Better fans for an 80i

Hello champs. I had an h80i for awhile now. Now that I'm playing FF14 all day, I noticed my fans on the radiator gets loud, feels like somebody's humming in my ear all day. Can anyone suggest better/quieter fans? The stock fans are pretty good at keeping temps cool, but man, that wind tunnel sounds annoys me.

Edit: I got 2 120mm fans push/pull

10+ Year Old Account
    AF120 Performance Edition.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    AF120 Performance Edition.
    I think you meant the SP120's there.

I recommend going with either the noctua or scythe gentle typhoon AP-14's. I wouldn't recommend the SP120's as I found them to be louder than the other radiator fans, and the AF120's just don't have enough static pressure.

Just out of curiosity are you using performance or quiet mode in CorsairLink? I had mine set to Performance for the longest time on my 3770k because hey why not. But they'd do the same thing in GW2...spin up and sound like a jet engine. I put them into quiet mode and I barely even notice them even after an hour or two of running games. Temps seem fine as well, high 30's to mid 40's.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Build quality of the SP120's is really good though. And just don't run them at max speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I think you meant the SP120's there.
    I meant the AF ones.
    1650 RPM is perfect in terms of cooling/noise. 2350 RPM of the SP120 is just extreme.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

15+ Year Old Account
    While we are talking about fans, how should they be mounted on the cooler? Both blowing wind out of the computer or both sucking it into the computer?
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Push/pull out the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant the AF ones.
    1650 RPM is perfect in terms of cooling/noise. 2350 RPM of the SP120 is just extreme.
    The AF series is made for AirFlow. SP is made for heatsinks/radiators, hence the name StaticPressure
    Doesn't mean they can only be used exclusively for once purpose, but it makes less sense if you don't.

Push/pull out the case.
    The instructions on the H80i actually suggest a pull setup from the outside of the case with a top mounted exhaust. Depends on your case setup tbh. Push/pull will help the internal components but will result in high cpu temperatures than using the fans as an intake. Downside for using it as an intake is that your other components may see a rise in temperatures.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Mines is like the directions, pull air from outside to in...Should I change it to exhaust out the case? Gonna get a couple of those noctura's.

P.S. I don't see my fans in corsair link, port connection to the USB port on the MB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The instructions on the H80i actually suggest a pull setup from the outside of the case with a top mounted exhaust. Depends on your case setup tbh. Push/pull will help the internal components but will result in high cpu temperatures than using the fans as an intake. Downside for using it as an intake is that your other components may see a rise in temperatures.
    You're honestly just blowing very hot air around the case which is just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    The AF series is made for AirFlow. SP is made for heatsinks/radiators, hence the name StaticPressure
    Doesn't mean they can only be used exclusively for once purpose, but it makes less sense if you don't.
    It doesn't matter mate.
    Both running at 1650 RPM the AF will do a better job, you don't expect him to run the fans higher than that when he is having noise issues.
    Even the quiet edition SP120 is garbage, it pushes almost no air out at 1450RPM.

Edit: I had some SP120's laying around and went to test.
    1650 vs 1650 RPM on both the AF120 / SP120 noisewise was about the same, could barely hear them.
    Now the the SP120 was doing better on average by about 1-2 C by running IBT for 15 min.

The stock fans on the H80i is pretty damn good actually, could always run the fans at lower settings in the bios OP.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-09-12 at 09:31 PM.