1. #3481
    Duality joins the 12/14 club when they downed Siegecrafter today. Gratz guys!

  2. #3482
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I'm personally hoping for Method for World First. I dunno why, but I feel like they were kind of the underdogs going in.
    Wait what? Are you new?

  3. #3483
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I'm personally hoping for Method for World First. I dunno why, but I feel like they were kind of the underdogs going in.
    if i say the 5 letter word that rhymes with stroll i will probably be red carded, but serious dude...
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  4. #3484
    Over 9000! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I'm personally hoping for Method for World First.
    Indeed. I kind of hope Paragon doesn't get the world first since I want 25m to win.

    Go Method.

  5. #3485
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,477
    Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  6. #3486
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    All because Devai joined them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  7. #3487
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    3,489
    This thread will stay open until few other guilds have gotten heroic Garrosh kill.

    Refrain from all and any Asia vs the rest of the world discussion, it has no place here.

    Azshira Edit: ANY posts about the Asia vs EU/US debacle will be dealt with and harshly (you had 3 warnings now)
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-09-30 at 06:32 AM.
    Mari of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid | Youtube | My Anime list
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  8. #3488
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    This thread will stay open until few other guilds have gotten heroic Garrosh kill.

    Refrain from all and any Asia vs the rest of the world discussion, it has no place here.
    has there ever been any thought to just letting the official world first threads be like the wild west, a pure FFA thread?, and just save yourselves the hassle like it only happens for 2 or 3 weeks twice a year. seems almost pointless to try and over moderate it when it always turns out to be such a shit show of 10v25 and all that nonsense.

    sorry for going off topic, but im actually kind of curious.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-09-30 at 06:39 AM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  9. #3489
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Wait what? Are you new?
    To me Method perpetually feels like the underdog, most likely because of




    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    has there ever been any thought to just letting the official world first threads be like the wild west, a pure FFA thread?, and just save yourselves the hassle
    The mods aren't necessarily in here checking every post, most likely people are reporting posts which they have to act on.
    Last edited by IKT; 2013-09-30 at 07:31 AM.

  10. #3490
    I still don't know if I'm rooting for Method or Paragon... Seems like Method will bring this home though, based on their progression so far, but the Garrosh fight seems to be about the same in difficulty both in 10man and 25man compared to some other fights (like Thok 25man being a lot easier or Malkorok 10man being easier). I still think Paragon will down him with a lower ilvl though. Would've been more fair if Warforged gear got released like 2 weeks after the release of the raid instead of instantly or if 25man dropped warforged tokens after the last boss in the instance had been killed on your server or something like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Is the 10 man version of the raid in Asia easier than the 25man?
    Yes. A lot easier since their 10mans are tuned easier and 25man drops better gear.
    Last edited by Megamisama; 2013-09-30 at 07:38 AM.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  11. #3491
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    To me Method perpetually feels like the underdog, most likely because of
    You're quoting me things that are up to 5 years old lol. Look at what they have done this expansion and tell me how they feel like underdogs in it. They have been in the forefront the entire expansion, last tier especially Killing Lei Shen an entire reset before any other guild. I get what you're saying, they've had a lot of world 2nds . I kinda feel like quoting that list shows just how strong Method is though with world 1st and 2nd littered all over the place for years and now a lot of the competition has died out. However, I'm not sure things from 3 years ago are relevant at all here. In terms of what they have done this expansion over the past 12 months I really REALLY don't see how you could consider them an underdog for Garrosh, at all.

    More importantly, I guess, is who do you think they are underdogs to??
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-09-30 at 07:42 AM.

  12. #3492
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Malkorok 10man being easier
    I would say they're pretty similar.

  13. #3493
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    You're quoting me things that are up to 5 years old lol.
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    More importantly, I guess, is who do you think they are underdogs to??
    It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.

  14. #3494
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I still don't know if I'm rooting for Method or Paragon... Seems like Method will bring this home though, based on their progression so far, but the Garrosh fight seems to be about the same in difficulty both in 10man and 25man compared to some other fights (like Thok 25man being a lot easier or Malkorok 10man being easier). I still think Paragon will down him with a lower ilvl though. Would've been more fair if Warforged gear got released like 2 weeks after the release of the raid instead of instantly or if 25man dropped warforged tokens after the last boss in the instance had been killed on your server or something like that.
    Raden was killed with 4 ilvl less by Sanitas and paragon (compared to Method ilvl at kill time), so 10 man is proly tuned with 4 ilvl less in mind which seems completely fair. But again its impossible to compare 10 and 25 since no guild can ever do them both in same time, however it seems they are pretty close : )
    Last edited by Xjev; 2013-09-30 at 07:57 AM.

  15. #3495
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    All because Devai joined them.
    IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-09-30 at 08:07 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  16. #3496
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE



    It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.
    ok, but who are the guilds that have beat them in the past 5 years that are still raiding today?

    nilhilum
    ensidia
    paragon
    the odd American guild on non end tier bosses..
    in what world can you possibly spin them as the under dog when none of the guilds that have beat them are even racing them anymore?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  17. #3497
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Duality joins the 12/14 club when they downed Siegecrafter today. Gratz guys!
    Well what do you know, an actual useful post that's on topic. Grats Duality.

  18. #3498
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    I think they were more referring to the "recognition" he brought to their guild. Lot of people saw them and heard about them when he joined and streamed their raids and talked about them, etc.

  19. #3499
    Ghinz Carrying R.E.M! Gratz Rapid Eye Movement
    Das Hulk yes.

    Once Hardcore always Hardcore.

  20. #3500
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    Not So Serious and Rapid Eye Movement both went from 10->25 during the lull-phase of ToT, as far as I know. Both have done extremely well so far, but you also have to keep in mind that both guilds raid *alot*. As mentioned earlier, extensions, added days etc are always part of the races among the "top" guilds, and both NSS/REM are already "6 days" guilds with ~25+ hour schedules (before extensions and added days) according to their officall statements.

    Don't get me wrong at all, both guilds are extremely good and it's fucking awesome to see that "newcomers" actually have a chance even in todays game (on that note, does anyone know what the story about TG gaming is? last tier they were ranked west 222, now they're in the top 10, would love to hear what happened - is it the old Pulse re-incarnated?) - but it does kind of emphasize the fact that as long as your guild is in the top 50-100, adding more hours is enough to shoot you up the ranks .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-09-30 at 09:02 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •