hardly reliable.

The main problem is still that farming one Mogu coin will on average take longer than farming 50 lesser charms and getting 3 new coins which is retarded. With a cost like this people will just completely skip ToT and use more and more pvp gear which is not a good thing.

Servers are up. Mogu coins are 2500
    FML.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me less than an hour of randomly running around on the timeless isle to get around 5000 coins. I did a few of the starting quests and just looted random chests (there's the 'big ones' and loads of little 'moss covered' ones). Don't know if the drop rates were inflated on the PTR so people could test stuff but, if it stays the same on live it won't be that hard to get lots of coins.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Alot of the high reward quests are one time deals and/or have a cooldown that varies from a day to a week. Chests and rare spawns that might reward decent rewards will be stormed by the whole server and are hardly reliable.

The main problem is still that farming one Mogu coin will on average take longer than farming 50 lesser charms and getting 3 new coins which is retarded. With a cost like this people will just completely skip ToT and use more and more pvp gear which is not a good thing.
    The PvP gear thing isn't a bad thing either though. It's close enough to PvE gear in most cases.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest