Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best way to obtain new world drop recipes?

So i have quite a few alts with engineering and/or tailoring that are pretty undergeared (<470 ilvl.)

I noticed that there were some new daily xmutes for engineering and tailoring, and the recipes for those are world drops.

What is the best farm them? Can they drop from heroic dungeons?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just kill random 50 mobs and it will drop (for leather workers i think you need to kill beasts).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Thanks for the responses.

I've found that farming the recipes from Farwatch Overlook in Townlong Steppes (the place where you get the vanity cremating torch item from a quest) to be pretty effective. The pandas keep a constant supply of mantid coming from the trees, and you can tag them even when they're at low health.

A followup question regarding this. Does the daily thing you can make share CD with the current leatherworking pattern discover thing and same with tailoring?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay just spent a bit of time on a few of my characters to acquire the patterns. I was able to get The Blacksmithing pattern in one rare spawn kill. Within the next two kills I was able to acquire the Engineering one on my same Character. My friends as well acquired the Tailoring and Leatherworking one. As well the cds are different and you can use both the previous tier pattern cd, this current one and any profession cd and not worry about being locked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bs and engineering when I was farming coins for my cloak this morning.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Do you need to have 600 in the profession skill to get the drops? Got the BS item on my priest who has 600 skill pretty quickly, but my hunter has 580 engineering and hasn't managed to get the drop after 45 minutes.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

The drops say they require 600 of whatever profession to learn. There are very few BoP recipes since Wrath that drop regardless of whether or not you have sufficient skill points.

Hands down the best way to get the profession patterns is the turtles in vale. I got my engineering/LW/BS and tailoring patterns all in about a half hours work

For my tank characters I just ran LFR and got all of my patterns before Iron Qon. For my Rogue I got the BS and Engineering patterns in about 30 minutes waiting for LFR.

I've found that the best drops are in dungeons, but YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by xipo View Post
    A followup question regarding this. Does the daily thing you can make share CD with the current leatherworking pattern discover thing and same with tailoring?
    For leatherworking (and I imagine it would be the same for tailoring and blacksmithing), the CDs are not shared. I can discover a 5.2 pattern with the old CD and a 5.4 pattern with the new CD on the same day.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    same with tailoring, two different cooldowns

Deleted
    I was just farming on Timeless isle, dropped after 20-30 mobs. Other proff got their drop within 10-40mobs. So it has high dropchance atleast there.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    every recipe have a high drop chance, i dropped 1xTail, 1xLW, 1xBS and 2xEng in half an hour (all different alts)

My engineer rogue is severely undergeared, and got the new recipes (inc. the sky golem mount) within about 4-5 kills in the Jade Forest. Super high drop rate, it seems.

For those wondering; its possible to get these on a lvl85 char, as long as you have 600 skill.
    Just kill a couple mobs in Jade Forrest and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AvaEve View Post
    So i have quite a few alts with engineering and/or tailoring that are pretty undergeared (<470 ilvl.)

I noticed that there were some new daily xmutes for engineering and tailoring, and the recipes for those are world drops.

What is the best farm them? Can they drop from heroic dungeons?

Thanks in advance.
    I got the engineering drop in a dungeon.

I got all the drops on my crafters very quickly after the patch hit, requiring little to no farming. They also drop plentiful in flex mode, so they'll probably drop in any other dungeon/raid as well. During Flex mode last wednesday, all crafters got their plans before the 2nd boss (roughly 6-7 drops).

Quote Originally Posted by yzzie View Post
    My engineer rogue is severely undergeared, and got the new recipes (inc. the sky golem mount) within about 4-5 kills in the Jade Forest. Super high drop rate, it seems.
    If you get the engineering plans, you automatically learn all the schematics that use the crafted item (two pets, mount and cooking bag). Blacksmithing/Tailoring/Leatherworking all learn the standard craft, the accelerated one and one random new recipy (I mostly received PvE pieces as my auto-learned plan, but that might have been lucky).
    Last edited by Delaios; 2013-09-15 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    For leatherworking (and I imagine it would be the same for tailoring and blacksmithing), the CDs are not shared. I can discover a 5.2 pattern with the old CD and a 5.4 pattern with the new CD on the same day.
    It does in fact share the cooldown for tailoring :<

Edit: or apparently that's been fixed. I tried it on the first day and couldn't make both, today I checked and was able to. Not complaining!
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-09-16 at 01:27 AM.