10+ Year Old Account

Advice for Sha of Pride, Galakras, and Iron Juggernaut

So, my guild blew through Immerseus (2 shot due to retardedness) and Fallen Prots (1 shot), but had a 3 1-2% wipes, because we had a dps die at 30%+. We finally downed it, but only had 15 minutes left during raid. We threw a couple attempts at Sha of Pride without explaining anything and it looks like we'll get it pretty quickly, so to those of you who have pounded through Siege: Do you have any advice for the upcoming 3 bosses?

I'm not looking for a refresher of the dungeon journal, I'm more interested in advice on how the fight plays out or how to cheese certain mechanics. I appreciate it.

Not really any cheeseable mechanics. Have a basic strat and they should be just as easy as the previous bosses.

Iron Jugg is probably the easiest boss in the raid other then Thokk if you are 545+ ilvl (lol never leave P1 lololol).

We had Sha if our 2 highest pride guys had watched for their projections. Really have to stay on top of keeping pride down as much as you can by not getting hit by Reflection, interrupting manifestation, moving ricky tick to the prisons, and making good use of the titan buffs.

Self Reflection hits the highest 5 on the pride chart. Once they show their spawn points, move like 2 or 3 yards and the eruption shouldn't hit you.

Stack up dps and heals for Titan buffs, but don't be afraid to spread on Swelling pride if anyone is above 25 pride and will cause an issue.

Manifestations popped in the same place for us each time, and it only takes a couple of ranged to interrupt/burn them down. They can be stunned/frozen/interrupted.

Prisons work best if you split 2 for the tanks +1 melee dps and the other 2 for ranged. Be quick to the locks and make sure the people being released move asap when they are let go.

I believe that you want to time your dispels for mark for when the group is under the titan buff.

Make sure everyone knows what they need to do individually if they attain a high pride state when Swelling happens. Staying bunched can get you spammed with the aoe shadow pools or tons of reflections. Projection is pretty easy to take care of from what our tank was saying, there is a huge green arrow over your projection's head showing you where to move to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Not really any cheeseable mechanics. Have a basic strat and they should be just as easy as the previous bosses.

Iron Jugg is probably the easiest boss in the raid other then Thokk if you are 545+ ilvl (lol never leave P1 lololol).
    My guild started up pretty late in ToT, so we're only 532 average ilvl. I have the highest ilvl at 540. Do you think any of these upcoming bosses will be impossible/incredibly difficult for our item level?

Galakras - just take down the healer shammies from trash and the big adds that will go for your elites (think they are called bone crushers) - if they are on the elites for awhile, they WILL kill them and it does end the fight. Beyond that, don't rush up the towers, kill the adds in them first before running up to the boss and be sure to time shooting down Galakras when there's like 10 seconds before the next spawn. Beyond that, on Galakras, be sure to have a few people soak up the fire balls (otherwise they do WAY more damage), but make sure it's different people each time (because they take a stacking dot for each fire ball they take).

Iron Jug - just have a rogue or tank eat the crawler mines, dps can periodically pick em up if they got a cooldown up. This fight IMO was very easy, just dodge stuff that you already know you should dodge, and don't let the laser beam hit the oil puddles.

Sha of Pride, just stack up behind the boss, spread out before adds spawn from the puddles beneath you, and then kill the big add that spawns quick and coordinate interrupts (have people call it out). Beyond that, just have healers free those that are in prisons.... fight is not bad if you do all that.

Shameless plug for my Galakras video I just made - http://youtu.be/AevFmPAOqUY (there's no vent or narration)

the key points I can make outside of what you will read in any strat guide
    -kill demolishers before entering the tower
    -tower team should be 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps
    -tower team should stand near the main boss at all times while killing the rangers first, to make dodging the arc smash easier
    -have 1 person kill all the proto drakes in the sky with the cannon after clearing the first tower
    -phase 2, everyone should stand in a line, with a symbol at the back, and the person with the flame orb should run to the back each time - this phase requires substantially more healing than phase 1, so make sure you 3 heal even if it seems easy at first

we are 8/14 atm, and Galakras was the only boss that took more than 1 wipe so far, i can't see anything else being a problem really
    Last edited by Varun; 2013-09-11 at 09:17 PM.

Does anyone have advice on tower team comps for 25-man? I'm thinking maybe 10 people, with 1 tank, 2 healers, and 7 DPS, but that seems like too many. Maybe drop it to 5 DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    My guild started up pretty late in ToT, so we're only 532 average ilvl. I have the highest ilvl at 540. Do you think any of these upcoming bosses will be impossible/incredibly difficult for our item level?
    Pretty sure it's scaled for around 525 so you guys should be more then fine.

Xingua

Our tower comp was 1 tank 1 healer 3 mages 1 melee and it was fine. 25 man. Avg ilvl of the group probably 549.

Got 8 bosses down tonight and most of them went down pretty easily but we wasted over an hour on Galarakas... A few problems we had..

1. we were using 2 healers and we nearly killed it but we lacked a little healing in the last phase (although 1 of our 2 healer team was a bit undergeared). 3 healers felt more comfortable for us.

2. We were sending our tower team up to the towers as soon as the gates opened. We were also dragging all the tower trash upto the top and aoeing it all down together with the mini boss on top. Because of this we were getting stunned and taking a lot of damage in the towers from the demolishers. What we should have done was have everyone stay down to kill the demolishers before going into the tower. It's also safer to kill the tower trash at the bottom before proceeding to the top to kill the mini boss. There are no downsides to waiting to kill the demo before going into the towers.

Also when you clear the 1st tower have someone use the cannon to shoot down all the drake trash mobs... This is obvious but if you don't do it I think there is more raid damage. It only takes 1 player about 20 seconds to do it so it's worthwhile.

Stuns, snares, roots etc all seem to work on the adds. You can use this to help control the adds damage output. This can help a lot when trying to stop the npcs taking damage from add charges and stuff.

Hope this helps someone avoid the same problems. It's a pretty easy boss if done correctly but it gave us problems due to some obvious errors in our strategy.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-09-12 at 12:34 AM.

Couple of questions about Iron Juggernaut, we had about 3 pulls on it last night prior to running out of time.

Our raid comp is:

Prot Warrior
    BRM Monk

Mistweaver
    Resto Druid

SP (Disc OS)
    Mage
    Hunter
    Boomkin
    Rogue
    Feral

First of all, are you guys 2 or 3 healing it? The damage during assault phase seemed very manageable with 2, but it seems that siege phase might be easier with 3. The upside to two healing is that it seems possible to only have one siege phase, which is seemingly the only challenging part of the encounter.

Second, in terms of soaking mines, are all of the above classes able to soak at least 1? Obviously, the mage, hunter and SP would not have issues. I'm wondering if its possible for the druids to pop barkskin and soak them in bear form. While the tanks generally didn't seem to have trouble with soaking all 3, we had an attempt or two where they missed 1, probably because the mines were too spread out. I'm thinking it will also be easier on healing if a DPS can soak one with a major cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Stuns, snares, roots etc all seem to work on the adds. You can use this to help control the adds damage output. This can help a lot when trying to stop the npcs taking damage from add charges and stuff.
    Did you happen to see if incapacitates were working on Bonecrushers?