Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the pitch trailer if anybody missed it;

Deleted
    Interesting little teaser, even though it's garanteed miles away from what the final product will look like. It also seems like we'll be seeing a bunch of pterosaurs in the movie, which I'm pretty happy about since it was one of the few things i actually liked in JP 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Yeah they butchered the physiology of the Spinosaurus and made it seem like some "SUPER T-REX!!!!" when in actuality it was a fish-eater I believe.
    Pretty much the same with the T-Rex (God I hate that name, can't we call him Tyranosaurus), experts still aren't sure if he was a predator or a scavenger.

Personally I would prefer if the "next big dinosaur" (Although he was smaller than the two) was an Allosaurus or something similar. He actually lived in Jurassic and not like the other two in Cretaceous and experts agree on him being a successful predator.

Having the biggest "villain" isn't always the most menacing, the Velociraptors show this clearly. And maybe Allosaurus could make good crossover between Velociraptors and Spinosaurus (As he was shown in third film).

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrk Dyrk View Post
    Interesting little teaser, even though it's garanteed miles away from what the final product will look like. It also seems like we'll be seeing a bunch of pterosaurs in the movie, which I'm pretty happy about since it was one of the few things i actually liked in JP 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

[video=youtube;zh2sTLhzg14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh2sTLhzg14[/vide]
    Hope so, I first it was an animation before the humans showed up.

wasn't it discovered that most dinosaurs, including tyrannosaurus, had a thick covering of downy feathers? i wonder if they'll roll with that in the new movie, and say the first were just mutated or something.

anyway, i'm sooooooooooo happy about this. can't wait <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

O.O

We are going full blown CGI on this?

Not sure if want... No seriously it looks great but I reckon one of the reasons JP has such realistic creatures is because about half of the movie has actual giant puppets in it mixed with the CGI.

Btw was totally expecting that ptero to fly over a city of something and alot of dinos running around but I suppose that would reveal to much.

Deleted
    Alright so its been quite a while since any info came out.

First off, that trailer apparently was from a non-movie related project. Second, there was a tiny lil incident on set where a main character got stuck inside the jaws of a mechanical dino for over 15m due to the power being out. (ironic isn't it)

And then... the new dinossaur is NOT the Troodon from the Jurassic Park: The Game as some (including myself) were led to belive.

According to http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...the-dinos-more , this movie is set 20ish years after the events of Isla Nubler (is also set in that island) and the new dino is supposed to be a hybrid of sorts that is composed of a Tyranossaurus, Velociraptor, cutlefish and a snake.

The idea in the movie is that they are experimenting with gene-splicing for new attractions and this guy came out of the woodwork. There is supposed to be a character that "tames" the Rex and the Velociraptors like circus lions and I'll assume this implies a CGI/animatronic battle, akin to Spino vs Rex in JP3.

I'm not sure how to feel about all of this. They don't explain the source of the Spino in Site B (and what happened on the island) since it wasn't on Ingen's List, suddenly raptors are dumb enough to be tamed (I can MAYBE see the Rex, and this is a big maybe) and not only that, but there is a risk to repeat the disaster in JP3.

What's everyones thoughts on this?
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-05-20 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    Alright so its been quite a while since any info came out.

First off, that trailer apparently was from a non-movie related project. Second, there was a tiny lil incident on set where a main character got stuck inside the jaws of a mechanical dino for over 15m due to the power being out. (ironic isn't it)

And then... the new dinossaur is NOT the Troodon from the Jurassic Park: The Game as some (including myself) were led to belive.

According to http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...the-dinos-more , this movie is set 20ish years after the events of Isla Nubler (is also set in that island) and the new dino is supposed to be a hybrid of sorts that is composed of a Tyranossaurus, Velociraptor, cutlefish and a snake.

The idea in the movie is that they are experimenting with gene-splicing for new attractions and this guy came out of the woodwork. There is supposed to be a character that "tames" the Rex and the Velociraptors like circus lions and I'll assume this implies a CGI/animatronic battle, akin to Spino vs Rex in JP3.

I'm not sure how to feel about all of this. They don't explain the source of the Spino in Site B (and what happened on the island) since it wasn't on Ingen's List, suddenly raptors are dumb enough to be tamed (I can MAYBE see the Rex, and this is a big maybe) and not only that, but there is a risk to repeat the disaster in JP3.

