Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have somewhere between zero and no sympathy towards drunk drivers. It is simply the dumbest crime one can commit. And not in a funny way.

Plus all the US bashing...common like police brutality doesn't happen in Europe? Just google terms like -Police Brutality Spain or Greece or France, and you will have plenty to condemn. Alright US cops are more trigger happy and confrontations end up being fatal more often, but that has to do with different issues.

But I really don't see any foul play in that video.

P.S I'm from Europe.

She was drinking and driving?

good

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ya i watched the video on huffington post i heard "don't touch my hand" from the cops as they put on the cuffs then she yelled at them and shifted so that she fell on the ground they then held her there and cuffed her again.... if you actually watched the video you would know this
    I watched the video... seriously I didn't even say anything in the way of opinion or my stance and bam here you people go giving me one. Is it so so difficult to not create shit out of thin air for people on this forum? Holy fucking shit it's a pain.

I see drunk trailer trash resisting arrest and then her drunk fuckin' ass being taken to the ground/falling over and hitting her face on the pavement. But I'm sure the usual cop haters will see something different.

and yeah, fuck drunk drivers.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    all i can say: wtf is wrong with you amaricans? like wtf? nobody does even care? and even IF she resisted it isnt a reason to smash her face like this... at least in civilized countrys. I resisted arresting more then one time and that in quit "another" way then she did and i didnt end up in a fucking hospital.

god damn im so lucky to not live in the us
    its beyond me why people choose to live in that backwards shithole lol

Infracted - nation bashing
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-09-11 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I watched the video... seriously I didn't even say anything in the way of opinion or my stance and bam here you people go giving me one. Is it so so difficult to not create shit out of thin air for people on this forum? Holy fucking shit it's a pain.
    Yeah, you're not going to get away with that so easily. The article says "possible" police brutality. Your topic states it as fact. You conveniently quote only the section that has the word "disturbing" three times. And I see you've taken down the picture that was obviously meant to tug at heart strings. "Aw, that poor dear with her messed up face." (edit: or not)

Deleted
    So a skinny woman being held by two trained and developed cops, being restrained so at least two hands on her and two on the cuffs at most, happened to have the strength with her stick arms to cause two grown men they have to put their weight behind planting her face into the car and then accidentally dropping her from a restraint hold. I was a doorman for six years and I know how easily you can bend an arm the wrong way intentionally to make it hurt and how to 'play nice' for the camera while doing a great deal of hurt in 'accidental' bumps. The anti-brutality squad would have a point if she wasn't such a slip of a woman any man that size could fold her up and carry her under one arm without any issue, doesn't take 2 and that much violence. Even going from what she was saying she was very open to negotiation and a peacefull resolution could have easily been found, why were the cops so much in her personal space and in her face, Intimidation. Serve and protect...right!

Drunk drivers don't get to negotiate. Better for her face to be smashed than her wrecking into an innocent person.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when you break two serious laws. DUI and resisting arrest. No sympathy what so ever. Although that face might look gruesome to some, it's not THAT bad. Broken orbital bone, swollen eye, bloody nose and cuts to her arms and legs.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah, you're not going to get away with that so easily. The article says "possible" police brutality. Your topic states it as fact. You conveniently quote only the section that has the word "disturbing" three times. And I see you've taken down the picture that was obviously meant to tug at heart strings. "Aw, that poor dear with her messed up face." (edit: or not)
    The picture wasn't the tug at heartstrings it's how the news story is... dun dun da da, presented. Add a question mark at the end and you've got the intention.

Deleted
    Resists arrest, get injured due to that. I see no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    all i can say: wtf is wrong with you amaricans? like wtf? nobody does even care? and even IF she resisted it isnt a reason to smash her face like this... at least in civilized countrys. I resisted arresting more then one time and that in quit "another" way then she did and i didnt end up in a fucking hospital.

god damn im so lucky to not live in the us
    Dude. . watch the video before you post. You just come off as a retarded 12 year old. (apologies to all the non-retarded 12 year olds out there).

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be mmo champion without our daily dose of Police bashing and fear mongering!

The Po Po going to git ya and slam your face into concrete! Grab your guns and hold em tight!
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-09-11 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ....Her falling due to resisting arrest was why her face got the way it is. It had nothing to do with the cops and everything to do with her resisting arrest.

Clearly you didn't watch the video or just felt like taking a shot at americans.
    It looks more like she was thrown to the pavement more than a fall, or at least it looks that way to me.

Ok maybe she did try to resist a bit, but not that much that 2 cops couldn't hold her without having to smash her face against a car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I see resisting arrest...
    Indeed. Shoving her on the trunk was fine, throwing her on the floor was too much, at least in the fashion they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I watched the video... seriously I didn't even say anything in the way of opinion or my stance
    Yes you did when you titled the thread Police Brutality.

That was you making a statment if it was a question you would have typed Police Brutality? You made the thread labled it Police Brutality and all that was in ur OP was a pic of her and the video It was clear what your opinion was.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-11 at 09:47 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I would be amazed if they get in trouble for police brutality for that in all honesty. I am one to argue against cops when they are in the wrong but what happened to her was clearly an accident and a result of her resisting arrest. It was not an overuse of force or like they repeatedly hit her. They tried to cuff her, she resisted, they re-positioned her and what happened with how hard she went down was simply an accident.

This is not an example of police brutality for me it's just an accident which resulted in really bad injuries for the woman.

Yea i watched back the part where she goes down over and over, it's so clear that they did not intend to hurt her and were simply subduing someone who was resisting. It's unfortunate how hurt she got but it's not due to an overuse of force and all down to her own stupidity.

All I will say is these cops should be glad this was caught by the dash cam because if it was her word against theirs with her injuries they would be in shit. This is why I advocate officers carrying recording equipment to protect not only citizens but themselves also.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2013-09-11 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Crazy woman driving drunk? I say she should got beat up even more for what she did.

Deleted
    Only police brutality i have personally experienced was half-warm food they served me while i was in jail.. Only once though. If you had any money you could also get things like cigarettes and stuff. They would get you pizza or food from grill. When they arrested me they didn't even put handcuffs on me but then again i wasn't being asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    She was resisting arrest and got hurt because of it.

This was not Police Brutality sorry.

If your going to call out Police Brutality at lease watch the video first.
    After watching the video I still call it excess use of force by the officers.

Come on 2 grown man can't controle a drunk woman? And the right officer from the watchers point of view did just pull her to his left and smacked her down. First he stops her than he steps back and smash her down. Than they put their weight on her(both of them).
    2 much force from 2 man vs 1 woman. If it was man vs man than I could understand that a cop uses all his might, but 2 vs 1 drunk woman come on now. Still no human is allowed to stop another human with force no matter the cause. If it's selfdefense than it isn't good but a neccesarry evil.

This wasn't a situation that the officers where in danger or not able to controle the person resisting without smacking her down.