Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Doesn't really look like he is building muscle.. But he is staying lean and pretty tone..

Are you suggesting we eat this man? Because i'm not saying i'm not against this.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Believe it or not thats what many people consider the perfect body, having muscles is considered disgusting nowadays. I intend to become as disgusting as possible.
    That's fine. I'm the guy you call when you have to move that sleeper sofa upstairs in your new apartment, not the guy you call when you need help getting your bedazzled ed hardy skinny jeans up your legs. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have nothing against vegan bodybuilders, but fruit only won't cut it, there is no way he is getting enough protein to build muscle.
    "Vegan" is certainly very different from fruit-only. I agree that fruit on its own isn't the most efficient avenue of muscle-building. If you add proper vegetables to that then things begin to look up tremendously. Vegetarians who are lacto-ovo are basically not disadvantaged in the slightest.

This dude calling himself a vegan-bodybuilder makes me want to slap him silly.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-09-12 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    "Vegan" is certainly very different from fruit-only. I agree that fruit on its own isn't the most efficient avenue of muscle-building. If you add proper vegetables to that then things begin to look up tremendously. Vegetarians who are lacto-ovo are basically not disadvantaged in the slightest.

This dude calling himself a vegan-bodybuilder makes me want to slap him silly.
    Even with vegetables you'd still have a hard time reaching the amount of protein you need, unless you're using tons of whey shakes. Off the top of my head, beans are (one of) the highest source of protein in fruits, but you'd still have to eat a ton of them to meet your requirements. Even then you're missing out on a bunch of essential amino acids.
    And on a side-note: Imagine the amount of farts and how badly they'd smell from someone getting all their protein from beans

Consuming dairy and egg-products, like you said, will give a nice boost though, and you don't have (that many) disadvantages indeed.
    Last edited by mmocc260283a87; 2013-09-12 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Even with vegetables you'd still have a hard time reaching the amount of protein you need, unless you're using tons of whey shakes.
    Blatantly false. I don't think most Vegans would take whey shakes anyway. You can more than easily reach your minimum protein requirement on vegetables alone, unless you're aiming for Jay Cutler's physique (moot point I guess though - that isn't even attainable for most without steroids). Vegetables provide protein of a lower quality, but it's not something that can't be made up for with quantity, because the whole idea of "protein quality" is based on the quantity of specific kinds of amino acids in them.

There is a certain ratio that is optimal for us, and the protein present in meat meets this better than that of vegetable protein, but eating a surplus of vegetable protein does solve the problem. This becomes more unfeasible at advanced levels, though, because you'd be eating a ridiculous of calories to meet those requirements. For 95% of the population, though, they can build muscle on vegetables at the same rate if they know what the fuck they're doing. Vegetarians who don't care about what kinds of proteins they eat will indeed be at a disadvantage as compared to meat-eaters who don't care about what kinds of proteins they eat, simply because meat-eaters get those quality proteins without even trying.

Off the top of my head, beans are (one of) the highest source of protein in fruits, but you'd still have to eat a ton of them to meet your requirements. Even then you're missing out on a bunch of essential amino acids.
    Beans, tofu, legumes, lentils. Brown rice with those give you a complete protein, and that means no essential amino acids are missing. Once again, you have to be meticulous as fuck about your diet.

Consuming dairy and egg-products, like you said, will give a nice boost though, and you don't have (that many) disadvantages indeed.
    I'd say the cost is actually a massive disadvantage. Egg whites, while one of the best sources of quality protein available for consumption, can be pretty costly. They also get boring quickly, but base your diet around them and you don't even have to care about getting your vegetable proteins right. Milk and eggs that are bought specifically from producers whom you know don't mistreat animals to acquire those tend to also be costlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Blatantly false. I don't think most Vegans would take whey shakes anyway. You can more than easily reach your minimum protein requirement on vegetables alone,
    Do you have some more information on what a vegans diet looks like while bulking? I could search it myself, but it looks like you know more about it and can find more credible sources.
    I'm currently bulking on 3-3.2k kcal per day and I can't imagine doing it without dairy products and such, so I'm rather curious

Deleted
    Ow shiiit its the sparrow legs club. Badass muscle lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Ow shiiit its the ultra marathon legs club. Badass muscle lol.
    Fix'd dat fu u twoll

Basing your health purely on the fact that you can see your muscles is a rather poor and uneducated way to promote a healthy lifestyle.

A body needs fat, not too much and equally not too little. That guy doesn't look unhealthy, but he doesn't look like he'll be at the top of his game without having to eat a ton of fruit every hour, just to balance out the calorie burn with enough of an in-take.

Also, the argument that; "Look at horses" is rather pathetic and stupid. Horses are built entirely different, have entirely different genetic and biological processes that allow them to be so muscular and we've breed them to be that way.

Deleted
    And you look like a narrow brain looking at a 2010 video, without looking at the rest of his channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    And you look like a narrow brain looking at a 2010 video, without looking at the rest of his channel.
    Why would we support him by looking at his other videos after giving out such shitty, unhealthy advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Horses eat grass + horses have muscle = eating grass gives muscle
    I love the logic behind this
    PM me weird stuff :3

Why would you do this, Starquake????

THANK YOU SKELETON

nothing but fruit cant be that good for the ol pancreas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Why would you do this, Starquake????

THANK YOU SKELETON
    Your gains will be spared