Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How are people using Seraphim as ret?

Ive seen more and more people talk about Seraphim, but I'm unsure of how to use it, on cooldown, on pull ect, how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump, want to know this too

10+ Year Old Account
    Costs five holy power. IDK how you could use it on the pull.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Probably means first thing you use HP for, kinda like how you get 3HP now, pop Inq and then pop CDs.

Extremely limited testing, but I found that it was best to key up 5 HoPo and then wait until my generators were off CD so I can hit them quickly while the Seraphim buff is up. Due to the cooldown on Seraphim you want to have some HoPo when you use it.

I suspect you would key this something like Holy Avenger as well, but it gives up AW talent.

This was only through leveling/questing and I have not used on a real group target.

10+ Year Old Account
    On pulls; stack 5 hopo, use Seraphim, and pop wings for profit. As far as during the encounter, you'd be stacking 5 hopo anyway as SW whether re-buffing Inquisition (live) or Seraphim (beta talent).

Also… By using the pvp holy set you can just cast flash of light (same as live) to start the pull (I'm assuming PVE situation) with Seraphim up.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Holy pvp gear. Mandatory since MoP launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JanthuSC View Post
    Extremely limited testing, but I found that it was best to key up 5 HoPo and then wait until my generators were off CD so I can hit them quickly while the Seraphim buff is up. Due to the cooldown on Seraphim you want to have some HoPo when you use it.

I suspect you would key this something like Holy Avenger as well, but it gives up AW talent.

This was only through leveling/questing and I have not used on a real group target.
    Yeah because not doing it on Cooldown would be stupid. your limited testing is noted.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy pvp gear. Mandatory since MoP launch.
    5.1, I believe actually!

10+ Year Old Account
    Craft or buy the MoP holy pvp 4 set and keep that shit in your bags until they change it.

Getting 5 HP pre-pull>Sera>Wings with HoW macro>ES then pretty much what we do with SW, HoW>CS>HoW>TV.

Holy Avenger lines up nicely with Wings now that CDR is going to be non-existant, but HoW hits harder than TV so squeezing more of those out contributes more DPS, as Solsacra's sim reflected.
    Last edited by Calgar2013; 2014-09-12 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    5.1, I believe actually!
    5.2. 5.1 just nerfed the previous holy pvp 4 piece(1 holy power every time you use wog/ef) to not grant the holy power when you cast wog/ef during Divine Purpose procs. It didn't change to flash of light granting holy power until Throne of Thunder.

You can still pop Avenging Wrath on pull (if you use Sanctified Wrath), doesn't take that long to build 5 holy power- feels good to crit for 60k without HoL and Multistrikes counted. ^^
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You can still pop Avenging Wrath on pull (if you use Sanctified Wrath), doesn't take that long to build 5 holy power- feels good to crit for 60k without HoL and Multistrikes counted. ^^
    bear that would be fucking retarded since Seraph and Wings would desync from the start. Plus initial trinket procs.

Until changed if you aren't using 4 pc holy you may aswell just not pot because it's about the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Verdict is doing more damage for me, but its not far behind. It will be better for fights where you have to do planned burst on a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Final Verdict is doing more damage for me, but its not far behind. It will be better for fights where you have to do planned burst on a mob.
    well then you likely aren't great or don't understand cleave VS ST

bear that would be fucking retarded since Seraph and Wings would desync from the start. Plus initial trinket procs.

Until changed if you aren't using 4 pc holy you may aswell just not pot because it's about the same.
    Wont desync it.
    SW = 30sec
    Seraphim = 15sec

All you do is getting Seraphim at the last 20-ish seconds of your wings (yes it still lasts 15 seconds) instead of the first 15, makes no difference what-so-ever.

Holy PVP 4 set 4tw. I'm making a vid

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Wont desync it.
    SW = 30sec
    Seraphim = 15sec

All you do is getting Seraphim at the last 20-ish seconds of your wings (yes it still lasts 15 seconds) instead of the first 15, makes no difference what-so-ever.
    Still goodbye trinket procs. your advice is inferior

You've gotten quite arrogant recently Anaxie.

OT: I think I'm going to just stick with FV, less fucking about.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Still goodbye trinket procs. your advice is inferior
    Trinket procs are going to activate more or less on pull regardless if you delay Avenging Wrath (SW) or not...
    I've been going with 1 proc and one activate trinket on beta, activate trinket used when Seraphim is activated- last half+ of Avenging Wrath (SW) is super strong...

Makes no difference what so ever if you use Seraphim on the first or second half of your Avenging Wrath... on pull you might as well use AW asap and get more use of your trinket procs instead of hanging on to it- you'll get full AW + Seraphim combination regardless... (again, with SW)

10+ Year Old Account
    well then you likely aren't great or don't understand cleave VS ST
    Its doing more single target. Getting about 24k single target with FV, and 22k Single target with Seraph.

Could be because Im not used to it, but you don't have to be rude.