Okay...

If this is for real then it has the potentional to be even worse than JP3, the whole hyrbid dinosaur and the tamed dinosaurs plot just sounds too riduculous for a JP movie.

dammit, here I was hoping that the movie would be more like the first JP, but instead we end up with ''good dinosaurs'' vs ''evil dinosaurs'', my hope for another GOOD JP movie is starting to die out...

Right now I say it's too soon to tell. It's one of those things that I'd have to see before I judge it. While the material written so far doesn't sound like it'd be decent, it how it pans out on the big screen that would make it decent or not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are they going to retcon the raptors?

In regards to leaked details about the movie, the director has come out and confirmed what leaks were real and what the movie will be about. I'll link the article here that confirms the plot details here, only click if you don't mind spoilers.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/29/57...-story-details
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Fully expect it to suck. Hope to be proven wrong?

P.S. Not exactly an all-star cast.

Sorry Judy Greer and Vincent D'Onofrio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So are they going to retcon the raptors?
    You mean the ones in the third movie that were so intelligent they played Sudoku and wrote dirty limericks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard they are still using models over CGI. which is good, CGI only going to be there to enhance the effects of the models!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I heard they are still using models over CGI. which is good, CGI only going to be there to enhance the effects of the models!
    I certainly like that they use practical effects, though I'd like to see antagonist dinosaurs other than a trex and raptors.

Deleted
    K so here we are, now less than 1 year into this movie's release!

Apparently the leaked info was in fact TRUE and the guys at the studios are really sad it got out.

So what have we got so far?

- Isla Nublar 20 years after JP events with 20.000 daily visitors.
    - Main character studying relationship with Raptors and Humans (GL with that one buddy).
    - Corporation dude(s) who are greedy (ikr?) and want the next big thing.
    - That next big thing is confirmed to be Diabolus Rex, or D-Rex for short.
    - Raptors, Triceratops, Mosassaur, Pachycephalosaurus, Gallimimus and not one but 2x T-Rex are in the park, I'm sure there is a Brachiasaurus in there somewhere. Also no Spino because fuck that dude for killing Rex in JP3.

I found this on FB, so take it as a grain of salt. Its a picture of the new Dino.

Sources: This and this.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-06-14 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    K so here we are, now less than 1 year into this movie's release!

Apparently the leaked info was in fact TRUE and the guys at the studios are really sad it got out.

So what have we got so far?

- Isla Nublar 20 years after JP events with 20.000 daily visitors.
    - Main character studying relationship with Raptors and Humans (GL with that one buddy).
    - Corporation dude(s) who are greedy (ikr?) and want the next big thing.
    - That next big thing is confirmed to be Diabolus Rex, or D-Rex for short.
    - Raptors, Triceratops, Mosassaur, Pachycephalosaurus, Gallimimus and not one but 2x T-Rex are in the park, I'm sure there is a Brachiasaurus in there somewhere. Also no Spino because fuck that dude for killing Rex in JP3.

I found this on FB, so take it as a grain of salt. Its a picture of the new Dino.

Sources: This and this.
    With that... I am about to say fuck this movie...

Was hoping Jurassic world was going to be where dinosaurs begin running rampant across the world... not that bs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    With that... I am about to say fuck this movie...

Was hoping Jurassic world was going to be where dinosaurs begin running rampant across the world... not that bs.
    Well that's just it, what exactly makes you think it won't? This movie in particular is supposed to start a TRILOGY, keep that in mind.

edit:

All my gratitude to our background actors in New Orleans. The bar has been raised for running and screaming.

From the Director's Twitter.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-06-14 at 04:50 PM.

why would they call it diabolus? there's actually a dinosaur that looked like that... at least, i'm pretty sure there was. i'm pretty sure it's not called diabolus.

I liked the JP movies(even 3)...but the more I read, the stupider this sounds.

Do not want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred if the kids from the two grandkids from the first movie were present in this movie when the dinosaurs got out but from what I've heard the only returning character is some random scientist that did nothing in the first movie. Would have been hilarious to watch them kill dinosaurs while trying to stay alive. Basically think that Australian guy, Muldoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.