Seed of Corruption (5.4) detonation

Did something significant change here? Prior to patch, casting a soulburnt seed, followed by a normal seed just on their own was enough to detonate both before the 3rd seed reached the target (and thus overwriting the second). This seems to no longer be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Did something significant change here? Prior to patch, casting a soulburnt seed, followed by a normal seed just on their own was enough to detonate both before the 3rd seed reached the target (and thus overwriting the second). This seems to no longer be the case.
    They actually made it easier for the seed to detonate (check unofficial patch notes). And no - this was never enough to make the seed detonate. Even on a fully doted target you sometimes needed a fel flame to make the seed detonate, depending on how fast you are casting ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    They actually made it easier for the seed to detonate (check unofficial patch notes). And no - this was never enough to make the seed detonate. Even on a fully doted target you sometimes needed a fel flame to make the seed detonate, depending on how fast you are casting ofc.
    they changed that long ago (5.1?). it was a gear question before but not nowadays.

Deleted
    On a completely DoT-free target, that's never gonna be enough. If you want to cast 3 seeds(1 soulburned) on one target, you should put the soulburned one in the middle. SoC-SB-SoC-SoC-MG is the best burst you're going to get without dots on one target. MG should detonate at least the first SoC with its first tick before the third SoC(second without SB).

Deleted
    So did they buff or nerf it? I mean do we need more or less damage than pre 5.4? Haven't played affli in a while and my feeling might be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    So did they buff or nerf it? I mean do we need more or less damage than pre 5.4? Haven't played affli in a while and my feeling might be way off.
    Playing affliction for a bit, I think they increased the damage for it to detonate in 5.4, kinda of a bummer. But at least we can soul swap empowered dots all over the place now, you can't have everything =\

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Playing affliction for a bit, I think they increased the damage for it to detonate in 5.4, kinda of a bummer. But at least we can soul swap empowered dots all over the place now, you can't have everything =\
    Unless the tooltip change is wrong, didn't they remove the scaling portion? Ie, it does 1k * whatever playerLevel scaling damage, with zero gain from spellpower?
    Meaning if you have other dots on the target, it will proc pretty much straight up?

I think the OP doesn't realize other people hitting the boss can detonate your seed.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think the OP doesn't realize other people hitting the boss can detonate your seed.
    This used to be the case in tbc, but ever since, other people would have to kill your target to detonate the seed. Can't say I have tested it recently, but the tooltip still states it pretty clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was true back in wrath. Another seed couldn't detonate a seed for a long time now.

I'll clarify.. before the patch, (personal observation) just the dot component from two seeds would be able to detonate both before a third seed reached the target or pretty close to it. Current experience is that it's not even close.

I'll clarify.. before the patch, (personal observation) just the dot component from two seeds would be able to detonate both before a third seed reached the target or pretty close to it. Current experience is that it's not even close.
    I thought I noticed this last night as well - I can attest that prior to patch I would throw out a SB:SoC + SoC onto one target, and then tab around throwing SoC on other targets. Usually by the time I got to the third or fourth target the SB:SoC would go off. During last night's raid I noticed that even when I had tabbed to the 5th or 6th target, they still didn't have corruption on them (i.e. SB:SoC hadn't gone off yet).