Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I got Frost mage to 30 on the 2nd try. That is not my main.

On my WW Monk which is my main (and I feel I'm much better at playing it) I can't get past 15. The DPS challenge is very unfriendly to melee. There is far too much running around to really optimize dps. I'll keep trying, but it's pretty brutally unbalanced for ranged vs. melee imo.

I feel like Ranged DPS and Melee DPS should have been two different challenges.
    This makes me feel better. I haven't done any PG on live yet because was focused on my cloak yesterday, but I had trouble on my rogue on the PTR, couldn't even beat gold (although to be fair, I only tried like two times) and I don't think I'm a bad player. I guess that also explains why my rogue buddy, who is very good and is rank 10 brawler's guild, was having trouble getting more than ten waves into endless.

Healer gold was easy, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    gonna do the tank challenge on a warlock see how far i get :P
    It's gonna be my "Complete a challenge with the wrong spec" class of choice for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to Gold 10/10 but wasn't able to kill the Sha in time (got him to 15% and then his shield went back up) Going to try again tonight after raid. Didn't bother reforging my exp back to 7.5 and dicked up CD usage. Should have him tonight.

EDIT: On my DK if anyone was wondering/cared

Double edit: Oh man, I'm glyphed all wrong too. damnit.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2013-09-11 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Completed tank silver on hunter without much issue (for the achieve), the only thing important was to not let the small virmen reach the boss by chaining traps and aoe stun on them, the small virmens really rape the healer.

Isn't being true melee fun?

[You're Doing it Wrong]

Done as a arms warr in prot gear. NEVER FUCKING AGAIN.

Think it was world first too..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Isn't being true melee fun?
    Not even a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Arms Warr can't get past 8 endless. Doing all I can though, so arms must suck at it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    [You're Doing it Wrong]

Done as a arms warr in prot gear. NEVER FUCKING AGAIN.

Think it was world first too..
    Should have done the tank one on your warlock I did on hunter and was very easy. Figure a warlock with voidwalker would be pretty similar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I got Frost mage to 30 on the 2nd try. That is not my main.

On my WW Monk which is my main (and I feel I'm much better at playing it) I can't get past 15. The DPS challenge is very unfriendly to melee. There is far too much running around to really optimize dps. I'll keep trying, but it's pretty brutally unbalanced for ranged vs. melee imo.

I feel like Ranged DPS and Melee DPS should have been two different challenges.
    I would actually agree with this, and am surprised it was not done in this fashion. They did this with the Wrathion solo quest, separating melee DPS and caster/ranged DPS. They should have done so with this, as well.

Does the title unlock to your entire account? I'd love to run around with my hunter as "the Proven Healer". :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I would actually agree with this, and am surprised it was not done in this fashion. They did this with the Wrathion solo quest, separating melee DPS and caster/ranged DPS. They should have done so with this, as well.

Does the title unlock to your entire account? I'd love to run around with my hunter as "the Proven Healer". :P
    It does unlock to account.

Deleted
    How far are other arms warriors getting? 9 on endless seems to be all I can do at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    How far are other arms warriors getting? 9 on endless seems to be all I can do at the moment.
    Got to wave 7 on my arms warr.
    27 on warlock
    28 on mage

wave 8 gold on disc priest

Will bash my head in PG until I have the 30 medal though I'm unsure if I should practice on my warlock or mage.

Endless for tank is just... stupid. These mobs hit so hard for 463 gear, and you can't kite most of them since they seem to either ignore slows, or just run fast in general. Swapping to power strikes and master reforges helped a bit, but not that much. (wave 28 so far )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Endless for tank is just... stupid. These mobs hit so hard for 463 gear, and you can't kite most of them since they seem to either ignore slows, or just run fast in general. Swapping to power strikes and master reforges helped a bit, but not that much. (wave 28 so far )
    I found it fairly easy to get endless on a tank as a paladin, got 30 on the fourth try, suicided on wave 34 as I needed to go do flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I found it fairly easy to get endless on a tank as a paladin, got 30 on the fourth try, suicided on wave 34 as I needed to go do flex.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure if I went over to my paladin I could kill it pretty fast, but this low of a gear level is brutal on a BrM. I don't have the armor to back up back avoidance RNG and stagger requires too much clearing for my haste.

The damage is pretty intense though, even for me as a Paladin. I have to pop cooldowns nearly every wave and my health still falls like a rock, usually before I even get a chance to hit 5 HP; I find I end up spamming Shield every time I get 3 just to try and survive. They hit pretty damn hard.

Deleted
    You have GOT to be kidding me.

Deleted
    I did 65 waves on my spriest

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The damage is pretty intense though, even for me as a Paladin. I have to pop cooldowns nearly every wave and my health still falls like a rock, usually before I even get a chance to hit 5 HP; I find I end up spamming Shield every time I get 3 just to try and survive. They hit pretty damn hard.
    Heh, I eventually got to wave 32 on my brewmaster. Had to do a lot of gear/talent changes to get it and compensate for the lack of BrM CDs to deal with some of the harder hitting adds. Our pally tank started working on it and hit wave 19 and got globaled, so it pretty much seems that the tank endless one is hope for some decent RNG in terms of avoidance, and that the monk in the middle actually DPS's what you want her to DPS (you know, the ones attacking you and not the one you parlyised accross the room so that you only had to deal with 2 large wing guys instead of 3 >.>).

After actually "finishing" endless though, I'm really happy I went and did that. Proving grounds is pretty fun, and I actually like the ittle now that I know there is actually a decent skill and class knowledge requirement in order to complete it. Honestly the only solo thing in the game that I think requires more class knowledge would be the kanrethad fight for warlock. Really glad blizzard did well with Proving grounds.