Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healing Legendary Cloak: Underwhelmed!!!!!

This is to priest healers (actually healers in general). I am quite disappointed in the Healing cloak. I have posted on the official forums on the healing forum to be discussed - but since few people read it I would like to redirect some of you who care (or who can correct me) to the official forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...09539?page=1#0

Please if you have an opinion either way, can you provide feedback? If it is a general consensus that it is poor, then I hope we can get it changed for the better. But again, I might be missing something.

Thanks.

As a 10m Disc (stopped at 6/14), it's been between 1% and 4% of my healing done (more often 1-2%), depending highly on the encounter and spell usage. Basically like having a 2pc bonus on your cloak. Not terribly "legendary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meddle View Post
    As a 10m Disc (stopped at 6/14), it's been between 1% and 4% of my healing done (more often 1-2%), depending highly on the encounter and spell usage. Basically like having a 2pc bonus on your cloak. Not terribly "legendary."
    You forgot it also increases your healing done when it procs and disc does not overheal much. On the PTR it sometimes ended up being 10% of my total healing as holy.

It is a good legendary, obviosly it is better for some class than others, and disc priest is not the better class to use this cloak, I'm sure it is better for druids than priest.

but I think the legendary item needs to be a bonus, not a required item.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are expired absorbs counted as overheal? If not, fixing that might address some of the disparity with Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Are expired absorbs counted as overheal? If not, fixing that might address some of the disparity with Disc.
    It is a nice sugestion. =)

I'd really like to see it work with atonement since that seems reasonable. It felt useless on immerseus, I think it ended up only giving me like a free 150k heal or something but that fight is just plain terrible for all healing classes except for monks/shaman I think.

On a side note though I feel like the cloak is fine. Disc actually has the highest rppm out of all the healing specs.

Mistweaver .46 ppm
    Resto Druid .46 ppm
    Holy Pally .64 ppm
    Disc .81 ppm
    Holy .58 ppm
    Shaman .41 ppm

We're still competitive too. We only did the first 5 bosses last night due to time constraints but I managed to keep up with our shaman on most fights.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/ (Logs for the first 5 fights, not sure how to seperate trash from bosses but we had one wipe on norushan and one on galakris because of the fracturing on npcs every other boss was one shot.)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../spell/148009/ (All of our healers chi ji procs for the night)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneem View Post
    I am quite disappointed in the Healing cloak.
    If you're using Solace or general Atonement, consider using the DPS legendary cloak. Mine has been fully 20% (!) of my damage while healing with full-time Atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    If you're using Solace or general Atonement, consider using the DPS legendary cloak. Mine has been fully 20% (!) of my damage while healing with full-time Atonement.
    Garrosh normal, Healing cloak was a whopping 0.2% of my total healing. I hadn't seen it higher than 2% prior to that.

Seriously considering the DPS cloak. ^_^
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-09-13 at 03:24 PM.

9/14 in our second raid last night with my priest. As mentioned in another topic, due to Divine Star I was pushing about 280-300K HPS when people were stacked up (vs the other healers topping out at 200K or so), and I was using the DPS cloak the entire night, doing about 15-20% of my damage. 15-20% of 60-70K is quite nice, compared to a pretty much non-existing healing proc.

Deleted
    I've not really had much of a chance to play around with the new patch, aside from getting the healing cloak and then doing some proving grounds. Is it possible to switch from the healing legendary to the DPS one?

Yes you can now own both legendary cloaks, cost 7K gold for the cloak itself and 87g (?) for the legendary item thingy
    I'm going to try the DPS cloak a bit and experiment!

I'm kind of annoyed how the cleave and multistrike trinkets as well as the cloak all don't really work properly with disc. The trinkets and cloak all don't work with our crit mechanic - which is kind of a big deal since crit is our best stat - and the cloak doesn't even proc from the mechanic they are forcing on us with their spirit nerf (which seems totally contrary to all the goals the stated they had: less atonement and less fixed mana returns in favor of a more varied spell usage and mana returns based on spirit).

Deleted
    Thanks for the heads up about the DPS cloak. It is a nice little bonus and is more "fun" than the healer legendary. Constantly seeing the Essence being around 20 to 30% of my DPS as disc which feels more useful so far than simply having a small boost to healing much less regularly.

During Garrosh 25m last night I was regularly getting over 5% healing from the proc as a 548 HPriest. So far it has seemed to vary from ~3-8% for me across the fights, I believe the highest I have seen for a single proc was 2.8 mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Disc Priest, I think it's pretty shit.

Might go for the DPS cloak.

On general nazgrin I looked at my recount and it wasn't even on my recount. Apparently recount stops recording after the 12th lowest spell and my 12th lowest heal was .09% of my healing done. So my cloak did less than .09%.

On an average looking at wol it was around 1.5% and it rarely procs when I care about the 5% increase to healing so next week I'm definitely trying the dps one reading some of the other posters here. When we get to heroics I think at least in ten man that little bit of extra dps is going to be much greater than a cloak that tells me to go screw myself.

It's even more depressing when I have the Druid healer next to me getting 8-15% consistently and even our resto shaman is getting at least 5% and resto shaman is supposed to be seeing pretty bad numbers to.

I'd love it if they made it proc from atonement healing I think that would do wonders to fixing at least some of the issues we have with it as disc moreso in tens than 25 although I've heard the 25 man disc priest is struggling now to so idk.

I can't see them leaving the cloak that bad for Disc, while it's insanely OP for other classes. Making it proc from Atonement would be a good start, but even then most of Atonement's overhealing comes when everyone is topped off, and when we actually would need it during damage Atonement doesn't overheal much. Maybe increasing the healing % when specced into Disc, as long as it affected all our shields, could work as well, since the proc is pretty damn bad. Turning all overhealing during the proc into shields would be amazing as well. Kind of like the old Pally Eternal Flame; tiny shields for everyone!

Even when proccing it is still bad because it ignores our (and only our) crit mechanic.

Deleted
    After finally getting a chance to jump into a flex raid, it really does seem as though the healing cloak is terrible for disc and running the DPS one feels like a better choice. It could be interesting to allow Essence of Yu'lon to work with Atonement to at least have one cloak which is congruent with the play style of disc.