Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    jokes still on you you still need to run LFR if you want the legendary cloak
    Most of that is speeded up a lot with the increase of drops, also you don't need to do dungeons if you dislike that like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    jokes still on you you still need to run LFR if you want the legendary cloak
    Only SoO, though, as it now has a catch up mechanic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome.

So torn... if I sub now then I won't get my "please come back" email in a few months throwing candy and free xpacs at me. But ... fun. First world problems!! D:

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..you say...."There is no pleasing people"? I mean..it is not exactly a new thing in WoW to allow alts (or late comers) to catch up. You'd rather farm your way up to ilv 522 on an alt over 12 months like you did on your main?
    Actually, I loved that aspect in TBC.

I started in Jan 2008 and had a goal to get what I could before WotLK launched. I got Champion of the Naaru by a hair! Sure this all takes longer when you do the very linear raid by raid journey, but then it is just that, A JOURNEY.

Let's not get in that debate here though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

it's the best thing in the world to gear alts and alt off specs. will deffo rack up plate tokens for my alt pallies offspecs

I could look it up when I got home, but ...

My lock has had particularly horrid luck with rings, as I still have a Fleshshapers (the other is a nice valor piece). Can you get rings out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    That's pretty sick. Even as a HC raider I love 'catch ups' like this. Makes the game so much more enjoyable on so many levels. I don't understand why people would be against it. It's not like in 496 gear you're suddenly going to be clearing Siege of Orgrimmar (well, maybe the first 3 bosses with an extremely insane group of HC raiders). Anyway, thanks Darsi.
    the ppl that don't like this are those with few or no alts, and feel cheated per say

This is good, very welcomed now. Should this have been in MoP start then not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My biggest problem is that 5.4 lacks gear for lfr raiders :S They really shouldn't have let us buy everything with valour...now i have a full set of 530gear making it pretty pointless to do lfr in 5.4 :S
    Totally agree with that. My dk has ilvl 525. What a big upgrade he will have with 530 <.<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    disgusting....
    goes everything that mmo stands for.
    Keep milking the newcomers blizzard
    Newcomers? NEWCOMERS!? There's newcomers in WoW? Very few, I'd venture saying.
    This is all about addressing the endless QQ durin Mists about how hard it is to gear up alts.
    Ask and ye shall be given.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this patch...is pretty awesome. Let's be honest, there's no reason catch up mechanics shouldn't be near instant this late in an expansion. We're on the last raid tier and this makes perfect sense. Additionally the ways to obtain the gear are rather fun. The Isle is very interesting and Flex raids already seem to be a hit. I've gotta say, I think they are headed in a great direction.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That's if they get them back online for 10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the upgraded versions are 535 soo lfr is 528 so its better than lfr gear only the timeless peices tho
    It's worse than LFR. LFR has awesome trinkets, sockets and set bonuses. The only pieces I can imagine that are better at the Timeless isle are boots, bracers, weapons, capes(lol), necks and rings. And can you even obtain the last 4 of those?

disgusting....
    When elitist jerks would not artificially inflate requirements then maybe such catchups might not be needed.
    But they continue to do so.
    Usual biased anti-blizzard rant with no consideration for the reasons.

It is either that or dungeons which you can then ignore for any reason other than valor, and would complain about instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just to clarify (all the disconnected info about Timeless is getting jumbled in my head).

I have one "geared" character (Hunter, iLevel 485) from very early MoP before I left back in late 2012, and then the rest are level 85 alts from Cata.

What would be the best way to approach gearing those alts up if I want to bring a stable of characters together for amusing myself in Proving Grounds? Level each class to 90 and spam Heroics for 463s + JP? Or would farming Timeless Isle be better? If so, should I just use the Hunter for that, or level each character and go through the Isle personally?

496 won't get you far when majority of raiders are dangling at 540+, the cap for a newly dinged player to get into raiding is way too long..

Except 496 is utter crap gear that won't even put you in ToT normals

Deleted
    disgusting....
    What's going on in Syria is disgusting. What this is, on the other hand, is allowing people to gear up alts for the current tier.

What is it with people like you throwing around the word 'disgusting' over nothing?

I think this sounds great kind of a last patch-of-the-expac treat for us all--everyone fussing about it ought to remember that its the last pandaria gear besides SoO and stuff--lighten up and explore

and as an aside--thanks for the valors not converting to justice so we have more time to play around :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

disgusting....
    Are you actually being serious right now?

Get off your high horse and open your eyes. MMO's are a business. you have to keep the players interested and up to date with the current content.

So what your saying is, you have to rinse and repeat MSV, ToT etc for months on your main, and repeat this process AGAIN and AGAIN on alts before you get to experience SoO?.

Also, look at the history of content patches. this is nothing new. Wrath had the ICC heroics slot machine/pinata gear, Cata had the Hour of Twilight heroics. look how boring that gearing up process became, rinse and repeat the same three heroics over and over and over again.

At least this way, the same gearing up principles are in a game world context, sure the island may get boring after a while. but at least there is variables in entertainment value.

Gah. cant please everyone.