Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    All because Devai joined them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

"This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

This thread will stay open until few other guilds have gotten heroic Garrosh kill.

Refrain from all and any Asia vs the rest of the world discussion, it has no place here.

Azshira Edit: ANY posts about the Asia vs EU/US debacle will be dealt with and harshly (you had 3 warnings now)
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-09-30 at 06:32 AM.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished || RECRUITING for WoD
    Stream | Kill Videos | Youtube | Moderator of R & D | Open Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    This thread will stay open until few other guilds have gotten heroic Garrosh kill.

Refrain from all and any Asia vs the rest of the world discussion, it has no place here.
    has there ever been any thought to just letting the official world first threads be like the wild west, a pure FFA thread?, and just save yourselves the hassle like it only happens for 2 or 3 weeks twice a year. seems almost pointless to try and over moderate it when it always turns out to be such a shit show of 10v25 and all that nonsense.

sorry for going off topic, but im actually kind of curious.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-09-30 at 06:39 AM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Wait what? Are you new?
    To me Method perpetually feels like the underdog, most likely because of

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    has there ever been any thought to just letting the official world first threads be like the wild west, a pure FFA thread?, and just save yourselves the hassle
    The mods aren't necessarily in here checking every post, most likely people are reporting posts which they have to act on.
    Last edited by IKT; 2013-09-30 at 07:31 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

I still don't know if I'm rooting for Method or Paragon... Seems like Method will bring this home though, based on their progression so far, but the Garrosh fight seems to be about the same in difficulty both in 10man and 25man compared to some other fights (like Thok 25man being a lot easier or Malkorok 10man being easier). I still think Paragon will down him with a lower ilvl though. Would've been more fair if Warforged gear got released like 2 weeks after the release of the raid instead of instantly or if 25man dropped warforged tokens after the last boss in the instance had been killed on your server or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Is the 10 man version of the raid in Asia easier than the 25man?
    Yes. A lot easier since their 10mans are tuned easier and 25man drops better gear.
    Last edited by Megamisama; 2013-09-30 at 07:38 AM.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    To me Method perpetually feels like the underdog, most likely because of
    You're quoting me things that are up to 5 years old lol. Look at what they have done this expansion and tell me how they feel like underdogs in it. They have been in the forefront the entire expansion, last tier especially Killing Lei Shen an entire reset before any other guild. I get what you're saying, they've had a lot of world 2nds . I kinda feel like quoting that list shows just how strong Method is though with world 1st and 2nd littered all over the place for years and now a lot of the competition has died out. However, I'm not sure things from 3 years ago are relevant at all here. In terms of what they have done this expansion over the past 12 months I really REALLY don't see how you could consider them an underdog for Garrosh, at all.

More importantly, I guess, is who do you think they are underdogs to??
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-09-30 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Malkorok 10man being easier
    I would say they're pretty similar.

You're quoting me things that are up to 5 years old lol.
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE

More importantly, I guess, is who do you think they are underdogs to??
    It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I still don't know if I'm rooting for Method or Paragon... Seems like Method will bring this home though, based on their progression so far, but the Garrosh fight seems to be about the same in difficulty both in 10man and 25man compared to some other fights (like Thok 25man being a lot easier or Malkorok 10man being easier). I still think Paragon will down him with a lower ilvl though. Would've been more fair if Warforged gear got released like 2 weeks after the release of the raid instead of instantly or if 25man dropped warforged tokens after the last boss in the instance had been killed on your server or something like that.
    Raden was killed with 4 ilvl less by Sanitas and paragon (compared to Method ilvl at kill time), so 10 man is proly tuned with 4 ilvl less in mind which seems completely fair. But again its impossible to compare 10 and 25 since no guild can ever do them both in same time, however it seems they are pretty close : )
    Last edited by Xjev; 2013-09-30 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    All because Devai joined them.
    IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-09-30 at 08:07 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE

It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.
    ok, but who are the guilds that have beat them in the past 5 years that are still raiding today?

nilhilum
    ensidia
    paragon
    the odd American guild on non end tier bosses..
    in what world can you possibly spin them as the under dog when none of the guilds that have beat them are even racing them anymore?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Duality joins the 12/14 club when they downed Siegecrafter today. Gratz guys!
    Well what do you know, an actual useful post that's on topic. Grats Duality.

IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    I think they were more referring to the "recognition" he brought to their guild. Lot of people saw them and heard about them when he joined and streamed their raids and talked about them, etc.

Ghinz Carrying R.E.M! Gratz Rapid Eye Movement
    Frostwhisper EU - Hulkovius Elemental Shaman 14/14 HC. Armory

Sylvanas EU - Hulkoviusx Sub/Combat Rogue 11/14 HC Armory

Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    Not So Serious and Rapid Eye Movement both went from 10->25 during the lull-phase of ToT, as far as I know. Both have done extremely well so far, but you also have to keep in mind that both guilds raid *alot*. As mentioned earlier, extensions, added days etc are always part of the races among the "top" guilds, and both NSS/REM are already "6 days" guilds with ~25+ hour schedules (before extensions and added days) according to their officall statements.

Don't get me wrong at all, both guilds are extremely good and it's fucking awesome to see that "newcomers" actually have a chance even in todays game (on that note, does anyone know what the story about TG gaming is? last tier they were ranked west 222, now they're in the top 10, would love to hear what happened - is it the old Pulse re-incarnated?) - but it does kind of emphasize the fact that as long as your guild is in the top 50-100, adding more hours is enough to shoot you up the ranks .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-09-30 at 09:02 AM.

Can someone tell me where the whine about the asian guild getting world first garrosh stops so I dont have to skip 20 pages?

Spam - Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-09-30 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Can someone tell me where the whine about the asian guild getting world first garrosh stops so I dont have to skip 20 pages?
    You just purposefully try to make this thread worse, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

"This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Let's be serious for a second there. Guilds aren't even close to a kill on LFR Garrosh, let alone reach him. they didn't even kill Blackfuse or Paragons yet.
    It's pretty obvious which one is more prestigious.
    You made my day
    Boulé, healing druid, EU-Arak-arahm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey
    So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

(on that note, does anyone know what the story about TG gaming is? last tier they were ranked west 222, now they're in the top 10, would love to hear what happened - is it the old Pulse re-incarnated?) - but it does kind of emphasize the fact that as long as your guild is in the top 50-100, adding more hours is enough to shoot you up the ranks .
    Not 100 % sure but I think most of the Pulse member left that guild and formed TG Gaming, they're doing really great this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    For us Bl is ahead I know but I'm rooting for midwinter. I wonder how many hours a day they have been raiding
    Like 6-8, depending on the day.