So are primary or secondary stats going to be more valuable for ele with the new gear

I'm sure people will probably have to find out, but have there been any predictions from PTR?
    Wonderlube- Ele shaman (Illidan)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    I'm sure people will probably have to find out, but have there been any predictions from PTR?
    Wait till patch comes out tomorrow then give it a few days for people to get some gear and do some number crunching, my guess is that mastery is going to be the ace for this patch, some people are saying we can cap 100% mastery in early heroic / full normal gear if geared right, if this ends up being so then mastery > int in my opinion because of all the cleave fights we'll own on.

Haste is still ahead of mastery, and both are ahead of int. We won't cap mastery as people thought.

Well I just simmed my char (ilvl 536, legendary cloak) and I got these scalings from 50k iterations: Int 5.75, crit 2.39, haste 2.30, and mastery 2.70.

I am currently gemmed mostly for haste, so I guess I'll switch some of that to mastery instead, and not completely forego the primary stat either. Maybe pure int in some of the red gems just to keep it balanced.

The answer tho, as always will be...sim your character, but know that these scalings shift constantly as you get more primary and secondary stats. I could go full on mastery now, then re-sim my character and find out that mastery isn't my best choice anymore but maybe I need to add back some haste etc.

Whereas last tier I got haste+1200ish>Mastery, so Far I am simming mastery slightly ahead, the levels I am at now are optimized according to simcraft, If I reforge into anymore haste from mastery its a DPS loss, but Vice versa is also a DPS loss.

Note that Mastery is also your best AoE stat, very slightly beating out crit, while haste is by far your worst stat, in fact haste is going to be your worst stat in any rotation that includes Chain lightning

Also to answer the OP's question, however, at about 530ish gear level, youll start to see secondary stats pull ahead

This is my setup for your reference

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced