Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Jurassic Park 4 AKA Jurassic World

http://www.thewrap.com/steven-spielb...-in-june-2015/

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a official date.

It seems that its back to Nublar and from the info that is out right now, this movie takes place aprox 20 years after the events of the other movies, where a majority of the island is under control and the northern part is completely untamed, left for the animals to run free in the abandoned facilities of Ingen.

The plot is basically centered around a hybrid creation from the geneticists in the island, that seek to bring something thrilling to the audience since all the other dinos are "old news". This dinosaur has been nicknamed Diabolus Rex or D-Rex for short, is the combination of Velociraptor, T-Rex, Cuttlefish and Rattlesnake

edit: https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...386688/photo/1

Thoughts?

EDIT2: TRAILER TIME

Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2015-04-20 at 03:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forwards to it!

Film / Special effects have come along way since the original (20 years ago) so I have no doubt it will look fantastic.

My only real concern is the story. I can be pretty picky at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Looking forwards to it!

Film / Special effects have come along way since the original (20 years ago) so I have no doubt it will look fantastic.

My only real concern is the story. I can be pretty picky at times.
    Agreed! Story will be the biggest factor regarding this movies success or failure! I mean we always have JP3 and we know the sh1tstorm that T-rex vs Spino fight brought.

However the die-hard fans like myself will see it anyway because DINOSAURS and the first movie came out sometime ago in 3D and made huge profits so very much looking forward to this.

Deleted
    2015?! I thought it was next year

Deleted
    Damn, summer 2015? Can't believe I have to wait for almost 2 years, I've already waited since 2010...

Anyway, the plot actually sounds pretty interesting, thank god they didn't go with yet another ''return to devistated island full of rampaging dinosaurs'' plot again and went with a park instead. I just pray to the lord that they won't fuck this up as much as they did with JP 3, it would be a disaster if they screwed up yet another continuity of my of one of my favorite movies of all times.

Btw, I also love that they called it Jurassic World instead of Jurassic Park 4, really cool name.

Yeah, looking forward to it. Glad they went another route, there's only so much you can do with the same island. Hopefully gonna be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrk Dyrk View Post
    Damn, summer 2015? Can't believe I have to wait for almost 2 years, I've already waited since 2010...

Anyway, the plot actually sounds pretty interesting, thank god they didn't go with yet another ''return to devistated island full of rampaging dinosaurs'' plot again and went with a park instead. I just pray to the lord that they won't fuck this up as much as they did with JP 3, it would be a disaster if they screwed up yet another continuity of my of one of my favorite movies of all times.

Btw, I also love that they called it Jurassic World instead of Jurassic Park 4, really cool name.
    I don't understand the hatred for Jurassic Park 3. Yeah they butchered the physiology of the Spinosaurus and made it seem like some "SUPER T-REX!!!!" when in actuality it was a fish-eater I believe.

Acting wasn't terrible, plot wasn't too unbelievable. Overall I'd give it a B to B-, people treat it like a nail to a coffin.

Hopefully it has Sam and Jeff back. Those two together was great in JP1 Vince Vaughn was ok in 2 i don't want to see him again.

Hopefully the World Aspect is that Life has found a way off the island because the samples from 1 was found and some one cloned too many and now Newyork is T-rex town and New jeresy is Spino Alley and they have turf wars and oh my fucking god i hope it's nothing like that besides the Samples from 1 coming into play somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Hopefully it has Sam and Jeff back. Those two together was great in JP1 Vince Vaughn was ok in 2 i don't want to see him again.

Hopefully the World Aspect is that Life has found a way off the island because the samples from 1 was found and some one cloned too many and now Newyork is T-rex town and New jeresy is Spino Alley and they have turf wars and oh my fucking god i hope it's nothing like that besides the Samples from 1 coming into play somehow.
    I believe the script will take off from the first Jurassic Park, whereas the Dino Zoo he was creating finally comes together and people visit it like a Disney World.

Even though the third one was pretty awful compared to the first two, I have hopes this one will be better. The dinosaurs in the original that is now 20 years old still look better than most CGI dinosaurs/monsters etc in today's film so even if the plot is terrible, at least there should be purdy dinosaurs.

Honey Boo Boo is going to play a dinosaur. It shall be the main Dino of the movie....The visitors are doooooooomed.

Edit sorry had too.

Hope they break back the rex and DONT use a Gigantosaurs or something stupid like that.

Yay! I love dinosaurs! Raaaaaaaaaaaaawr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't understand the hatred for Jurassic Park 3. Yeah they butchered the physiology of the Spinosaurus and made it seem like some "SUPER T-REX!!!!" when in actuality it was a fish-eater I believe.

Acting wasn't terrible, plot wasn't too unbelievable. Overall I'd give it a B to B-, people treat it like a nail to a coffin.
    Yeah, my main problem with the movie was how the they treated the Spinosaurus. I'm sure we knew at that point we knew that the Spinosaurus was primarily a fish-eater and was barely able to take down huge pray, but because it is the biggest therapod that has ever lived they seem to have thought that meant it some kind of Godzilla monster.

But there was also other things that annoyed me, like Dr. Grant being the only character that seemed likeable, everyone else were either a bunch of whiny dumbasses or huge douchebags. And that kid that somehow managed to turn into the dinosaur worlds answer to Tarzan in what 2 months? that was hard to shallow.

Oh well, each to his own, I'm just very happy with the direction their going with Jurassic World.

10+ Year Old Account
    you think they will still try and use animatronics? Or just go full out CGI, because they shouldn't take nothing away from alot of the animatronics like in the first Jurassic Park, it felt more real, I dont mind they add a bit of CGI to do stuff they cant normally and to clean up so obvious messes here and there but this is the era of full blown cgi lately.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I've been waiting for a new Jurassic Park since forever, I still often looked on the internet as a small child if there's any news for a new movie.

I hope the next movie will actually show some female deaths to the dinosaurs. I don't get why the other 3 never showed any female death...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've been waiting for a new Jurassic Park since forever, I still often looked on the internet as a small child if there's any news for a new movie.

I hope the next movie will actually show some female deaths to the dinosaurs. I don't get why the other 3 never showed any female death...
    Female death in movies always bothered me more, Must be a man thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    exciting! For my 7th birthday i went to the cinema with my parents to see the lost world It's one of my earliest and happiest memories...walking through the shopping complex at like 9pm just my parents and me and i was so excited :P

When i was young my parents said i used to call the t rex Jurassic park >.<

Everybody knows JP 3 was a knockoff and doesn't count. JP 2 shouldnt count either.

Glad they're calling it Jurassic World instead of JP 4.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

ugh so long away! But I also agree, the story is what made Jurassic park so amazing...hopefully it isn't far fetched like the second one was.

When I first about this many many years ago (think shortly after the 3rd) I was excited to see it but haven't heard anything in years. Gonna have to check out the info on it now. If it's as you said OP and it goes back to the original and does basically and alternate reality I think it'll be good. Lost World was decent I thought, but the third one was meh. I mean it was ok, but just not really fitting of the series I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I suspect they'll go full out CGI. I mean, I'm hoping for animatronics kind of, but it seems more plausible they'll go full out CGI
    I could be wrong, but wasn't the reason they used animatronics in them to start with was because CGI for it wasn't where they wanted it? Or as detailed as it is now. At least that's the reason I thought for the first one and then they just reused them for the following movies to cut budget. Again, I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.